142 replies to this topic

ElGato65

ElGato65

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Devices:SPV C500 + C600

I'm trying to put back my back-upped dutch T9, but whenever I try to copy the damn file, it says I do not have the rights to do it. (tried it via active synch and on the phone from SD card to the mentoined T9 folder). I maneged to use a work around and left the file on my SD card, but it's not the way I want it.

Second question is how to disable cleartype on the Qtek ROM. Found a couple of modaco topipcs about it, with a lot of apps and register changes, but non seem to work.
Anybody allready switched cleartype off?

-edit- seems I've pressed the wrong button, my question does not have anything to do with the mistakenly put qoute..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This key is created in order to activate cleartype on the Orange ROM 4.1.1.4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GDI\ClearType]
"ClearType" = "1"

I've heard that once the key is created any change to the subsequent DWord value has no effect. Maybe if the key is deleted altogether it will disable it for you.

That cat's something I can't explain.

Posted Image

eikie

eikie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:c500

This key is created in order to activate cleartype on the Orange ROM 4.1.1.4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GDI\ClearType]
"ClearType" = "1"

I've heard that once the key is created any change to the subsequent DWord value has no effect. Maybe if the key is deleted altogether it will disable it for you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Problem is, I can't delete it, it's protected.. ;)

ElGato65

ElGato65

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Devices:SPV C500 + C600

Problem is, I can't delete it, it's protected.. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think if you get the phone App unlocked you should be able to delete it.

That cat's something I can't explain.

Posted Image

minty1978

minty1978

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Interests:Gadgets!!!!
  • Devices:HTC Hero G2
  • Twitter:@mintymurray
my orange C500 is now runnong the Qtek rom, and works fine!! thanks for the info people....

ps i got bored waiting for the orange rom!

HTC Hero: MoDaCo MCR 3.2b5 Custom Bake
HTC Dream: Google IONr2 - Long gone

hasan24

hasan24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
As far as i've seen there is no way back to another rom anymore. Nbftools0.3 wont even flash back another bootrom. Pitty couse i need the t9dutchldb.dll.

And it is not possible to copy files from the windows folder of the spv to windows. copy it to the sd card from the phone

eikie

eikie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

I think if you get the phone App unlocked you should be able to delete it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As far as I know, my phone is app unlocked. Can install whatever I want, but can't delete the register key

And it is not possible to copy files from the windows folder of the spv to windows. copy it to the sd card from the phone

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The problem is not getting the DLL from the phone to my computer, it's putting it back on the phone (any folder on the internal memory) after flashing the Qtek rom. For some reason I am not allowed to copy a system file (dll) to my phone, in any folder, except my SD card.
I've now put it on the SD card and made a register value pointing to my SD card, but that not the way I wanted it to be..

Edited by eikie, 02 June 2005 - 07:24 AM.

jakobdam

jakobdam

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:Taekwondo, photographing, IT in general - specialized in 2D/3D graphics and web coding.<br /><br />See also www.vildmedmobil.dk and www.fotostart.dk
  • Devices:QTek 8310

The problem is not getting the DLL from the phone to my computer, it's putting it back on the phone (any folder on the internal memory) after flashing the Qtek rom. For some reason I am not allowed to copy a system file (dll) to my phone, in any folder, except my SD card.
I've now put it on the SD card and made a register value pointing to my SD card, but that not the way I wanted it to be..

OK - from your phone file browser, just copy the dll-file from your SD-card into the folder you want it to be. If you can't see the file, enable viewing for hidden files, ROM files and system files.

"A lot of what we call 'management' is about making work more complicated and hard for people to understand"

eikie

eikie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

OK - from your phone file browser, just copy the dll-file from your SD-card into the folder you want it to be. If you can't see the file, enable viewing for hidden files, ROM files and system files.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I tried that with smartexplorer and that seems to be the problem. With smartexplorer it's impossible.
But I just did it with the file explorer which was allready on the phone and it worked just fine..

Thanks for the help...

Now only to disable the cleartype... :shock:

jim.mason

jim.mason

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:Snowboarding, Beer, Girlfriend and cats and dog
  • Devices:Omnia 7
Used the 'Free SIM Unlock programme in the hope that I wouldn't have to use the NBF Tools, but this didn't work.

Update went fine and have re set all my data connections etc.

