Pocket hangman Beta testers needed

Guest ultimasnake

Guest ultimasnake

Hi guys, you might not have heart from me for a while but i just finished a project for the pocket pc and i'm looking for some people who are willing to beta test the game.

The game is called Pocket Hangman and as it says it's hangman for on your pocket pc device. It's already done accept for some minor points but it might need some outside testing

I'm currently looking for 5 to 10 beta testers. If you are willing to test please post a reply and which device you own. I want to try and get as many devices to let it be tested on.

This program is going to cost money once it is final (a really really low price but still) and beta testers will get the final version and future updates for FREE!

ps. Good beta testers might automaticly get involved in new tests ;)

Edited by ultimasnake

Guest ultimasnake
Doing a smartphone version sometime?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Origionally it was aimed for the smartphone but my e200 is kinda halfy dead now.. and got myself a Imate jam which is more fun to program for.. i will consider it but it might be a bit more difficult to make it but i can easily port it i guess.. but it will also be payware then (i'm thinking of a price like 1,50 euros so that's really cheap) ;)

BUT first i want to finish the pocket pc version ;)

Edited by ultimasnake

• 2 months later...
Guest uzi_999

gave it a little go!! here are some suggestions -

1. on the actual wordlist, can you change the title (on the top bar) to something more understandable than "frmlist"

2. can you implement the d-pad??? on the actual keyboard itself and during the wordlist choice menu..

3. on the wordlist choices menu, you have to select a choice, and then click on 'load selected'. if the one you desire is highlighted and you click on 'ok' (in the top right corner of screen) it doesnt get selected..

4. later on, you could also introduce some sort of menu system, as soon as the program is started up main menu would be displayed ad there would be a link to go to the word list choice screen. there should also be a 'random' option which cooses the word list for you.

5. to make gameplay even more of a challenge - the should be a 'topic hide' option, which simply chooses a random topic, and doesnt display it for the user to see, and then displays a random hangman puzzle from that topic.. that way it wouldnt be as easy.

you could also implement a high score system, for when more than one person uses the device often, they can compete..

a two player option would make this game sell like hot cakes, IMO, but then it would be challenge to think of a way two people can play simeoultaneously on one device!!

Hope this helps..

Guest ultimasnake
gave it a little go!! here are some suggestions -

1. on the actual wordlist, can you change the title (on the top bar) to something more understandable than "frmlist"

2. can you implement the d-pad??? on the actual keyboard itself and during the wordlist choice menu..

3. on the wordlist choices menu, you have to select a choice, and then click on 'load selected'. if the one you desire is highlighted and you click on 'ok' (in the top right corner of screen) it doesnt get selected..

4. later on, you could also introduce some sort of menu system, as soon as the program is started up main menu would be displayed ad there would be a link to go to the word list choice screen. there should also be a 'random' option which cooses the word list for you.

5. to make gameplay even more of a challenge - the should be a 'topic hide' option, which simply chooses a random topic, and doesnt display it for the user to see, and then displays a random hangman puzzle from that topic.. that way it wouldnt be as easy.

you could also implement a high score system, for when more than one person uses the device often, they can compete..

a two player option would make this game sell like hot cakes, IMO, but then it would be challenge to think of a way two people can play simeoultaneously on one device!!

Hope this helps..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1.course the titles of every frame will be changed :)

2.will do

3.will do

4.Topic hide and Time limits are my idea to give it a boost

5.Yeah hotseat kinda style with a single word? :S help me think of that ;)... come to think of it.. i might have an idea! :(

Edited by ultimasnake