Unable to Answer Call

Guest craig4wd

Guest craig4wd

I often get the message Unable to Answer Call and I have no idea why. I've got a O2 Xphone and I've tried the O2 Rom, iMate, and Orange ROMS and still get the same problem. It appears to be worse if the keylock is on but it still happens with it off.

Has anyone else had this problem? Know what to do about it?

Guest bradar
I often get the message Unable to Answer Call and I have no idea why.  I've got a O2 Xphone and I've tried the O2 Rom, iMate, and Orange ROMS and still get the same problem.  It appears to be worse if the keylock is on but it still happens with it off.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Know what to do about it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I also get this problem when using the automatic keylock downloaded from this place. So sadly I have to do without it. I use the securitylock instead, with a simple password. I also hade to uninstall the automatic keylock, to get rid of the problem.

Guest James

i also get this maybe 1 in 30 calls i answer.... i have always had the problem (Orginal SPV, E100, E200 and C500)

no idea why it happends!! have learnt to acept it now... (that sounds BAD)

Guest dazzler22
i also get this maybe 1 in 30 calls i answer.... i have always had the problem (Orginal SPV, E100, E200 and C500)

no idea why it happends!! have learnt to acept it now... (that sounds BAD)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep Know the feeling, just kinda figured it is a random bug...

Dazzler

happens to my once in a while too... I was wondering if it's a carrier problem or a phone problem... I THINK when it happens to me it's usually at the tail end of the ringing... I mean, the phone rang for a while, and when I finally try to pick it up I think it's probably at the end of the ringing... Not sure if it's a timing issue of I try to answer it at the same time it goes to voicemail because I waited too long... ?

• 1 month later...
Guest craig4wd

FIXED (I THINK) - UNABLE TO ANSWER CALL

I've reduced the number of contacts in my phone to under 200 (I did have 2000 synced from my database). Since I did this a week ago the dialling seems faster and the I haven't missed a single call.

My theory - the phone plays 'catchup' looking up the incoming caller id in the address book when there's a lot of contacts and can't process the answer call button properly.

I'd like to know how many contacts are in the address books of others who have this problem?

Guest James

Good to hear you sorted it out!

i have about 200-250 that i have always had.... not had a 'Unable to Answer Call' in a while now.

Guest Chiz

I don't have a solution to it but I do get the problem sometimes.

I have around 150 contacts, some with more than one number/email address.

EDIT: Just realised this is not the Typhoon section, sorry but you may appreciate the point made anyway

Edited by Chiz

• 4 weeks later...
Guest extravagant
FIXED (I THINK)  - UNABLE TO ANSWER CALL

I've reduced the number of contacts in my phone to under 200 (I did have 2000 synced from my database).    Since I did this a week ago the dialling seems faster and the I haven't missed a single call.

My theory - the phone plays 'catchup' looking up the incoming caller id in the address book when there's a lot of contacts and can't process the answer call button properly.

I'd like to know how many contacts are in the address books of others who have this problem?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

SOLUTION!!!!

Here it is, it has nothing to do with that, then the phone would be so smart! 8) This is how it goes, there is a bit of lag when the person hangs up and when your phone stops ringing. What happens is, the person hangs up and then u answer, then it says unable to place call. U can try it urself, call ur cell phone, hang up, then answer ur cell phone pretty quickly and u will see it will say unable to place call..

so the solution is simple, pick up ur phone faster or hope people dont hang up as fast

Guest extravagant
I don't have a solution to it but I do get the problem sometimes.

I have around 150 contacts, some with more than one number/email address.

EDIT: Just realised this is not the Typhoon section, sorry but you may appreciate the point made anyway

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

everyone plz read above for the solution, thx 8) 8)

Guest Laser_iCE

Yeah, there is quite a long period of time before the phone actually starts ringing for me ... I often call my phone from my landline if I can't find it :) And it'll start ringing on the landline handset, but then about 2 seconds later, my phone will start ringing, same with hang up time, so yeah, extravagant (wow a lot of a's) is spot on.