I'm ready for the MPx220!

Guest zim_zimmer

Guest zim_zimmer

Well,

I got a MPx200 through my door yesterday and well... I was very impressed. Although it being an old phone now and apart from the obvious glaring omissions from the phone (bluetooth & camera) its a great phone. It just feels like its been very well made and that you know you've got a phone for life! Unlike my SPV C500 which now has a gethering of dust in the screen and still feels like it may fall apart at any second! I'm not mocking the features and power of the SPV because its superb but the build quality and design I would deffo go for the MPx any time!

I upgraded it to Windows Mobile 2003 (as it was on WM2002) and also added BetaPlayer and it seems to run the OS very smoothly (I'd say more smoothly than WM2002!!) with no hanging plus obviously now I have the new version of Windows Media Player!

I'm not planning on keeping the MPx200... not because its not a great phone but because it does not have bluetooth or a camera and to me those features are now essential on a phone that I own. I will use the money that I get from this phone (and my SPV) to buy a MPx220!!!

If anyone knows of a cheap resource of where to purchase a SIM free (preferably unlocked) MPx220 then I will be very grateful!

Guest dcdomain

You aren't missing much :?: the camera on the MPX220 is awful. And I have yet to use the bluetooth feature since I always have the cable with me.

How's the sound quality? I was pretty impressed with my MPX220 for the first day and then noticed how I couldn't have a conversation with certain people because as many people have stated, the sound volume is awfully low. Hope Motorola fixes this in the next firmware update.

Guest hotphil

I would. The MPx220 is quite old now, and for reasons that no one seems to want to divulge, still hasn't had a UK launch. I'd steer clear - whatever the reason is for the networks having pulled it, it can't be good.

Guest arogntbastrd
You aren't missing much  :?:  the camera on the MPX220 is awful. And I have yet to use the bluetooth feature since I always have the cable with me.

How's the sound quality? I was pretty impressed with my MPX220 for the first day and then noticed how I couldn't have a conversation with certain people because as many people have stated, the sound volume is awfully low. Hope Motorola fixes this in the next firmware update.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

everyone always complains about the low volume on the mpx, and i've encountered this a few times but a few weeks ago i was at an astros game and got a phone call. i'm used to not being able to hear a thing at baseball games with my other phones but i heard the conversation and they heard me just fine. i don't want to give the impression that that's the norm for all phones, but i was definitely impressed.

Guest hotphil
Its at the UK now .?

Not through any of the networks. It can be bought from a 3rd party supplier who will also supply a contract to a network, but there's no support from the networks for the 220.

Guest ShaneBoyd

The phoen is not the main feature of the phone. While it may have some interesting features like zoom and self portrait, is not definitely not the main feature.

Guest zim_zimmer
The phoen is not the main feature of the phone.  While it may have some interesting features like zoom and self portrait, is not definitely not the main feature.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The phone is not the main feature of the phone?!? I think you mean the camera don't you?!?!!!!

Guest monkeygadge

I have to put my tuppence worth in;

I have use the Mpx220 on Orange for the past month (no it's not available I had to buy from HKong and set it up myself) with Cingular update and it's been absolutely perfect - and the camera is miles better quality than my old E200. One impressive feature of the Mpx220 is that I have dropped it three times and used it constantly and no marks or wear and tear - looks just like it did when I took it out of the box!

;)

Guest zim_zimmer

Can't wait for mine to arrive... taking blooming ages though!! It said on the website that it was next day delivery... my a**!!

To be fair they said they got a new batch in yesterday so they will hopefully be shipping today!

Guest i_oWn_u
Can't wait for mine to arrive... taking blooming ages though!!  It said on the website that it was next day delivery...  my a**!!

To be fair they said they got a new batch in yesterday so they will hopefully be shipping today!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you will be very happy tommorow then ;)

can't put many things on it without a mini sd though

Guest ljames28
Can't wait for mine to arrive... taking blooming ages though!!  It said on the website that it was next day delivery...  my a**!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't happen to buy that from phones2udirect did you ;) I ordered thusday and got it today!

Guest zim_zimmer
Didn't happen to buy that from phones2udirect did you  ;)  I ordered thusday and got it today!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep!! My BLACK MPx220 was ordered from phones2udirect... an amazing price for a SIM FREE MPx220!

Got a phone call from them earlier and also my confirmation email so it will definitely be here by the weekend!!! WOO HOO!!!

How is your phone then mate?? What colour did you get?

Guest ljames28
Yep!!  My BLACK MPx220 was ordered from phones2udirect... an amazing price for a SIM FREE MPx220! 

Got a phone call from them earlier and also my confirmation email so it will definitely be here by the weekend!!!  WOO HOO!!!

How is your phone then mate??  What colour did you get?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Got it in black...well dark red as it is really. I love it the only snags ive found is its so 'pretty' im scared of scratching it, its hard finding just the right ringtones, and the cameras a bit crap compared to other 1.3MP cameras. Other than that i'm loving it, ive got a half gig mini-sd card off ebay so i can watch episodes of family guy and i've got a desk stand so it's always synchronised ;)

Guest zim_zimmer
Got it in black...well dark red as it is really. I love it the only snags ive found is its so 'pretty' im scared of scratching it, its hard finding just the right ringtones, and the cameras a bit crap compared to other 1.3MP cameras. Other than that i'm loving it, ive got a half gig mini-sd card off ebay so i can watch episodes of family guy and i've got a desk stand so it's always synchronised ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have to say I agree with you!!

Don't know what material its made out of but looks like it could scratch reasonably easily? Not bothered though as I won't be getting rid of this phone for a long time!!

Where did you get your desk stand/cradle from mate? and how much??

Don't know if anyone can help but I've tried to run JAVA Games on the MPx220 and it won't have it for some reason? There are JAVA games on the phone already so I can't see why it won't work?

Is it a case of putting the .jar files in the same folder as BILLIARDS/STEPPING STONES??

Or can you download a JAVA MIDLET MANAGER like on the SPV C500/HTC Canary? I downloaded a MIDLET manager but it said it wasn't designed to use on this device (MPx220).

PLEASE HELP!!

Guest Jamma14

@zim_zimmer:

Search for other threads! At the mo java games can only be installed via the net via pie without some serious hacking so maybe you should try hosting your games on a free web account and downloading them from there.

PS: 150th post! Now I'm an "enthusiast!" ;)

Guest zim_zimmer

Yes please LSJAMES!!!

I've got loads of Java games, can't play any of them any more thanks to the idiot idea of not being able to install Java Apps/games by Motorola... well done!!

my email is [email protected]

email me fella and I'll get the Java Games sent over to you. Maybe you can host for the others on here too?