Is my M2000 faulty?

Guest tomintoul

Guest tomintoul

My previous post didn't attract much response, maybe because it's been covered elsewhere and I've missed it :oops: . If so, I apologise for wasting everyone's time (but can you tell me where?)

But if not ...

I explained in my previous post that I can send and receive emails over GPRS, also I can receive attachments, but I can't send an email with any kind of attachment, however small. Orange tell me something different every time I ring.

If anyone can tell me they have no trouble sending emails with attachments using GPRS I'll conclude I have a faulty device, and ask for a replacement.

If others have the same problem, I can try to tackle it from a different direction.

Thanks

Guest Rob.P

This is just a guess (as I haven't recieved my M2000 YET!).

What size SD card do you have in it? Have you got enough space on your device or in your mail box, the assumption I'm going on is that prehaps maybe that there is a shortage of space somewhere and when you send the email it tries to stick a copy in the sent items but can't so fails to send. Teh only other thing I can think of would be what that one CS rep said to you about, as I have had intermittant probs with Orange email, that have cleared without my intervention.

Sorry I can't help ya more

Guest tomintoul

Thanks for the links. I'd found those posts before, I'd searched everywhere in this forum and others before posting my own question.

It doesn't seem to quite fit, though, as since posting I've given this a lot of thought and done a lot of reading, and I recall that in the first week I had the M2000 (in February) I sent 3 or 4 emails with decent-sized attachments with no problems, so the problem has kicked in for some reason since then, and remained ever since.

My first suspicion was that since Orange are giving everyone free Orange world access until 30th April, the network might be overloaded.

Now it occurs to me that the one change I've made to my M2000 since then is installing spb GPRS monitor, which makes me wonder if there's a conflict. I think I'll try closing or even uninstalling spb and see if that makes a difference.

Orange seemed to know nothing about the Microsoft 16kb news, but then ... they didn't seem to know much about anything else either.

Thanks a lot for your reply. If I find removing the GPRS monitor makes a difference, I'll post here again.

Guest WWWeed
Thanks for the links. I'd found those posts before, I'd searched everywhere in this forum and others before posting my own question.

It doesn't seem to quite fit, though, as since posting I've given this a lot of thought and done a lot of reading, and I recall that in the first week I had the M2000 (in February) I sent 3 or 4 emails with decent-sized attachments with no problems, so the problem has kicked in for some reason since then, and remained ever since.

My first suspicion was that since Orange are giving everyone free Orange world access until 30th April, the network might be overloaded.

Now it occurs to me that the one change I've made to my M2000 since then is installing spb GPRS monitor, which makes me wonder if there's a conflict. I think I'll try closing or even uninstalling spb and see if that makes a difference.

Orange seemed to know nothing about the Microsoft 16kb news, but then ... they didn't seem to know much about anything else either.

Thanks a lot for your reply. If I find removing the GPRS monitor makes a difference, I'll post here again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if it connects to the server ok, it Sounds like an authentication proplem (had a simalar proplem with GMail)was all sorted by having SSL on. turn this on by going messages-gmail(or whatever you called your email account, I am NOT using the outlook email) then go to tools-options-accounts-gmail(or whatever ur accont is) enter email address screen should come up, click next 3 times untill you come to server infomation(while ur there make shure thats all set up right) and click options c :twisted: lick next once again and select "outgoing email server requiers authentication" and Require SSL connection

Have Fun!

Guest WWWeed

ok dont worrie about my previous post! I just re read your first post

Theres nothing you can do, Orange have a 100k limit on mms and wouldnt suprise me if they had a simalar thing for GPRS (they told be if it was anymore It would bring the network down)

Guest tomintoul

Thanks for the replies.

I've just tried disabling spb GPRS monitor, and sure enough my email plus attachment flew away to its destination.

I don't know if that's good news or bad news :roll: I'll be able to send attachments now, but won't be able to keep an eye on my data.

Still, hope this info stops someone else from tearing their hair out.