SPV C550

Guest JonnyBennett

Guest spacerace
Hi DS Will c550 have MS 2005?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think there is a definitive answer to this yet. It's very possible, especially since the original availability dates that were being mentioned are slipping away. But then they always do anyway !

Guest spacerace
I thought the definitive answer was "No it will have WM2003 SE" according to Paul's poll.

;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sorry, must have missed that one.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]
Well I've gone back to 2.5G because it lets you receive calls and email/wap is quicker. And that's in a major city.

No probs with Orange 3G on my 6630, lovin' the high speed browsing and a nice (if bulky) compliment to my MDA Compact. Wondering if i can get the 6630 to act as a BT modem for the PPC ;p

Guest SJamG

Hey Guys...

Got an Update 4 U!

I have a friend that works within Orange and I asked him about the SPV C550.....will not be available until the end of NEXT MONTH!!! (31/06/05) as they usually get the specs and datasheets on the phone and features 1 month in advance and no earlier (as they have to be trained on the phone)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :cry:

Looks like we will just have to wait.

SJG

Guest Disco Stu
Hey Guys...

Got an Update 4 U!

I have a friend that works within Orange and I asked him about the SPV C550.....will not be available until the end of NEXT MONTH!!! (31/06/05) as they usually get the specs and datasheets on the phone and features 1 month in advance and no earlier (as they have to be trained on the phone)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news  :cry:

Looks like we will just have to wait.

SJG

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If it comes out on 31/06/05 I will buy every MoDaCo member one ! ;)

Guest Confucious
If it comes out on 31/06/05 I will buy every MoDaCo member one !  ;)

Didn't you know this is a super leap year Stu? They've added an extra day at the end of June just to release the C550 ;)

Guest spacerace
If it comes out on 31/06/05 I will buy every MoDaCo member one !  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ouch ! now that's a brave man.

Guest chrisbpr

can you ask your friend if the m500 ( imate jam )is ever going to come out on orange..& if not orange are going to miss the boat big time & everyone is going to bugger off to t-mobile

Guest Jon_

Sent off a email to orange customer services (via their web thingy) asking what date was the new Orange SPV C550 going to be released, and I was sent this reply

Dear Jon

Thank you for your mail.

Thank you for your email about the SPV C550

Unfortunately this model is currently not available on Orange, however we are constantly extending our range of phones and the following phones are at present under review.

Nokia  6822 6680 6230i

Motorola V171

Sony Ericsson  K750i

PalmOne Treo 650

Sagem myC3

LG F2400

For more information please visit the Orange Shop online for regularly updated news on all new products and services available on Orange.  Click here for a direct link to the website:

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/handsets/all/all/all

Kind regards

Orange Customer Services

Guest chrisbpr
Sent off a email to orange customer services (via their web thingy) asking what date was the new Orange SPV C550 going to be released, and I was sent this reply

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think this sums orange up really..well come october when my contract is up i'm porting my number to a service provider that my listen to its customers & supply them with handsets they really want.tell that to orange cs ;) :evil:

Guest Confucious

Stunning isn't it?

;)

Guest Confucious
i think this sums orange up really..well come october when my contract is up i'm porting my number to a service provider that my listen to its customers & supply them with handsets they really want.tell that to orange cs ;)  :evil:

If you find that provider let us know who it is. AFAIK all the UK providers have major faults and Orange probably less so than most - sad isn't it!

Guest Jon_

I was just shocked by the fact i expressed a specific intrest in a specific product, and all I got back was "Unfortunately this model is currently not available on Orange"!!Surly they woudl have some rough idea of a release date, im sure their buying department ha made the orders for them by now...

Guest Confucious

I haven't been with Orange long (only since Aug) but from what I've read on here it doesn't suprise me at all.

Sad, but tue.

Guest spacerace
I was just shocked by the fact i expressed a specific intrest in a specific product, and all I got back was "Unfortunately this model is currently not available on Orange"!!Surly they woudl have some rough idea of a release date, im sure their buying department ha made the orders for them by now...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you'd be extremely lucky to get an accurate answer to a standard CS email address regarding a pre-release product.

Guest morpheus2702

Surely that is just the response of an OCS bod that is saying 'I haven't got a bastard clue what you are talking about. If it's not Nokia, don't ask me? The average bod at Orange has never had a clue about Smartphones!