spvSW3d[0.1a]

Guest roozbeh

Guest roozbeh

This is a shadow warrior port to smartphones/PocketPcs!

The game speed is currently not that satisfactory on my 2002 machine but maybe it is better on 2003s!

also try seeing if changing TicksPerSecond value in you sw.cfg file wil help game speed or not.

perfect values are 100-120,but you can make it slower with values 40-90.

FOR SMARTPHONE 2003 USERS:

before using this program make sure you increase CacheMemory setting in your sw.cfg file(use notpad and save it again).

SW.GRP file size is very big even in shareware version you can try KEXTRACT.EXE and zip all extracted files,also becouse currently there is no support for sounds/music you can remove all .voc and .mid files before packing them again!

Please be patient and read this readme.txt file completly!

====================================================

Shadow Warrior 3D for SmartPhones/Pocket pcs [v0.1a]

This is the port of 3D Realms Shadow Warrior 3D to Smartphone/Pocket PC platforms.

I'd like to thank them for releasing these sources and make this game available on lots of platforms.

This port uses Smartphone's port of SDL which thanks go to arisme.

See http://arisme.free.fr/ and http://www.LibSDL.org for more informations.

THIS IS A PRE ALPHA RELEASE,USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Use Modaco.com forums for asking about Smartphone version of game.

Installation ::

Please unpack all files into a directory.

Required files:

spvSW3d.exe

sw.cfg

readme.txt

KEXTRACT.EXE[for reducing size of grp file]

You need all of these files and also sw.GRP which you will find in shareware or full versions,and also all .con files.

You can install PC shareware game from ftp://ftp.3drealms.com/share/3dsw12.zip.

Unpack that file in your pc and run the install.exe file,go to installed directory and then move sw.grp to your device in same folder which you have other files.

Simply copy all of them in a directory and run the spvSW3d.exe.

!! READ BELOW IF YOU WANT TO REDUCE SIZE OF SW.GRP FILE.

SW.GRP ::

If you think the size of this file is big you can try to zip this file.Read below.

You can try to unpack the group file using Ken's KEXTRACT.EXE which is in your BUILD directory in full version CDs.

(You can also find some other extract tools in SHADOW WARRIOR\DUKE NUKEM fans site ,just use GOOGLE).

Run " KEXTRACT SW.GRP *.* " to extract all files from group file.

And Zip all those files again using your ZIP program(like WINRAR/WINZIP/...).

So in your result .zip file you will find all the files extracted from SW.GRP .

And then rename the zip file to SW.GRP and copy this file into your device.

If you are not intrested in SW musics you can remove all .MID files before packing them again,and also if you are not intrested in sounds, you can remove all .VOC files,this way you can save alots of your storage card space.

NOTE: It is obvious that using ziped group file make game slower,so do this only if you have fast devices,or your device have lots of memory.

Increasing CacheMemory option in SW.CFG file helps alot if you are using a ziped group file.

Controls ::

You can customize all of your keys in Duke3d.cfg.

sw.cfg ::

This file carries all of your settings and you can customize the game by changing them.

*Engine Setup section

This section is totally new and carry some more general settings.

CacheMemory = 2600

This value indicates how much memory in Kilobyte to be reserved for caching.

The very best value is 2-3mg lower than your free memory and around 14mg.

Also higher values wont hurt!

If you are using a ziped group file,higher values are recommended.

*NOTE:very high values can cause a soft reset of your phone so be carefull.

Sound section ::

Here you can change setting that influence how sound system works.

-FXDevice = 0

Set to 13 for no sound.

-MusicDevice = 0

Set to 13 for no music.

-NumVoices = 4

Ranges are from 8 to 1.

If you have a fast smartphone you can increase this value.

-NumChannels = 1

Ranges are from 1-2.

If you have a fast smartphone you can increase this value.

-NumBits = 16

You can set this to 8 and i dont know what then.....

-MixRate = 11000

This value indicates the mixing frequancy.Maximum value is 22000 which is very clear voices.

Tips ::

Known Bugs ::

Program is in its early development phase.

So lots of bugs are out there!

History::

v0.1b-pre 2005/06/01

+Support for ziped group files.

+Added GAPI controls

!fixed some bugs.

v0.1a-pre

-Pre release version.

spvSW3D.rar

Edited by roozbeh

Guest med3d

It does not work. It opens a window during a half second and then it shuts itself. In the spvsw3d.rar file, there are only a readme.txt, a spvSW3d.exe, a SW.CFG.

Are they missing files to maje it work properly.

Thanx for your good work.

Med3d

Guest roozbeh
It does not work. It opens a window during a half second and then it shuts itself. In the spvsw3d.rar file, there are only a readme.txt, a spvSW3d.exe, a SW.CFG.

Are they missing files to maje it work properly.

Thanx for your good work.

Med3d

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

are you also copying *.con files?sw.grp file?

which device are you using?

Guest Jamma14

He doesn't realise he needs to get them himself. ;)

At everyone who doesn't know:

Roozbeh's games are ports, and the originals need lots of other files as well as the exe, so the ported exe will also. To get it to work you need to search for the original shareware versions, install them on your computer, and then take the original files in the installed folder, along with the files in Roozbeh's zip and place them on your phone, then shortcut to the exe.

Here: ftp://ftp.3drealms.com/share/3dsw12.zip is where you can find the Shadow Warrior 3d PC shareware version.

