C500s now shipping with WMP 10

Guest scottishdave

Guest n2700177
There's still nothing on the Orange UK website, other than the 4.1.1.4 update.

I have e-mailed Orange a couple of times, but as yet they haven't bothered to reply.  :x

Next stop for me is imei-check to unlock my handset, then I'm off to orange.fr for ROM update 4.2.2.1

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I haven't received any reply either....

I have unlocked my c500 3 months ago, I have the french rom but I haven't installed it..... just because the UK rom is IMMINENT!

Guest JamieDow

Got me a C500 on thursday sadly WMP 9 - got it replaced today because it had a dead pixel from the start and wahey - manufactured date 15 march 2005 and WMP 10! ;)

Guest hecatae
Got me a C500 on thursday sadly WMP 9 - got it replaced today because it had a dead pixel from the start and wahey - manufactured date 15 march 2005 and WMP 10! ;)

so under About in Settings it says:

Guest PayableOnDeath

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ohh nice

maybe you would be nice and back up your rom and s..... oh wait MoDaCo prob wont allow this as it maybe illegal ;)

prob best not ask for a back up of it then :cry:

/me looks at orange site over and over again must be on there somwhere

Guest VR6Pete

I received my new SPV C500 after my power button broke. oddly enough it was a Silver SPV! but no new rom, infact it was the original rom that shipped with the phone, im holding out for the new ROM!!

Guest martinwilliams999
There's still nothing on the Orange UK website, other than the 4.1.1.4 update.

I have e-mailed Orange a couple of times, but as yet they haven't bothered to reply.  :x

Next stop for me is imei-check to unlock my handset, then I'm off to orange.fr for ROM update 4.2.2.1

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Orange finally replied to my update query today.

They assured me that the newest update was available from orange.co.uk and provided me with a link to the relevant section of the site.

What do you suppose I found there?

You guessed it, bl**dy update 4.1.1.4 :x

I'm effing furious at their incompitence, and total lack of customer support.

Guest Confucious

No one who supposedly has WMP10 on their UK C500 has replied to say what version ROM they have - I am beginning to wonder if it is a wind up as their is no sign of an updated UK ROM.

If someone with one of these "new" phones would kindly tell us the ROM number we could investigate further.

• 1 month later...
Guest usdiver

Just to let everyone know I've personally spoken to an orange rep, when I rang them for another reason...but they did tell me the new update would be released but didn't know when. Also said it COULD be due to the fact that they want to make sure there are no bugs in it (testing the new ones), before releasing the update to everyone else... Funny thing is, HTC, the manufacturer has told me also that they too have the new update, and it can be done onto your phone, for the price of £35.00. I think the whole thing is totally out of order... why is it one says they MAY be making sure there are no bugs, then another has it readily available for £35.00... I figure there are no bugs or they wouldn't be selling it. The only other alternative is that say you have a legitamate warranty claim or problem, then they will flash it for free, from what I understand. But to just send it in for the purpose of getting the new update will cost you. Anyway, hope this has helped clear lots of minds. We are at the mercy of orange. But I'm personally FED up with waiting. Certainly NOT going to buy the c550 either to get it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.