bluetooth stereo headphones

Guest pedd

Guest pedd

Firstly, apologies if this has been covered in more depth elsewhere, but I've had a pretty thorough search and have found nothing conclusive:

I'm using an Orange SPV M2000 and I hate wires. Expansys have a few sterero headsets in stock which may or may not be compatible with the M2000, the anycom, the HP ipaq, the bluewalker...

Is there anyone out there who has bought one of these things and got them working to a satisfactory level?

Guest fraser

I did read a review/discussion about one of the stereo ones on this site. You might need to search/dig around a little to find it, but it's there somewhere.

Guest pedd

I did find that thread, thanks, but it doesn't seem to resolve anything.

There are 3 or 4 headsets out there that don't require a dongle to plug directly into the headphone socket. But expansys aren't able to assure me that they will will work with the M2000. I have neither the patience or the time to try and get a straight answer out of Orange on this one.

I was just wondering if anybody had actually got this sort of set up working, and what sound quality you could get from them. I've read one guy complaining that the HP headphones are unlistenable if they get more than 2 feet from his ipaq.

Thanks for replying anyway guys, I'll keep looking.

Guest fraser

Post back if you find a decent pair that work. I gave up on the idea myself because a) the bulk (like Disco Stu) and ;) the fact they didn't have microphones. You'd need to switch headphones to answer a call. Completely stupid!!

I'm now considering sewing in the wired ones into a jacket or two. Have it pop out in the pocket, and store the buds in an inside pocket. Mostly to stop the tangle that is really annoying me now!

Guest pedd

This Anycom one has a mic. But it's not out yet - and I'd have to be sure I wasn't walking round looking like someone in a call centre.

...Of course the real frustration is that these things never make it to the shops so you can't try them, or even look at them first.

Guest fraser
This Anycom one has a mic.  But it's not out yet - and I'd have to be sure I wasn't walking round looking like someone in a call centre.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

;)

I'm also thinking that it may be overkill. It's like the Rune Goldberg cartoons, where you have an incredibly complex system to do something basic. Kinda like having an old bell ringer ringtone on a PDA! ;) Think of the engineering that went in, just to replace a metal dome and a hammer!

• 3 months later...