Record Phone conversation on 4.2.1.1 ROM

Guest afeudale

Guest afeudale

On my C500, when I had the 4.1.1.4 ROM, I was able to record both sides of a phone conversation by using the Video Recorder function - with both the handset and bluetooth headset.

I upgraded to 4.2.1.1 yesterday and now cannot record ;) Trying to record from the handset gives blank audio. From the bluetooth headset it gets all garbly and the person on the other end can't hear me speak.

Any insight?

I'll probably go back to 4.1.1.4 as losing this functionality just to gain WMP10 is not worth it...

Thanks!!

Guest bluesmudge
On my C500, when I had the 4.1.1.4 ROM, I was able to record both sides of a phone conversation by using the Video Recorder function - with both the handset and bluetooth headset. 

I upgraded to 4.2.1.1 yesterday and now cannot record  ;)  Trying to record from the handset gives blank audio.  From the bluetooth headset it gets all garbly and the person on the other end can't hear me speak.

Any insight?

I'll probably go back to 4.1.1.4 as losing this functionality just to gain WMP10 is not worth it...

Thanks!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't know you could do that anyway - can you tell us how you did it? (on the 4.1.1.4 ROM)

Guest afeudale

Well, I went back to 4.1.1.4....

When in a call, switch to the camcorder application. Then start capture. It will record both sides of the conversation, even if you are on a headset.

Well, I went back to 4.1.1.4....

When in a call, switch to the camcorder application.  Then start capture.  It will record both sides of the conversation, even if you are on a headset.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: ;) :?: ;) :D LOLOLOL, People have been looking for this kind of 'TIP', for ages infact i think theres a cash reward up for anyone who develops an app to do such a thing see here: MONEY FOR RECORDER!, well done afeudale!

Guest afeudale

I was also looking for such an app for a long time and was also going to contribute to the "money for recorder software" thread, but then just stumbled onto this solution by accident one day...

Can ppl post here if it does in fact work on their phones? Maybe mine is an exception? I have an Audiovox SMT5600 which originally had Rogers AT&T software on it (with WMP10) and I downgraded to Orange 4.1.1.4...

Guest Raven001

Are you guys recording Video or MMS Video?

For me, "Video" failed because of a memory error (too much processing power?) and "MMS Video" didn't have any sound (yes, it was enabled in the options menu...)

Guest sainthalo
I use ordinary video, not MMS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think i posted the first thread trying to get this feature ages ago!!!

but...

even this method on my correct old orange rom does not work...!

spv c500 WITH orange's 4.1.1.4 ROM (came on phone in january - never been modified but have hard reset it twice - once today)

1) tried VIDEO but no sound recorded

2)) tried VIDEO MMS but no sound recorded

NOTE when not making a call it records audio perfectly

setup changed to allow saving to mem card still no joy...

PLEASE COULD SOMEONE WHO HAS IT WORKING POST ALL THEIR SETTINGS AND THEIR PROCEDURE? YOU WILL BE THANKED A HUNDRED TIMES ON HERE!

o_0

Edited by sainthalo

Guest afeudale

I think I figured it out...

I originally (and maybe erroneously) posted that I could record both with the handset and a bluetooth headset - well it seems it only records when on a bluetooth headset. So for those having trouble with recording, try using a headset and see if it works...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fbloise

It Works for me. but...

I try voice recording (like notes or memo recording) and records both my side and the other side.

When I try the video app surely records the voice but also records the video. That's bad, cause u have an audio of Ur conversation but a video recording of nothing at all unless u point the camera to something.

Anyway is very good, because with some software you can extract the audio or u can convert this video/audio to audio only using dbpoweramp that converts MP4 audio (you can use a video as well, just is going to use the audio part only) and converts that to any WAV, MP3 or WMA file with the properly codecs.

More info: www.dbpoweramp.com

By the way, It wont work unless u use a bluetooth headset.

Test both with and without the BT headset and just works with the Bluetooth way.

Guest omega2008
It Works for me. but...

I try voice recording (like notes or memo recording) and records both my side and the other side.

When I try the video app surely records the voice but also records the video. That's bad, cause u have an audio of Ur conversation but a video recording of nothing at all unless u point the camera to something.

Anyway is very good, because with some software you can extract the audio or u can convert this video/audio to audio only using dbpoweramp that converts MP4 audio (you can use a video as well, just is going to use the audio part only) and converts that to any WAV, MP3 or WMA file with the properly codecs.

More info: www.dbpoweramp.com

By the way, It wont work unless u use a bluetooth headset.

Test both with and without the BT headset and just works with the Bluetooth way.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you go this to work with the Voice Recorder App....hmmm it won't work on my MPx 220 and its the same app....odd

• 10 months later...
Guest yaya

worked for me on my spv e200...

1. answer the phone call

2. open Camera, select Video and Capture

it will record both ways

Guest w411y

Records both ways for me on C550 without headset ;)

Loudspeaker sounds better mind

EDIT: You have to start the recording after the person has answereed otherwise the recording will stop when they answer

Edited by w411y