Pending Upgrade Notice

Guest BigB62

Guest BigB62

I received an upgrade notice in my email today. It contained a link to a marketing company's web site, it appears to be collecting info for Cingular and Motorola. They claim that once the upgrade is available the people who pre-register will be notified. They require your IMEI number and e-mail address. Here is the link:

MPx220 Upgrade Registration

Best regards,

BigB62

Guest laskuh
Didn't let me submit, says im not part of the "pre-registrant group".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you had to sign up before and you have to be using the same email address that you used to sign up for notifications.

Guest Paraklas
you had to sign up before and you have to be using the same email address that you used to sign up for notifications

Can you also provide us the URL for notification signup?

Thanks in advance

Guest dchester
it says my IMEI is wrong and its not.......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't include the dashes when you enter in the IMEI.

Guest MadSci
Don't include the dashes when you enter in the IMEI.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hate to sound like a completet noob, but where exactly do you get the IMEI off your ohone?

Guest laskuh
I hate to sound like a completet noob, but where exactly do you get the IMEI off your ohone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

its behind the battery. theres a series of #s you can press to get it, but i cant recall them right off the top of my head.

anyone?

Guest dchester
its behind the battery. theres a series of #s you can press to get it, but i cant recall them right off the top of my head.

anyone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dial: *#06#

Guest thap143

Moto is collecting the information through mail for CINGULAR branded phones or atleast the phones that CINGULAR gave them the IMEI for... So if you are using Cingular service and it says you are not in the preregistrant group call CS and verify your IMEI in your account (It shouldnt match) Update your IMEI and after 24hrs(thats what people said it took) you can enter your details and be part of the Pre-Registrants group and Feel Special ;)/

it says my IMEI is wrong and its not.......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest optikalsaint

woohoo! good news on the cingular front.

about 2 months ago i put in a warranty claim on my mpx220. the buttons were scratching the screen leaving some pretty nasty looking scratches (very v600'ish). I was especially cheesed at the fact that I only had the phone for a month and a half before that started and i had to buy the phone at full retail since im on a special agent plan (i work for cingular).

after i put my claim in i was told the phone would be sent out once they finished updating the ROM to fix the speaker problem that users were complaining about. Last night I got a notice in my mailbox telling me the phone was sent out via 2-day air mail. since it was a friday i should have the phone by monday or tuesday.

hopefully the phone will have the new ROM on it... as well as no scratches on the screen ;). if it does have the new ROM that can only mean a update is only a bit away. also if it does have the new ROM ill be sure to take some pictures and post them here ;)

-opti-

Guest cortez

man, i hope you're correct and you receive a replacement device with the updated ROM!!! i recall reading on howardforums or mobilegadgetnews, where one person got a replacement device from Moto (last week or so), but it had the 1.30 ROM. that would be a bummer!!!

Edited by cortez

Guest ghandlin
woohoo! good news on the cingular front.

about 2 months ago i put in a warranty claim on my mpx220. the buttons were scratching the screen leaving some pretty nasty looking scratches (very v600'ish). I was especially cheesed at the fact that I only had the phone for a month and a half before that started and i had to buy the phone at full retail since im on a special agent plan (i work for cingular).

after i put my claim in i was told the phone would be sent out once they finished updating the ROM to fix the speaker problem that users were complaining about. Last night I got a notice in my mailbox telling me the phone was sent out via 2-day air mail. since it was a friday i should have the phone by monday or tuesday.

hopefully the phone will have the new ROM on it... as well as no scratches on the screen ;). if it does have the new ROM that can only mean a update is only a bit away. also if it does have the new ROM ill be sure to take some pictures and post them here ;)

-opti-

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've got a claim in for *another* new phone. This will be my 4th device. Rather disappointing. The phone just occassionally turns off for no apparent reason. I've got the battery jacked up with a slice of a business card, but it still does it. The last time it did it, I couldn't get it to power back up for about 45 minutes. Very strange indeed. My wife is experiencing the same problem with her phone. The last person I talked with I said that if the ()*&$# thing wasn't so expensive I'da thrown it out the window.

Guest optikalsaint
I've got a claim in for *another* new phone.  This will be my 4th device.  Rather disappointing.  The phone just occassionally turns off for no apparent reason.  I've got the battery jacked up with a slice of a business card, but it still does it.  The last time it did it, I couldn't get it to power back up for about 45 minutes.  Very strange indeed.  My wife is experiencing the same problem with her phone.  The last person I talked with I said that if the ()*&$# thing wasn't so expensive I'da thrown it out the window.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well i just got my new phone today. bad news there was no new software on it ;)

the good news is non of the paint was worn off like on my phone and there was no scratches on the screen! ;)

i heard theres a new cingular rom out that you can download from howard forums. havent heard many good things about it but i might just give it a go.

-opti-

p.s. - i forgot to mention the new phone came locked which is REALLY annoying since my last one was unlocked :P