Dead S100?

Guest embraser

Guest embraser

I really need help on this guys, so please tell me what to do.

I tryed to install a Rom update I got from armadillo on my s100 and it apears that it erased everything I had on it.It does'nt even turn on, the only thing that appears on the screen are:

USB

v1.00

What did I do to it?

What do I do now?

Pleeeeeassseeeeeeeeee help me.......... ;)

Guest bamsemodaco
I really need help on this guys, so please tell me what to do.

I tryed to install a Rom update I got from armadillo on my s100 and it apears that it erased everything I had on it.It does'nt even turn on, the only thing that appears on the screen are:

USB

v1.00

What did I do to it?

What do I do now?

Pleeeeeassseeeeeeeeee help me.......... ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Connect the device to your computer and run the upgrade again. A friend of mine got the same problem while upgrading his Qtek with the official ROM upgrade from www.qtek.se. The upgrader will be able to communicate with the device even if ActiveSync can not.

Guest Ghost_1

Don't worry too much. Just try the upgrade again. I had the same problem just try to upgrade the phone again. I've upgraded twice now. I have a feeling this isn't to uncommon.

Guest MitchellO

Its a tad scary when it happens, but it is easily fixed in most cases. They really need to explain such steps before the ROM update, just in case.

AND DISABLE USB IN ACTIVESYNC!!!!!

Guest embraser

Thanks for the help, but the problem is that every rom update that i now try to install says:

model error.

where can I find the correct one for the S100?

Guest embraser
If you're looking for the correct official release, then surely you need to get it from QTek's website ?!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've been on the website and I can't find any ROM for download.

Guest embraser

I need someone to please give me a step by step on everything I need to do because I'm really getting confused and frustrated because nothing works.

Guest jfran

if you have a qtek device, you need to obtain the qtek rom and you shouldnt have any problems. Otherwise you can follow the instructions I posted in the imate rom thread

rgds

jim

Guest MitchellO

Should be. You want the one that has WWE in the file name (stands for Word Wide English). It should fix the problem. I'm sure you'd prefer to go back to 1.06 than have no device at all ;)

Guest embraser

Finally some progress.

I used the

MA_Qtek(BrPt)_10600_116_10500_SHIP.exe

file and it did something in 2 stages, some radio upgrade and then something else, but nothing else.

Now what?

Guest MitchellO

Might I also suggest you close EVERYTHING you have open. You should not be doing anything else while performing a ROM update, as any of that could disrupt the connection.