m2000 silent incoming call issue

Guest Wozbacca

Guest Wozbacca

im still getting the problem when you receive an incomming call and you cant hear the other person.

hasnt anyone resolved this yet

surely orange or whoever should release a bugfix for this. it annoying having to soft reset the phone everytime and call them back!

Guest GSVBagpuss
im still getting the problem when you receive an incomming call and you cant hear the other person.

surely orange or whoever should release a bugfix for this. it annoying having to soft reset the phone everytime and call them back!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I only had this once, so am not going to reply incase I jinx it into happening again

Oh damn ;)

Guest viper4u2nv

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

its happening to me all the time now, i cant actually hear anyone, but wen i watch a movie the speakers are fine.

ARGH!!!!!!

Guest Pondrew

Unfortunately all Blue Angels seem to get this one time or another. It happens on my MDA III albeit rarely. On mine it usually follows my using Beta Player or Pocket TV.

Afraid it's even been reported with the most upto date rom available (the i-mate PDA2k rom recently released with radio version 1.12, bluetooth build 3900 and Windows Mobile 10).

Guest pizdyetz77

I get it quite often too. Seems to happen most often when coming off 'silent'. Not that that matters as the only thing that fixes it is a soft reset. I have tried turning on 'flight mode' and then reconnecting but, no, hard reset it is all that works. I'm sure I'm on the latest ROM as well. Haven't even bothered phoning Orange.

Sorry to be of no help whatsoever . . . .

GH

Guest pizdyetz77

. . . . . and if it makes you feel any better, I've just picked it up to make a call & the thing's frozen stiff. Soft resetting as I type.

Otherwise, I think it's great . . . .

Guest the_evertonian

I sent my original M2000 back because of this problem and waited 12 WEEKS for a replacement!

Typically, the replacement does it too, even with its newer ROM, and I've NEVER used bluetooth.

There's no way I'm sending this one back though - it'll just have to be a PDA rather than a phone.

Guest theanarch1st

There is a fix available (which was discovered at xda-developers)

however it was always going to be down to the Btooth being the cause as it was always looking for a headset.

to fix the problem (if you don't use btooth)

remove the Bt_Tray shortcut in your startup folder.

you will no longer have the issue as the Btooth isn't enabled.

I haven't tried starting it once the phone has soft reset but i would presume it would bring the problem back.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AJCrowley

I had this problem on a daily basis when i first had an M2000, then i exchanged the unit (after only 4 days).

the new unit has had the problem a lot less, since i had the new one it's only done it 3 times in a month and a half. i might get it more often now as i'm switching to silent, sometimes using a BlueTooth headset etc, so i suppose i might need to reset a bit more often.

Guest pjh2903
So it's suggested to be caused by bluetooth? Even when we've not had bluetooth enabled?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I use bluetooth all the time and since I have turned vibrate off I have not experienced this problem, I used to have to reset 2 or 3 times a day so maybe the problem lies with the combo of vibrate and bluetooth together .... :exclaim: just a thought.

• 1 month later...
Guest colcol

I have had my m2000 for a month. I sent it for repair yesterday to htc europe. as above, my m2000 intermittently devolops the fault whereby the phone rings and I cant hear the caller nor speak to them. I solve the problem by turning on bluetooth and then turning it off. by then, the caller has long gone.

I had the same problem 20 months ago with a treo 600. before handspring changed the phone I was only able to make calls using a plug in headset. will a plug-in headset work with a m2000 when the built-in speaker fails to work?

as I say, I cant test this at present since my phone is with htc.

Guest fraser

I can absolutely guarantee this is 100% down to Bluetooth, and it's most likely a software bug. So, sending it back for repair won't do much.

The reason I am so sure is I've had my phone for six months, and I've seen this problem twice. The first was after trying to send a file to someone over BT. And recently, since buying into the sat nav game, it happened a couple of time last week. Pretty conclusive in my (professional) option. I've only had this issue immediately after using BT.

