C500 SimLock Toggling (Cost: £0.00)

Guest Zone-MR

Guest Sp00k

Could hardly be simpler!!

Copied Cert.cab to phone & ran, ran SPVServices.exe on pc, permitted connection to server, clicked on a cupla buttons.. EUREKA! ... Said "unlocked"

Need the loan of a SIM to test it with now...

If successful, will be donating...

If unsuccessful, will be suing! ;)

EDIT

Tested with a Voda SIM, worked perfectly, thanks fellas!

Donation sent, as promised...

Sp00k... Who's relieved he didn't lash out 20 notes 'elsewhere'!

Edited by Sp00k

Guest beersoft

props to zone-mr for doing the unlock

but i think i need to stick up for imei-check

if it wasn't for florins work you would have to pay orange £15 or £20 to unlock your phone and then pay off the rest of your contract, and someone needs to pay for the phones that die in the process of developing the unlock

and, stop being cheap and donate a few quid to zone for his efforts

we now return you to your normal programming of bitching about "ohh i paid £20 for my unlock 6 months ago and now its available free"

later

Owen

Guest motorolampx200

I know one person on this planet who isn't happy with this program 8)

Although i must say it did the job but 30 E was just too much, great work for all other spv 500 users guys.

Guest sponge

Absolutely fantastic! This works a treat. I couldn't be happier. ;)/

It was a very simple procedure, very quick and having just checked it with my friends O2 SIM card, I can report complete success!

I think this may well be worthy of a donation... =D>

Guest anonymous1

hmm...having a probem with this:

installed 'cert' file and executed on c500 which installed successfully

ran 'SPVServices.exe' on pc, opens up a SPV-Developers Services window which I suppose tries to connect to the internet. Leaves a message in the window: ' Action canceled. Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you have visited this page previously and you want to view what has been stored on your computer, click File, and then click Work Offline.

For information about offline browsing with Internet Explorer, click the Help menu, and then click Contents and Index.'

not sure why it does that?

any1 have any suggestions?

thank you

Guest MARKUKCOUK
props to zone-mr for doing the unlock

but i think i need to stick up for imei-check

if it wasn't for florins work you would have to pay orange £15 or £20 to unlock your phone and then pay off the rest of your contract, and someone needs to pay for the phones that die in the process of developing the unlock

and, stop being cheap and donate a few quid to zone for his efforts

we now return you to your normal programming of bitching about "ohh i paid £20 for my unlock 6 months ago and now its available free"

later

Owen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Owen, I can honestly say It's nothing to do with me paying for something thats now free, though I accept it looks that way.

Guest beersoft

@mark, it wasn't aimed at you, just other random cheapskates ;):):D

[general rantyness]

it gets on my tits abit that everyone moans that "boo hoo £20 is a bit steep, some geazer on the market unlocks nokias and SE's and motos for a fiver but imeicheck is £20".

the reason that imei-check is £20 is because before zone released his unlock only 2 other people could unlock the phone, orange and HTC and imei-check which are both more expensive than imei check and a bigger pain in the arse to get it sorted with

now, stop moaning and donate that fiver you didn't spend on some dodgy marketstall unlock

[/general rantyness]

later

Owen

Guest sponge
Absolutely fantastic! This works a treat. I couldn't be happier.  ;)/

It was a very simple procedure, very quick and having just checked it with my friends O2 SIM card, I can report complete success!

I think this may well be worthy of a donation...  =D>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

/me enters paranoia mode

I'm just wondering - everything is working fine at the moment, but what are the odds of something going wrong in the future? If so, what?

Is it more likely that something would have gone during the modification, than at a later date after the 'patch'?

Or can I simply relax in the knowledge that it works now and will continue to work?

Guest Zone-MR
I'm just wondering - everything is working fine at the moment, but what are the odds of something going wrong in the future? If so, what?

Is it more likely that something would have gone during the modification, than at a later date after the 'patch'?

Or can I simply relax in the knowledge that it works now and will continue to work?

If something was to go wrong, it would happen during the modification stage. In any case, the proceedure is 100% reversible. If you run the tool once, you get the option "Unlock". If you run it again, you get the option "Lock".

Guest commonpersonjustlykeverybody

Blimey, it worked intantly

you people are bloody awesome!!!

you're all genius!!!

No fancy stuff and very simple, the best of all it's free!!!

GREAT WORK GUYS!!!

Guest tsutton

Once again, Zone-MR did something amazing!

I feel sorry for the guy at imei-check - soon he will have reduced income, but I really hope he will still have his site up for others to use if they want a fuss free service.

I of course will use this to save money. Does anyone know if I use this, will it invaliates the warrnaty?

Thanks.

Guest Zone-MR
I of course will use this to save money. Does anyone know if I use this, will it invaliates the warrnaty?

I doubt they will check if the phone has been unlocked or not. I had a phone unlocked with imei-check, sent it to HTC for repair, and they didn't even mention anything about it being unlocked.

If you are worried, you can always lock the phone again before sending it for repair - assuming the phone isn't so badly damaged that you can't connect to it via activesync.

Guest cold_fire

post-112983-1117446884_thumb.jpg

Thanks to some invaluable efforts from itsme, and anonymous, our SPV C500 unlocking tool is now in alpha ;)

If you try it, please post your feedback.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tried on SPV C500 in Romania ,the process took ~ 2 min. and worked perfectly ,thx a lot ,my phone is now network unlocked.Take a look at the pic . :D

Guest Surveyor

This looks grand. Have downloaded but left the USB lead in the office. Doh!

But a couple of questions: My Orange contract has ended and I have another phone (XDAIIi - wow!). The C500 was app unlocked but I did a hard reset to clear all my data - will that reset the app unlock and if so, presumably Orange won't unlock it now?

If I run the SIM unlock will I be able to load the C500 with a pay-as-you-go SIM?

Thanks. Hope your Bank Holiday weather is dryer than mine 8)

Guest Zone-MR
The C500 was app unlocked but I did a hard reset to clear all my data - will that reset the app unlock and if so, presumably Orange won't unlock it now?
A hard reset will reset the app unlock, however you should be able to app unlock it again using Orange's developers page. It's been up and down a lot recently, so if it doesn't work email them on the address they give you, and they'll send you a custom unlocking app.

If I run the SIM unlock will I be able to load the C500 with a pay-as-you-go SIM?

Yep ;)

Edited by Zone-MR

Guest alcalina

congratulations Zone-MR

i'm waiting the audivox smt5600.

now i'm going to buy one smt5600 locked in ebay and when arrive i test with the orange rom

;)