evc++ 4.0 not uploading app to C500

Guest Swampie

Guest Swampie

I'm trying to upload a basic HelloWorld app (autogenerated by evc++) onto my C500. I have Smartphone 2003 SDK installed fine, and can load it into the emulator okay (so it builds fine). However, when I try changing it to SMARTPHNE 2003 device and ARMV4 etc, it builds fine but when trying to download the app to the device as the final step of the build process, I get a box saying: "Starting MS ActiveSync" and then an error box pops up saying "Error: Connection was not created". Build window says:

Downloading files

The Microsoft ActiveSync connection server has failed.

Please make sure Microsoft ActiveSync is running and retry the download by Rebuild All or Update Remote Output File(s).

Also make sure that you have selected the correct platform.

Failed downloading.

ActiveSync is running (I can browse into the phone). I've retried building it etc - and I've selected the correct platform (Smartphone 2003 Device, and Win32 (WCE ARMV4))

If I manually find the file and copy it to the device via browsing to it, app runs as expected. So the problem just lies with the method of provisioning the file onto the device from within evc++. The project is (by default) set to download the file to \Storage\Application Data\Volatile\ - which I can put the file into by hand fine.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

David

Guest Swampie

And before anyone asks - phone is fully app unlocked (using Orange personalised unlock app) and the dev certs are installed, and confirmed to be on the device.

Thanks

David

might sound obvious, but have u tried restarting the phone?

sometimes I have a problem where remote processes cannot talk to the phone properly, a restart and everything works again

I'm also assuming that you've done the "spdps.exe /create" command stuff?

Edited by muff

Guest Swampie
might sound obvious, but have u tried restarting the phone?

sometimes I have a problem where remote processes cannot talk to the phone properly, a restart and everything works again

I'm also assuming that you've done the "spdps.exe /create" command stuff?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

/me looks sheepish....

After reading about it all over the place, I'd discounted it because I thought the SDK install did it, and because I had the certs on the phone (I checked manually using the rapiconfig.exe util). It appears that the "spdps.exe /create" command was issued during the SDK install - but this only does it for the emulator. You need to do a separate one with "spdps.exe /device /create" to do the device one was well.

All is well and working now. Teaches me to assume...

Thanks

D