CityTime Alarms/Timer Beta

Guest kennyg

Guest kennyg

I just put up the beta page for the Pocket PC version of CityTime Alarms. It has all the features of the Smartphone version. Which was developed with a LOT of input from folks at MoDaCo.

It is available here for your beta happiness. As with the Smartphone version, if you add significant bugs or suggestions, you'll get a free copy on release.

http://www.codecity.net/prodctappc_beta.htm

If you have suggestions or bugs, post here or email me at the address below.

Thanks!

Kenny.

kennyg AT purelymobile.com

Guest mavisdavis

Cool Been waiting for this since my C500 which I still use today.

I'll be glad to test it for ya again on a Imate Jam. Nice one Kenny

Guest nickcornaglia

Good One Kenny!

Now that I am Smartphoneless and using an iMate JAM...I'd be happy to try it out!

I hope I have better luck with the PPC version than the Smartphone version!

-Nick

Guest nickcornaglia

When the phone is off...the alarm doesnt go off and I get this error when I turn on the phone, where the alarm time is in red and counting upward like it has past.

Cannot execute \Storage

Card\CodeCity CityTime

Alarms\CityAlarm.exe

But this is only if the program is still running in the background.

When the app is not running minimized, but closed...then you open the app after an alarm SHOULD have gone off....the alarm looks as if it never went off.

When the phone is on...the alarm goes off at the correct time.

=========================

When setting up an individual alarm....I keep trying to set it at "Current Location" but when I re-enter the settings...it has reverted back to Akron,OH

=========================

When I tried to delete the app...even though fully closed, it had a problem deleting Windows\Fonts\ZLCD.TTF

I soft reset the device and I still couldnt delete the file nor CityTimeAlarms from the RemovePrograms program. I was able ro rename the font. Then delete it...then delete the app.

I hope this help you work out some of the bugs.

BTW - I'm using an iMate Jam...with the latest US ROM.

Thanks.

Guest nickcornaglia

As you suggested, I reinstalled the app directly on the PPC and it seems to be working well now. Could you please explain loops? I know it's how many times a sound repeats....

...in the case of timers a beep with 3 loops will beep three times and thats it.

...in the case of alarms a beep with three loops will beep three times and then repeat until snooze or dismiss is hit.

Is that correct?

Also...as a suggestion:

is it possible to configure the action key on the PPC to 1) start/stop the timer and 2) act as a snooze on alarms? This is easier for me to use than the screen, especially when you are just feeling for the button in the dark or in your pocket. Could this be a user defined customization (seperate for alarms and timers) since all of the actions are defined in the menus anyway?

Guest kennyg
As you suggested, I reinstalled the app directly on the PPC and it seems to be working well now. Could you please explain loops? I know it's how many times a sound repeats....

...in the case of timers a beep with 3 loops will beep three times and thats it.

...in the case of alarms a beep with three loops will beep three times and then repeat until snooze or dismiss is hit.

Is that correct?

Also...as a suggestion:

is it possible to configure the action key on the PPC to 1) start/stop the timer and 2) act as a snooze on alarms? This is easier for me to use than the screen, especially when you are just feeling for the button in the dark or in your pocket. Could this be a user defined customization (seperate for alarms and timers) since all of the actions are defined in the menus anyway?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good suggestions, I'll implement them that way, and I'll look into the loops, it should be just the number of times the sound repeats in a single 'alarm sound'. I wanted to call it 'repeat' but thought it would get confused with 'recurring'

Guest nickcornaglia

Everything is still working fine. I didnt hear the alarms this morning but I believe it is because i had my jam with it's speaker facing down...and I just didnt hear my 5am and 6am alarms.

Attached is the whistlealarm I use. What do I need to set loops to for this to go off until I click dismiss or snooze?

Thanks.

whistlealarm.WAV

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kennyg

Just updated CityTime Alarms for the Pocket PC. Can now be registered using your Smartphone version key if you already own one. It will also extend the registration period another 15 days.

New features:

- General cleanup.

- Bug fixes in alarms list display and interaction.

- Current date highlighted in calendar.

I'll be addressing any other items in a followup release. Please, make any requests! Anyone think a "Date Wheel" function would fit? How about showing the day of the week after the date control?

Link is still: http://www.codecity.net/prodctappc_beta.htm

Thanks,

Kenny.

• 7 months later...

hi,

i have just tried this app on my new htc wizard wm5.

the only problem i am having, and its quite a major problem is that the alarm wont trigger when the device is in 'stand by' mode.

will you be making a version fully compatible with wm5 or will i need to look elsewhere. hope not cause this is a fantastic app i have been using since my smartphone.

cheers,

george.

Hey Kenny....

Just wanted to ask if there is any progress in the programm being WM5 compatible.

I wrote you guys several e-mails asking for help, as I am a registered user, but didn't get any answers...

So my question is, is there a possibility to make the wm5 device wake-up from standby mode when the alarm goes off, and how far are you with implementing the change where the real keys turn off and snooze the alarm in stead of the touchscreen?

I've bene using this app since the smartphone age, and would really like to keep using it, as it is great for the smartphone.

Would be really super if you got it to work for WM5.

Please tell me how far the work is, I really don't want to start looking for antoher app, as I really like this one....

Hey Kenny....

Just wanted to ask if there is any progress in the programm being WM5 compatible.

I wrote you guys several e-mails asking for help, as I am a registered user, but didn't get any answers...

