Guest Kingherc

Guest Kingherc

index.php?automodule=downloads&req=display&code=sst&id=672
File Name: Pocket SnapIt

File Submitter: Kingherc

File Submitted: 29 Apr 2005

File Updated: 31 Jan 2007

File Category: Tools - Productivity

I focused for some time on creating a new free program for .NET Compact Framework devices. This program is intended for taking screenshots. It's name is Pocket SnapIt and its source is also available.

Some of its function are:

* Full-screen screenshots or screenshots of a fixed region.

* Consecutive screenshots (you can define the time interval).

* Automatically stores the screenshots in .bmp uncompressed format in the directory you define and with the prefix you define.

* Features system sounds to make capturing easier.

* When the program is initiated, it 'listens' for the defined capture key. When you press the key, you can either take a single screenshot or initiate/stop the capture process for consecutive screenshots.

* Developers can execute the program with some command arguments so that the program takes automatically a screenshot and save it.

In addition, Pocket SnapIt is also intended to help developers for .NetCF development. It contains useful classes such as File Explorer, API calls etc. Finally, it's an example of cross-platform programs. It customizes itself automatically for different platforms (PCs, Pocket PCs 2003, Smartphones 2003, in one executable file).

Requirements: One of the following platforms supporting Microsoft's .NET Compact Framework:

- Windows Mobile 2003 (Smartphones and Pocket PCs)

- PCs with Windows. Microsoft .NET (Compact) Framework.

More information as well as downloads at http://kherc.brinkster.net/.

Download details:

The download that follows is the Smartphone setup .cab file. Automatic setups for other devices (ppc, pc) can be found on the website. There you can also find the "Universal" package (contains the vb.net source and the executable and can be installed manually on any device).

Click here to download this file

Guest danman_dk

Hey Kingherc!

Cool tool, düd!

One of the reasons I d/l'd it was to take a screenshot of my home page for MoDaCo! However, at the homescreen, when pressing the 'capture key', I get a screenshot of me dailing a '#' :roll:

See attached...

post-126216-1115123812_thumb.jpg

a) how to avoid this?

;) how to change 'capture key'?

Guest Kingherc

Yes I got what you mean. The program doesn't stop the key from making its job, so it's natural that it dials a # on the homescreen. If you've got to get a screenshot of the home page, i suggest using a key like: left (from joystick).

To change the capture button, get in the program. Go to Menu > Options > Menu > Options > Capture Options. Then go to Menu > Select Capture Button...

After clicking the info messagebox, you must click the key you want to use. Upon clicking it, the number in the textbox will change to the value of the key you press. So for left, I think it should show 37.

Now, get back to the main screen, press Start. Assuming you left the other options to their defaults, when you now press left you should get a screenshot. So, go to the homescreen and press left.

Of course, because you need to use the left button, you should then go back to SnapIt and press Stop. If you do not know how to go back to snapit, you can reshow it by pressing the capture key (left) for 2 seconds.

Hope I've helped.

Short help messages can be found in the program by clicking Menu > Help. They may be of some use.

Guest danman_dk

Great support time ;)

Funny! The smaller, 'free'er the software - the quicker the support!

Success:

post-126216-1115126824_thumb.jpg

Don't worry. I looked through the help file first, but could not get where I wanted.

...didn't realize there was more Options under the Options. Just as a comment then, I'd question the usability of this. Maybe the expanded menu can be on the first options button?

Keep up the great work : )

• 5 months later...
Guest bobby_uk

hi King,

i have spv c 500 and i have even downloaded ur program but dont know to install it as see 6 files and no exe file can you please guide me in installation process... I can see one xml file and rest 5 are only file as extension....

regards

Bob

Edited by bobby_uk

Guest Disco Stu

You have unpacked the cab file.

Simply copy this unpacked file you downloaded to the phone - \Storage \Windows \Start Menu - and click on it in the Programs menu. It will then install itself.

You have unpacked the cab file.

Simply copy this unpacked file you downloaded to the phone - \Storage \Windows \Start Menu - and click on it in the Programs menu. It will then install itself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi all,

I've tried to install the cab in the usual way, putting it in the start menu folder and then clicking on it from the programs menu as well as from the file explorer, but no luck; nothing happens at all. I've had no problems installing other cabs. The phone is a Qtek 8020 with 2003SE.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks,

E

• 2 weeks later...
Guest roma0803
Works fine on my c550.  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. Installed it and it works fine indeed on WM5.

Thanks Kingherc for this fine software.

Edited by roma0803

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.