Just upgraded to Cingular 1.39 from 1.25

Guest Paraklas

Guest huntman69
Yeah, you will need to trick the update utility after it scans your phone, but before it checks online for updated firmware. --Thanks to those who figured this out on all the previous posts I have read on here. =)

Use the attached Cingular systemInfo.xml and drop it into C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Temp\MPx220 System Update Wizard\* directory when you are prompted that it will now check for the update online.

--The actual temp directory may vary depending on OS and settings, but this works for me. -- Good luck!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I found a NEW file from Moto : "Motorola_Mobile_Upgrade_Wizard_V1.8.5_setup.exe" , is it good too ?

Do I have to do a backup for all of my applic. and then restore ?

Will it "do" something wrong to the new OS.

Thank You

Guest Paraklas
I found a NEW file from Moto : "Motorola_Mobile_Upgrade_Wizard_V1.8.5_setup.exe" , is it good too ?

Do I have to do a backup for all of my applic. and then restore ?

Will it "do" something wrong to the new OS.

Thank You

1. That is the offline updater, in order to use it, you have to have the ROM files on your local computer.

2. Yes, you have to backup everything unless you don't really need all the extra applications/games/ringtones/etc you installed after you bought the phone ;)

Guest ThaMATRiX
Oh well.. at least I can program up to 20 names/numbers for verbal commands with the handsfree device. Seems to work well so far.. when paired. Can also verbally dial the digits. More importantly, I can hear the phone ring while on the road (stereo gets muted) and answer. =)

I'll find out later tonight if how the update affects things for the partnerships.

Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what do you mean you can program 20 names/numbers for verbal commands? how?

Guest frogger90
what do you mean you can program 20 names/numbers for verbal commands? how?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As a nice feature of the ihf1000, I can verbally train the device to use 20 names/numbers of my choosing. This is independent of the phone and actually just sends the digits to the phone to dial via bluetooth.

The only other way to verbally dial with the handsfree is to spell out the numbers... "voicedial 1-2-3-1-2-3-12-3-4" and it will dial.

If it weren't for the problem with getting the handsfree to automatically connect with the mpx220, I would have no problems. The only way I can get the two devices connected is to turn on the car, then in the phone, set the bluetooth device as "handsfree", then exit the menu... the two then connect. For some odd reason it appears that after they loose the connection, the mpx220 "forgets" that bluetooth device is a handsfree.

(Still can't dial by using the contacts list on the phone, but no biggie with 20 names/numbers programmed into handsfree).

Guest ThaMATRiX
As a nice feature of the ihf1000, I can verbally train the device to use 20 names/numbers of my choosing. This is independent of the phone and actually just sends the digits to the phone to dial via bluetooth.

The only other way to verbally dial with the handsfree is to spell out the numbers... "voicedial 1-2-3-1-2-3-12-3-4" and it will dial.

If it weren't for the problem with getting the handsfree to automatically connect with the mpx220, I would have no problems. The only way I can get the two devices connected is to turn on the car, then in the phone, set the bluetooth device as "handsfree", then exit the menu... the two then connect. For some odd reason it appears that after they loose the connection, the mpx220 "forgets" that bluetooth device is a handsfree.

(Still can't dial by using the contacts list on the phone, but no biggie with 20 names/numbers programmed into handsfree).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ahh, okay, i thought with the new firmware, the mpx220 lets you program 20 names/numbers. Thanks.

Guest Seth Cold
No problem. Next firmware: windows mobile 5 (hopefuly)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not quite yet...

but wmp10 is now!!

try the 3.45 chinese rom ;)

Guest Seth Cold
3.45? When was that out?

What about the fonts? Characters? Mobile operator logos?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think it was today!!

gotone branded... chinese and english

to change the language first time you boot

9-1-9-6 and then left joystick to select english

Guest SJ@MPx-220
i think it was today!!

gotone branded... chinese and english

to change the language first time you boot

9-1-9-6 and then left joystick to select english

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here we go again.... :twisted:

You never know what will come out tomorrow.

Unfortunately, my M$ friend told me that MPx220 was not used during the Magneto Beta process. I just hope that he's wrong ;)

Guest SJ@MPx-220
Can anyone tell which languages apart from English do these new roms ( 1.45 & 1.39) have?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The AT&T one has: French, Spanish, Portuguese

• 1 month later...
Guest irv204

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote

i see frogger is having the same problems i'm having with the blnc carkit. after i leave my car and come back the phone doesnt connect to the bluetooth. was wondering if you figured anything out and what the best option was for connecting to the blutooth.

Guest frogger90

i see frogger is having the same problems i'm having with the blnc carkit. after i leave my car and come back the phone doesnt connect to the bluetooth. was wondering if you figured anything out and what the best option was for connecting to the blutooth.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest irv204

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nothing new to be reported on this issue. Unfortunately this is an ongoing problem and appears to be consistent with all other smartphone users on this carkit device. I have heard that other carkits do have this problem, but no specifics yet.

My other complaint here is the voice quality. Others complain of extremely poor quality and erratic quality issues. At times, they are unable to hear me at all! Very odd, but the noise cancelling actually removes words from sentences at whole, not just cutting in/out. When repeating words that were removed, they get removed again. Very frustrating to hold a meaningful conversation.

All I can say is that I am very surprised that Motorola even released this product without doing a QA of the very basic features.... especially for the price. Have had an online ticket open with them for over 2 months and no response... then it apparently got removed from the system when they made changes (or removed the online help system).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest frogger90
i'm experiencing another problem that after a minute and a half the call ends. very odd, but it happens almost every call.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I haven't had that problem... however I do keep my phone very close.. less than 12" from the carkit. Maybe this could be a problem of the bluetooth loosing signal? With the poor quality, I do not usually subject my callers to that kind of poor voice quality.

Have heard that the Parrot CK3300 carkit works much better than the IHF1000. The handsfree kit it very stable, good signal to noise ratio, and sync’s contacts every time the car is turned on. No personal experience, but I am on a couple DL's at work and people have been raving about how good it is.