So my question is, is there a possibility to make the wm5 device wake-up from standby mode when the alarm goes off, and how far are you with implementing the change where the real keys turn off and snooze the alarm in stead of the touchscreen?

I've bene using this app since the smartphone age, and would really like to keep using it, as it is great for the smartphone.

Would be really super if you got it to work for WM5.

Please tell me how far the work is, I really don't want to start looking for antoher app, as I really like this one....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Smartphone version is WM5 compatible and the version I'm working on now for Pocket PC is also WM5 compatible as well as supporting skins and Windows Media Player sound files. I hope to release soon, need to clean up some items and would like to put out a beta very soon.

WM5 has been a huge problem for us in that the devices are very difference than what our emulators do. I just managed to buy a couple of PPC WM5 devices finally so I can test the issues you are having.

Sorry about the delay in respones as well, I've been having email filter issues, I started using one and after updating it was getting LOTS of rejected/deleted incoming emails.

Kenny.

Guest nickcornaglia

I thought the problem was just me....similar to the problems I've had in the past on earlier devices. I can actually see the alarm going off on my SP5m but no sound coming out.

The Smartphone version is WM5 compatible and the version I'm working on now for Pocket PC is also WM5 compatible as well as supporting skins and Windows Media Player sound files.  I hope to release soon, need to clean up some items and would like to put out a beta very soon.

WM5 has been a huge problem for us in that the devices are very difference than what our emulators do.  I just managed to buy a couple of PPC WM5 devices finally so I can test the issues you are having.

Sorry about the delay in respones as well, I've been having email filter issues, I started using one and after updating it was getting LOTS of rejected/deleted  incoming emails.

Kenny.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Kenny...

Good to hear that..

If you need testing on the HTC Wizard, I would be glad to help you out.

I already had some problems with different alarm types, and found some stuff out.

Maybe it can be of help yto you, it can be found on following sites:

http://www.modaco.com/Alarm_is_alarmingly_...ge-t232992.html

http://www.modaco.com/Alarm_problems_parti...d_-t233066.html

Both items were started by me...

So if you need a hand, I would be glad to help you out..

Greetings...

Hi Kenny,

This is great news--I was hoping this would come back. I was one of the beta testers for the orignal Smartphone version of CityTime Alarms. I think it's a great application and I had used it every day when I had a smartphone. Now that I'm using a PPC, I miss CityTime Alarms. I would be happy to help beta test it for the PPC if you need me to.

Hey Kenny..

Any updates?

Did the topics I mentioned help you a little?

I'm anxious to here what the status is of citytime alarms....

Greetings....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm trying to release a beta of both the pocket pc and smartphone version tonight. I will post when its available.

I'm trying to release a beta of both the pocket pc and smartphone version tonight.  I will post when its available.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okiedokie...

Looking forward to the new beta version...

Hope it'll work on my Vario...

Good luck, and if I can be of help, please do ask....

Guest ZygMalian

Hi Kenny

I am so glad I found this link on Google! Have been keeping a close eye on the CodeCity website for a version of CityTime Alarms for the PocketPC ever since I changed my C500 for and M500. :D

Happy to report it seems to be working fine in the most, except:

When in standby mode, the alarm does go off, but the screen does not turn on, so you can't hit snooze or dismiss, without first turning the device on.

Otherwise - all the functionality seems to be there that was in the smartphone - FANTASTIC! I really missed this app in the last few weeks! :)

Happy to keep testing this for you on the Orange M500.

Zygmunt

And still no word..... :D

Everything ok at the citytime alatms front?

Any updates Kenny??? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Smartphone version is ready, PPC is ALMOST (testing/tweaking now). Will post ASAP.

Kenny.

Smartphone version is ready, PPC is ALMOST (testing/tweaking now).  Will post ASAP.

Kenny.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

New BETA for CityTime Alarms 2.0.0!

Pocket PC version:

http://www.codecity.net/files/beta/CityTimeAlarms.exe

http://www.codecity.net/files/beta/CityTimeAlarms.ARM.CAB

Smartphone version:

http://www.codecity.net/files/beta/CityTimeAlarmsSp.exe

http://www.codecity.net/files/beta/CityTimeAlarmsSp.ARM.CAB

I'll be putting up web pages for them latter today, please just uninstall any version you have now. I've extended the trial to 30 days for the beta, please respond to this thread or me directly (kennyg ATAT codecity.net)

New features include:

- Skins for all PPC screen layouts (VGA, landscape and VGA/landscape).

- Better backlight and display support.

- Better menu key and cursor key navigation.

- PPC version is user skinable, this is NOT yet complete and probably error prone, but if you are interested, let me know.

- Simple Analog clock view, needs work.

- FULL WM5 support for PPC, was already fully supported in Smartphone version.

Issues:

- Not entirely happy with Landscape PPC layout, any suggestions appreciated.

- VGA graphics are not complete as I'm not happy with the layout, ANY suggestions

appeciated.

Thanks!

Kenny.

Guest ZygMalian

Hi Kenny

Just downloaded and tested V2.0 beta on Orange M500. The PDA screen did come on this time, and so was able to select Dismiss or Snooze.

There was one thing I did notice this morning, unlike the smartphone edition, which I can remember rings for about 4 mins before giving up trying to wake you, the PPC version rings for about 1 minute and gives up. Is this related to the length of the sound clip being used?

Also, what does the loops amount actually do. As far as I can see, it is the amount of time the clip is played between each volume increase, but that would not apply for ring notification.

Anyway - overall, looking good! :)

Zygmunt

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.