Phantom alarms!

Guest mike-oh

Guest mike-oh

I recently came back from Cyprus, to catch the flight i had to set an alarm to get me up at 4am. I also set another one for 4:05.

I've turned these off, tried setting them for other times, tried setting them back to the original time of 4 and 4:05 and switching them off but nothing!! They still go off and it'd driving me MAD!!!! :evil:

Can anyone suggest anything other than a hard reset?

Cheers,

Mike

Guest Twisticles

I've developed this problem too - T-Mobile ROM 1.01. Alarm set for 7am, changed to 8am later on, but still sounds at 7am as well!

Any ideas anyone?

Guest mike-oh

I d/loaded the trial version of sprite backup and backed everything up except appointments.

Then i did a hard reset then restored the backup file from the PC et voila it seems to be fixed now!

• 8 months later...
When you had this problem and you set the alarm to a new time, did it go off at both the old and new times?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry for the bumping of this thread - but my M500's now exhibiting this exact same problem. I set my alarm for say 7:00, 7:15 and 7:30 am on work days and it goes off fine, but then at 10:00, 10:15 and 10:30 I get more alarms going off - this is the time I use for the weekends. So, I end up getting 6 alarms going off each day with 3 of them being completely out of my control :evil:

I'm actually quite shocked at how reliable MS are at releasing "different" versions of their software with the same bug present in each - I've also had this issue with one of my previous smartphones - the E200 I think

Was just about to ask if anyone has found a fix for it when I stumbled upon this thread: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=233066

I've downloaded the mentioned application and with it I was able to see the "phantom" alarms and delete them. I can't say just yet that the problem has been fixed - I'll have to wait until tomorrow now! But fingers crossed eh? ;)

Well, a quick follow up on my post above (for those that are interested!)

Since using the application in the thread I linked to, I have no longer had to suffer the curse of the phantom alarms - thanks go to Maaz for finding the original Dutch article and bringing it to our attention in these forums! ;)