Guest colcol

So I sent my m2000 back to htc europe for repair saying that the phone had an intermittent fault in that sometimes when the phone rang I could not hear the other person nor speak to them. I was forced to turn on bluetooth and then turn it back off by which time the caller had rung off.

I talked to htc today and they said that they could not cause this fault to happen and that they did not have a bluetooth headset so could not fully test my phone. what did I want to do? they could keep the phone and keep testing it or send it back. I said send it back.

what to do next??? fones4free.com who sold the m2000 say not their problem as do orange.

Guest theanarch1st

the problem as already stated is bluetooth software related. (can't stress that enough)

htc can emulate it without a btooth headset as it has nothing to do with it, i can do it without even pairing a headset to the device, just btooth on ring a few people switch between sound on and off, play a few songs and use the fone as normal then sit it dormant in stand by and the device low and behold will think theres a btooth headset attatched when you try and make a call with btooth turned on.

as i'm upgrading to the universal when it comes out, not too bothered about losing btooth as i never use it and can use wired headset when driving as this doesn't cause the problem.

actually it doesn't matter what the btooth state is, on or off, will still think the headset is there, you just as stated have to turn it on and off to make the device work again.

Edited by theanarch1st

• 1 month later...
Guest sonic333

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

try going to (http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=test) and updating bluetooth seems to have sorted the problem on mine!

Guest dazza12

Sonic - this only needed to be said once.

I've also updated via XDA Developers, but still occasionally get the silent call issue from time to time.

Guest Pondrew
Sonic - this only needed to be said once.

I've also updated via XDA Developers, but still occasionally get the silent call issue from time to time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sonic's duplicate posts removed.

With regards post update silent call issue, unfortunately I still get it too albeit far more rarely since updating.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jimbob0001

I think I've solved the silent call issue in a way that might interest some of you. Had two replacement phones from O2, tried the patch from xda-developers, upgraded bluetooth, and was still getting it. O2 offered to send me yet another iis or replace it with any other phone in their range if I paid the difference.

So for just over 30 quid, they've sent the XDA Exec. Was 8 months away from an upgrade and I'm on their cheapest contract, so pretty happy with this (even as compensation for having three phones in a row that didn't work properly). Have been very pleased with the O2 customer service all told.

Now just got to wait for it to arrive...

Guest ingster

I've contacted orange last week regarding this problem and oh surprise surprise they've never heard of this problem, now i'm waiting for orange technical division to get back to me about this but apparently there's a clause of them supplying me with an equivalent handset, well to my thinking, i'd need a handset with qwerty keyboard, wifi, b'tooth and touchscreen, so... as jimbob managed to get an XDA exec sorted through o2 i should be able to get an M5000, here's hoping!

I've contacted orange last week regarding this problem and oh surprise surprise they've never heard of this problem

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Personally, I would have called them on that bull the moment they attempted it. It's a well know issue that's been around for almost a year. Several of their customers have had numerous replacements over this issue. The person that told you that it was new the them was either incompetent, a new start, or lying. Either way, ask to speak to someone else who can help you.

Guest ingster
Personally, I would have called them on that bull the moment they attempted it. It's a well know issue that's been around for almost a year. Several of their customers have had numerous replacements over this issue. The person that told you that it was new the them was either incompetent, a new start, or lying. Either way, ask to speak to someone else who can help you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know, i called them again today and the tech team apparently did try to call me back - surprising though my phone's been on all weekend and no call! Anyway they want me to give them 3 days worth of information about where it goes wrong (location of myself), what time it goes wrong, where the caller is, what type of phone they're on (landline/mobile etc) and what i do to resolve the solution, :evil: not a happy bunny seeing as i explained this all to muppet no.1 nearly two weeks ago!

• 1 month later...
Guest DJ2liveBS

Surely this is a problem with the phone and therefore as I believe it the company that sold it to you should be held responsible. As long as it is within its warranty period they should at least help out or offer a replacement.

Just my two pence worth.

P.S. I have this issue and orange tech support are looking into it. Or so they keep saying.