One problem I have noticed is that there is not the default Orange Homescreen although there are other Orange features in the program menu.

Does this mean that this update does not include the Orange Plugin and therefore cannot use homescreen made for the C500 or is the default screen just missing???

Cheers

Jim

##EDIT##
Also, when in any of the program menu screens, there is an icon next to the signal strength indicator of a person with what looks like a phone handset to the bottom right. What is this as it doesn't appear when on the homescreen.

Orange UK C500 User

Edited by jim.mason, 02 June 2005 - 11:40 AM.

Jim
Omnia 7, HTC Hero, Touch HD, Kaiser, MDA Vario II with Black Satin,XDA Mini S, Qtek S110, C500, Motorla MPX 200, SPV Classic, Nokia 7210, 3210, 5110....

Realchef

Realchef

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thank you so much, excellent guide ;)

minty1978

minty1978

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Interests:Gadgets!!!!
  • Devices:HTC Hero G2
  • Twitter:@mintymurray

Also, when in any of the program menu screens, there is an icon next to the signal strength indicator of a person with what looks like a phone handset to the bottom right.  What is this as it doesn't appear when on the homescreen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmmmm i noticed this too, its a bit strange, but you get used to it.

i like the 'silent' mode icon.
;)

HTC Hero: MoDaCo MCR 3.2b5 Custom Bake
HTC Dream: Google IONr2 - Long gone

atlantaben

atlantaben

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Will this ROM work on my Xphone II? I really want to have WMP 10....

thanks

gnoonan

gnoonan

N00dles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I can't seem to run the application security unlock since I upgraded. The application sent from Orange claims it cannot read my IMEI number. Anyone else had this too?

The phone is unlocked from florin's site running a vodaphone sim with GPRS settings ok for other websites. My phone seems to be a ghost to the phone's radio.

cheers,
Greg

ghozd

ghozd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Can anyone help me.
I have installed this qtek rom, but tryed to put on the french orange rom

I have a sim unlocked phone bij the smartphonedevelopers, but it does not run the update correctley.
I stay stuck in the bootloader menu and then the pc programm gives me an error that the rom could not be updateted.

I have also tryed with the typhoonnbftool to eddit the header but then i get te same problem

Please someone help me..

ghozd

ghozd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Can anyone help me.
I have installed this qtek rom, but tryed to put on the french orange rom

I have a sim unlocked phone bij the smartphonedevelopers, but it does not run the update correctley.
I stay stuck in the bootloader menu and then the pc programm gives me an error that the rom could not be updateted.

I have also tryed with the typhoonnbftool to eddit the header but then i get te same problem

Please someone help me..

Further i want to have the fun and info link in the startmenu gone. How to do this, just deleting wont work...

Edited by ghozd, 03 June 2005 - 07:39 AM.

Guest_E_hekhuizen_*

Guest_E_hekhuizen_*
  • Guests

I can't seem to run the application security unlock since I upgraded.  The application sent from Orange claims it cannot read my IMEI number.  Anyone else had this too?

The phone is unlocked from florin's site running a vodaphone sim with GPRS settings ok for other websites.  My phone seems to be a ghost to the phone's radio.

cheers,
Greg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I also tried running the orange application unlock software but when i tried to install some software i found out that is wasn't nessecary.. I think the ROM is already app. unlocked..

Greetzz E.

hasan24

hasan24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Only mister orange puts an applock on this phone.

gnoonan

gnoonan

N00dles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for your help people.

I thought this was the case too after I kept trying but I am having a problem rearranging my start menu with a read only permission error still. I'm stuck with the long winded standard menu structure. I thought this might be related to the phone being locked down but it seems to run stuff fine.

Time to try a different angle.

Only mister orange puts an applock on this phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

q0nk

q0nk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have Ornage SPV C500 with this ROM on it and I had the french before, which I didn't like at all

I can't however seem to get MMS to work. I can recieve pics, but not send.

Anyone with same problem that have a solution?

I'm fed up with trying different variations of settings now!

radub

radub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i600
I did it on my Romanian Orange SPV C500 and everything worked perfect. The fonts, are bolded now, and it seemed to add font smoothing to the system as in XP's Clear Type. All operator related crap is gone. I am VERY satisfied. It's perfect. Thank you very much. I hope you will post the next update too when it is available. ;) :D

One more thing: is my spv sim and application unlcoked now?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users