does anybody else's mpx220 shut off randomly?

Guest cheez80

Guest cheez80

sometimes, after flipping open the phone and checking for messages and then closing it, my phone will shut itself off. it always happens when i close the clamshell, though, and it hasn't happened when i have the phone open. does anybody know why the phone does this, or, alternatively, have a solution to this problem?

TIA,

charles

Guest thap143

You are not alone... Mine does it too, read from another forum that it has to do something with the battery contacts not pushed up properly... So i inserted a small piece of paper towards the right end of the battery and my phone hasnt restarted in 2 days... Lets hope it stays the same way

sometimes, after flipping open the phone and checking for messages and then closing it, my phone will shut itself off.  it always happens when i close the clamshell, though, and it hasn't happened when i have the phone open.  does anybody know why the phone does this, or, alternatively, have a solution to this problem?

TIA,

charles

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest cheez80
You are not alone... Mine does it too, read from another forum that it has to do something with the battery contacts not pushed up properly... So i inserted a small piece of paper towards the right end of the battery and my phone hasnt restarted in 2 days... Lets hope it stays the same way

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ooo, thanks

are you aware, or is anybody else aware, of a more permanent fix?

Guest i_oWn_u

mine has only done it once out of my whole year with this phone.

i wonder why it did it

unsolved mysterys.........

Edited by i_oWn_u

Guest optikalsaint
sometimes, after flipping open the phone and checking for messages and then closing it, my phone will shut itself off.  it always happens when i close the clamshell, though, and it hasn't happened when i have the phone open.  does anybody know why the phone does this, or, alternatively, have a solution to this problem?

TIA,

charles

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my phone just started doing this and i think i figured out why. leaving the phone attached to the usd cable on your computer for long periods of times seems to cause this.

when you have the phone on a regular charger it preforms a 'trickle' charge, causing the phone to charge slowly. when connected to car charger or the usb cable it preforms a hot charge forcing energy into the battery faster then its suppose to causing it to charge faster. this seems to cause the phone to do strange things such as turn off randomly, lag when answering calls, slowing the system down, etc.

leaving the phone on a car charger or usb cable for long periods of time is not a good idea and should be removed when the battery full screen pops up. hopefully this information helps. if the problem presist after taking these steps you might have to backup your data and do a master reset since some main system files might become a bit corrupt.

-opti-

Guest bd2000

:?: dunno about that mate, i never use the usb cable to charge my phone or a car charger only the mains charger and it still does it to me ;)

my phone just started doing this and i think i figured out why. leaving the phone attached to the usd cable on your computer for long periods of times seems to cause this.

when you have the phone on a regular charger it preforms a 'trickle' charge, causing the phone to charge slowly. when connected to car charger or the usb cable it preforms a hot charge forcing energy into the battery faster then its suppose to causing it to charge faster. this seems to cause the phone to do strange things such as turn off randomly, lag when answering calls, slowing the system down, etc.

leaving the phone on a car charger or usb cable for long periods of time is not a good idea and should be removed when the battery full screen pops up. hopefully this information helps. if the problem presist after taking these steps you might have to backup your data and do a master reset since some main system files might become a bit corrupt.

-opti-

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest cheez80
:?: dunno about that mate, i never use the usb cable to charge my phone or a car charger only the mains charger and it still does it to me  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha, i never use my usb cable, either, unless i'm syncing numbers or something.

but thap's idea of "insert[ing] a small piece of paper towards the right end of the battery" has been working for me so far. i just stuck a bit of paper at the bottom of the battery, on the end opposite of the contacts.

oh well.

let's hope it stays ok =P

Guest thap143

Mine hasnt restarted in over 2 weeks now(Touch wood!!!) And i havent removed the paper out, so to me thats the easy fix... But i did contact moto with this problem and they suggested me to send the phone to them and they will send me a replacement. I didnt go for it...( Turn in my new phone and get a Refurb, Hell NO)... If anyone else finds a solution better than the paper please post...

haha, i never use my usb cable, either, unless i'm syncing numbers or something.

but thap's idea of "insert[ing] a small piece of paper towards the right end of the battery" has been working for me so far.  i just stuck a bit of paper at the bottom of the battery, on the end opposite of the contacts.

oh well.

let's hope it stays ok =P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>