Hope that helps peeps. :D

Guest roozbeh

I dont know why nobody is giving it a try or if did not posting the results here!

anyway another version is availble!

especially for those who has frightened when they saw the size of sw.grp file.

you can now try to zip file and use the ziped group file instead!

regards

roozbeh

Guest simon211175

I've been far too busy enjoying your Duke Nukem port to try this one out. Downloading the programs now though so I'll give it a go soon ;)

Guest simon211175

Had a quick look. The game seems to run quite smoothly - definately no speed problems found using my C500. Screen is quite dark, but I guess that's the style of the game.

Haven't tested any sound yet, as I'm at work. Also the keys are hard to get used to - pressing fire displays a message each time about not having any sticky bombs - regardless of the weapon in use.

I'll play more later.

Guest idiotuk

i am using PDA to run the game, everythings work well.

I have one problem. Whats the code for ENTER to click on the menu, i can't figure it out, the only way to go through the menu is to click wheel twice and then most left (1) functional button. Anyone knows how to configure the file to set enter on one of the function keys?

Guest idiotuk

i am using PDA to run the game, everythings work well.

I have one problem. Whats the code for ENTER to click on the menu, i can't figure it out, the only way to go through the menu is to click wheel twice and then most left (1) functional button. Anyone knows how to configure the file to set enter on one of the function keys?

Guest The Undefeated

Works pretty good on my C500, i've still got to sort out the controls though.

And anybody who cant install it, either find some other version, or, download DOSBox and use that to install it, it worked for me.

Guest himmerf

It works fine on Mpx200 WM2003,very smooth.But save/load function freezes the phone :-( Landscape mode would be fine ;)

Edited by himmerf

Guest yarod_g14

I have tested this on my HTC magician and it opens and runs ok. I am able to move about and hack a few guys up with my sword. Speed is very acceptable.

~I am unable to exit the program though and I end up restting my phone.

By now I should know how to set up the cfg files for these games to get all controls working.

Im going to copy this over to my E200, see how it runs and let you know.

Guest The Undefeated

Why cant you quit?

incase you're doin' it wrong or somthing, you press back, then click on quit or exit and then press 9 (for Y or yes, or 6 for N or no)

Guest kultus
Why cant you quit?

incase you're doin' it wrong or somthing, you press back, then click on quit or exit and then press 9 (for Y or yes, or 6 for N or no)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

doesnt work properli on my Eurotel SDA Sonata...I play but when I strike it quits to Windows...but it looks amazing thx ROOZBEH

• 4 weeks later...
Guest giles2005

hi there iv been logging into this forum everday at work to see if this project has got any further.....

so i guess i was woundering how it is coming along as iv been dying to play this...

it appears to run pretty well on my MPX200!!!

ps keep up the good work roozbeh

Guest roozbeh

well i modifies a lot the sources it now does support saving/loading and lot more....

but i am a little bit depressed with the cummunity support and also users feedback....

to be honest i really love all of these games.....and i dont know whats the problem whith them that users dont like them....so maybe they are really bullshits!

so i am thinking to forget furthur developments.....

anyway......i will release the final version of sw soon!

Guest giles2005
so i am thinking to forget furthur developments.....

anyway......i will release the final version of sw soon!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheer up roozbeh..... the games are great duke is by far the best release for smartphone yet there isnt anyother game that comes close to the quality that has bee achieved by yourself.....

i think reason for lack of support is that there hasnt been much resantly on the forum to inspire people about new releases until they are in there final stages.....

shadow warrior is another class act by yourself and you should in now way feel depressed....

keep up the good work....

Guest caesar54

Roozbeh, I've been intently awaiting a new version of this port for the pocket pc. I'm sad to see that you are considering dropping the port. If you want a larger user base, post news of this port on the pocketmatrix forums, you're sure to get much more user feedback on a more active forum. Keep up the good work!

• 1 month later...
Guest jerricho

I'll give it a try, hope it's more/better playable than Duke3D.

The speed of that game wasnt that good on my MPX200.

But the ports of Doom, Wolfenstein3D, SOD, man! it's all on my phone!

These ports really made my day.

So a message to Roozbeh: "Keep up the good work, love the ports"

Bye (let's try SW first now)

--------------

I tried the game, good job.

Roozbeh, cheerup man! Remeber, ive got all your ports running on my phone and it keeps me happy everyday. I love what you have done with your port of doom, sod and wolf3d. Keeps me a time out from work or getting throuhg the time during my lunchbreaks etc.

I really hope you dont give up on this becouse it REALLY brings a smile on my face.

Edited by jerricho

• 2 weeks later...
Guest misterhamper

Hello. It works really great on my Orange SPV C500. Both with shareware and full Shadow Warrior. I hope there will be more ports in the future.

Man, my phone gets more and more invicible infront of the Nokias, with all those great games :twisted:

One thing: i would like the keys to be bound like this:

Strafe_Left = Softkey 1

Strafe_Right = Softkey 2

Map = Camera-button

Aim_Up = Sound-up

Aim_Down = Sound-down

Fire = Green Callbutton

Open = Red Callbutton

Jump = *T9

Crouch = _#

but i don't know what all these keys are called in the SW.CFG. Can you guys please tell me? Thank you alot.

Need some help here, please...

Edited by misterhamper