MoDaCo Plus to increase in price

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

Update:

I have decided that the new cost of 'MoDaCo Plus' will be £34.99, and this has now taken effect.

In addition, 'MoDaCo AdFree' will be launching shortly, priced at £9.99.

It will offer a lower donation tier for those that wish to support the site, but with the only benefit of ad removal.

Visit the MoDaCo Plus information page, to join!

Following on from a large increase in the number of MoDaCo Plus benefits, and a number of Plus benefits under negotiation, I regret to announce that the price of MoDaCo Plus will be increasing at some point in the week commencing 6th June for New Subscribers.

The exact cost is still to be decided, and the change will NOT affect existing subscribers on recurring subscriptions... including those who sign up between now and the price change.

I have had feedback from some Plus members and a number of Plus Partners who suggested that the cost was too low and devalued Plus in some way... for example a recently added benefit was, on it's own, worth ~3 times the subscription fee :D

Watch this space for further announcements, and should you wish to sign up to MoDaCo Plus prior to the price increase, or even just learn more about MoDaCo Plus, then Click Here.

Cheers! ;)

P

Guest James

I Agree,

After recent EXCELLENT benifits this should be welcome by most here. Are you expecting a rush of new subscriptions this week then? ;)

Guest Paul [MVP]

I'd like to give those who have been regulars on the site and have been thinking about signing up to Plus the opportunity to get it at the current rate... it's a bit mean to put it up overnight ;)

P

Guest RazorD
I'd like to give those who have been regulars on the site and have been thinking about signing up to Plus the opportunity to get it at the current rate... it's a bit mean to put it up overnight :D

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That'd be me then ;) - I've been debating it for a while, just signed up now ;)

-Raz

Guest sponge

This was the kick I needed to get me to sign up - just done it. 8)

One thing that confused me was the referrer name part. Do you need to be referrered to get the plus membership? :?: I didn't fill that field in. :oops:

What happens next?

Guest Paul [MVP]

No, you could optionally say who referred you.... we previously had a referral bonus scheme, but this proved to be an admin nightmare, so is no longer available.

I should really remove that field ;)

P

Guest ndryer

That'd be me then - I've been debating it for a while, just signed up now

-Raz

Same here, been reading the site for ages.

Also was the least i could do after winning an M2000

In my opinion - as a none-Plus member there should be more advertising stating the key benefits of Plus.

For example, there is a horizontal navigation bar at the top of the site - with shops, blogs, gallery etc - no Plus? I feel a link there linking to a page stating all the current benefits would help more people see the benefits and in turn sign up.

Last time i checked, the list of benefits had kinda rubishy stuff in there such as VikiNeil backgrounds ;) Then when I checked the url, it wasn't available! I'm not 100% as to all the latest benefits as Im sure many other potential signer-upers aren't too. Don't get me wrong, im a veteran of the site and would love to support it - but the incentives always help everyone part with their cash so having a fully comprehensive list available would be much better.

Also, rather than having rubishy emoticon banners, why not throw in a few more MoDaCo banners relating to Plus?

Just a few ideas, something for you to think about.

Guest peterweg

Members? what benifits? What is it?

I've been coming to this site for ages and I still don't understand what this MoDaCo Plus stuff is about.

Guest chucky.egg

Plus gets you free software, discounts at Handango and other software sites, and various options to do with the site (such as no adverts)

It's definately worth it, especially now that the list of benefits has grown so much over the last couple of weeks.

Guest JamieDow

Fair enough, it's more than worth the extra. The extras you get are not only 'free apps' (which invariably with most sites suck) these are good quality applications that the vast majority want and use.

Good on you guys. The site and community rocks and I think it's worth every penny.

Guest agent.m

I signed up when I saw the homescreen designer. ;) the only thing that was stopping me before was the paypal. but thats cause i was lazy :roll:

Guest Sp00k

An Increased Price, eh?

Taking a leaf out of TomToms' book Paul?

At least in your case you gave us some warning!

AND it represents considerably better value!!

BTW... What will the new cost of joining be?

Sp00k...

Guest spvdk

I don't need cheap T-shirts, meetings in the UK (I am a 'foreigner', like so many others), dictionaries, magazines or whatever. But from time to time, I consider supporting this site, as I was a supporter of my-symbian, when I had an UIQ device. My-symbian asks for a $10 donation, and that's fine for most people. But the $46 here is way too high, unless you are going for the benefits instead of just trying to help out. Increasing the price even more does not help!

Please remember that a lot of us visit and support many message boards on a regular basis, so if you want our financial support, it has got to be on a reasonable level.

Guest TigerNet
@Paul

When you say including recurring subcriptions does that mean all us old timers ;)

...clarification on that would be useful...I don't know whether I would be classed as 'recurring'???

Cheers

Nick

Guest Paul [MVP]

Anyone who has a current subscription should find it automatically rebills with either 2Checkout or PayPal.

So long as this is happening, it will rebill at the old price.

It seems I mistakenly assumed everyone who wanted to support the site would want all the super-cool Plus stuff.

Would a lowered tiered Plus option, maybe that did something like just removing the ads, be popular? Or should I just add a 'donate' button?

P

Guest awarner [MVP]

I read it as if you are already a member and renew your subscription when needed you will be still paying the original subscription price.

Guest C00LH4ND

Yep another... I too have just signed up.

Even though my the company I work for disable GPRS :twisted: , much of the incentives require this access and I already have Papyrus I would like to help support this excellent site.... ;)

Guest Yanio

hey everyone, this would actually be my first post! yey! i signed up for plus about 10 minutes ago, but i can't seem to acces any of the free things. i think i may of actually paid twice too... (all hail the muppet)

anyone think they can help? please?!

Iain

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.