Anyone know how to get orange to give you.........

Guest Eriktheviking

Guest Eriktheviking

Anyone know how to get orange to give you an early upgrade? my contract runs out on the 13 of next month but want a m2000 now!! and i really dont think i can wait. as far as i know you have to pay an upgrade fee. any chance i can ring em and ask for my pac code?

Guest bronksy
Anyone know how to get orange to give you an early upgrade? my contract runs out on the 13 of next month but want a m2000 now!! and i really dont think i can wait. as far as i know you have to pay an upgrade fee. any chance i can ring em and ask for my pac code?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not if you're in contract. You will have to wait, or beg them to let you do an early one.. depends on your spend and what 'tier' you're on. I was only 4 months into a contract and had a 100quid upgrade fee and 250 for the phone. I just sold my C500 on ebay for 100 quid so thats the upgrade fee cancelled out.

Annoyingly I was offered an M200 when I upgraded to the C500 for free. :twisted:

Guest Loukas
Anyone know how to get orange to give you an early upgrade?

Check this out

and let us know how it goes! ;) I'm probably going to be using it soon as well, if I don't get the Jam earlier through a new contract ...

L

Guest bronksy

Usually the 'I'm going to leave trick' works quite well.. still depends on how valued you are (what scored they give you)

Either way, if you're in contract you have less chance of this. They will make you sit it out if you are under 6 months into it, no matter what you spend. If you want out early then they will tell you that you have to pay the rest of your contract (in some cases it may still be cheaper to do this and STILL join a competitors network/buy a new phone!)

Guest fraser
Usually the 'I'm going to leave trick' works quite well.. still depends on how valued you are

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And whether they believe you will actually leave. After folk worked out how this worked, they had to change the tatics as everyone would say "ok, I'm leaving". In my experience, you need to go so far as to pretty much get the PAC number.

Guest Eriktheviking

im not all that bothered. ive only got 4 weeks to wait, but i just hoped there would be a way of gettin my grubbs mits on a m2000 this week.

The very nice lady at orange premier said ring next week when you contract has less than 30 days to run and the upgrade fee may have gone off your account.

And most of you are right, the imleaving trick doesnt work, in fact, to get the phone i wanted for cheaper last year was to cancell my contract and get another with orange, i got the p900 for £100 less than if i was to upgrade.

Guest fraser
of course you could just actually leave!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I personally wanted the two batteries that Orange had, they are usually expensive to buy as extras. Glad I did, I can zap the batt in a few hours of heavy WiFi usage. Didn't tell upgrades this of course! ;)

And most of you are right, the imleaving trick doesnt work, in fact, to get the phone i wanted for cheaper last year was to cancell my contract and get another with orange, i got the p900 for £100 less than if i was to upgrade.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Has anyone tried mention something along the lines of "your TV commercials say you look out for existing customers first"? To me, that's false advertising. Perhaps a threat to write to the ad-standards people might give 'em a little kick up the ass.