GADGETotW: Dopod 585 - Previewing the C550

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest baileymp

What is the media player performance like whilst using other apps? (often quite jumpy on the C500). There's more ROM isn't there?

Lets say for instance I was using tomtom (probably too much memory usage - okay lets say playing worms world party), and a song came on that I'd like to skip. If I press the "forward" media button will it skip to the next song in the background or will it try to open the media player screen?

Guest roma0803
A certain large shop here in holland ( media martkt ) sell dopod phones and will have this version shortly ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you sure? Great. I might like this one better then my MPx220. I think I prefer the candybar phone above the flipphone. Let's see what price I can get for my MPx... :roll:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest spider

QVGA question: What is the difference between the QVGA screen and the screen nowadays? Is the amount of colors or resolution or?? or even size? I thought that Windows said something about the size of the screen was "fixed" for smartphones...but maybe I have misunderstood something.. AND does it mean that non of the current app. can run on a QVGA screen?

Guest Pondrew
QVGA question: What is the difference between the QVGA screen and the screen nowadays? Is the amount of colors or resolution or?? or even size? I thought that Windows said something about the size of the screen was "fixed" for smartphones...but maybe I have misunderstood something.. AND does it mean that non of the current app. can run on a QVGA screen?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See this thread: Click Me

The difference is a higher resolution...

Guest spider
See this thread: Click Me

The difference is a higher resolution...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks a million Pondrew....but...does it mean that the screen size will be smaller, but the resolution will be bigger (smaller pixel size) or does it simply mean that the physical screen size is still the same but the resolution will be better since there will be more but smaller pixels? Very sorry for asking stupid, but I did not really understand the thread you refered to .....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Xenzo1990

Dude, what OS is that, or is that edited image :?: Im confused, i might have missed sumut big, but what Version of Win Mobile is that :?:

;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Pondrew
Dude, what OS is that, or is that edited imageĀ  :?: Im confused, i might have missed sumut big, but what Version of Win Mobile is thatĀ  :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's an edited image showing Windows Mobile Second Edition for Pocket PC imposed on a Smartphone.

Guest Xenzo1990

What do you think the 'next best thing' will be? Im thinking about getting the c550 for the QVGA screen. Im also thinking about waiting for the i300, but IMO it looks ugly.

Yeah, I think quite a few people will hold off on the C550, waiting for the next big thing.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Nachohat

Paul, How is the audio quality on the Dopod 585? Have you noticed that tsss sound or crackling bug that some people have mentioned with the 565?

Also how long is the bootup time? Does it still take 1 minute or more? I would asume so if its the same hardware as the previous versions.

Thanks