Forum re-org underway

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

I am currently re-organising the forum areas to try an experimental new layout.

I will post here when the re-org is complete, so please bear with me while I make the changes ;)

P

Edit: Reorg complete... I want to hear YOUR opinions!

The forum is now organised by platform, and you can 'collapse' the platforms you are not interested in!

Guest Confucious
I am currently re-organising the forum areas to try an experimental new layout.

I will post here when the re-org is complete, so please bear with me while I make the changes ;)

P

ooo-er..... :exclaim:

Guest Confucious

no, it's getting better with all the Smartphone specific forums grouped together and all the PPC grouped together - If only the Device Specific forums were also split (hint, hint) ;)

[Edit]I must have mist it before - I'ts now looking great ;) [/Edit]

Edited by Confucious

Guest Jamma14

Yer much better. ;)

EDIT: I like that it saves your settings for the forums you can collapse.

Other Windows Phone is never getting opened again. ;)

Edited by Jamma14

Guest chucky.egg

It's good!

But... what would be really nice would be to "opt in/out" of forums, so that when I do a search, or look for new posts, I can choose not to see PocketPC results.

Google do a thing where they trim general results that look like the same thing (not sure what the formula is because I've never really bothered with it) so you can expand the search easily if you want to, but by default you get a slimmed down list of hits.

Guest Paul [MVP]

You can select which forums you search by shift or ctrl clicking in the list in the search box!

Can you can hide the PPC area if you wish by clicking the '-' next to it ;)

P

Guest nickcornaglia

I dont know if I was just used to the ORIGINAL Modaco forums. But the the last layout was soooo hard for me to navigate thru. This is MUCH MUCH better.

:arrow: I like it alot! :arrowl:

Guest nickcornaglia

Hey! Not to go off-topic but I distinctly remember (after DiscoStu pointed it out) having 3030 posts! Did the new forums organization remove some posts somehow?

Guest Paul [MVP]

I'm just this minute running a post count re-sync, the count gets out of sync with deleted posts etc. etc., so it needs to be manually synced every so often ;)

P

Guest floepie

I do like it much better. There is still a lot of ambiguity between the 'help and advice' board and the device specific boards - to me at least. Quite often, I'm not sure whether people know in which board to post. I also think the Smartphone Main forum isn't all that "main". It's more of a general area for posts that don't quite fit into the above 2 areas, isn't it?

Edited by floepie

Guest nedge2k

Nice one Paul ;)

Im sure i wasnt the only one spending less time here after the last re-vamp....just couldnt get settled with the way things were. This is much better now...more...old skool ;)

Guest scottishdave

I give it a big thumbs up!

8/10 and a big shiney gold star!

Without being patronizing it's a good improvement.

Guest Paul [MVP]

You'll be pleased to here Fozzie that my custom IPB mod to support mobile devices was completed and uploaded at the weekend... hurrah!

When you visit from a Pocket PC / Smartphone, you are now being served a custom skin.

All that remains for me to do is to tweak the skin to look right on mobile devices (will do this as soon as I can), and we're cookin' with gas ;)

On a Plus note, I plan to make my IPB Mobility mod generally available, so other IPB sites can take advantage of it.

P

Guest Alex_le_brit
Like it very much. Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like it a lot too, full marks. Just one thing maybe (I hate to be quibbling). Is it at all possible for the

"View New Posts" function to display in the same way as the forum? So it grouped the new items by platform, that would be even better.

But it's great as it is - thanks.

Guest awarner [MVP]
Hey! Not to go off-topic but I distinctly remember (after DiscoStu pointed it out) having 3030 posts! Did the new forums organization remove some posts somehow?

You only lost a few, I lost over 300 :shock:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.