Moaning at the other end of the phone line?

Guest nigidivitch

Guest nigidivitch

Does anyone else using the Blue Angel get constant complaints from people on the other end of the line saying "I can't hear you", "Can you speak louder?", "Your voice quality is s**t", "There's a massive echo", etc...

Every time I make a call people start moaning and groaning (ahem!) and whatever I do to the settings, I can't seem to boost the quality of the microphone. Anyone got any advice?

p.s. I've tried turning on that bit of software that is sposed to limit the volume of the mic. - when on it just seems to make things worse!!

Thanks

Guest justsomeone

hello all,

..er, actually yes, i do. i don't get it on every call, but out of say ten calls, two people seem to have difficulty hearing my angelic voice. all i do is switch to loudspeaker mode and all is well. haven't yet used loudspeaker out and about in town though... maybe this isn't a solution afteral !

Edited by justsomeone

Guest sprouts42
hello all,

..er, actually yes, i do. i don't get it on every call, but out of say ten calls, two people seem to have difficulty hearing my angelic voice. all i do is switch to loudspeaker mode and all is well. haven't yet use loudspeaker out and about in town though... maybe this isn't a solution afteral !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Theres a loudspeaker mode?

Theres a loudspeaker mode?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Press and hold the green button whilst in call I beleive to active (same again to disengage)

Guest nigidivitch
hello all,

..er, actually yes, i do. i don't get it on every call, but out of say ten calls, two people seem to have difficulty hearing my angelic voice. all i do is switch to loudspeaker mode and all is well. haven't yet use loudspeaker out and about in town though... maybe this isn't a solution afteral !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, that's often what I end up doing, however if you're trying to have a slightly more private conversation (!) - if you're on the train for example - it's not really appropriate to use the loudspeaker, and I also find that i get just as many complaints if I use bluetooth headset (and look like a tit too!) or the stereo headset that comes with the phone...

D'you reckon there might be a patch somewhere out there that can help?!

Guest pizdyetz77

Does anyone know how to have the loudspeaker volume at maximum when you turn it on? Every time I do, it is at half volume.

Any ideas?

Even better, does anyone know how to set a profile whereby speakerphone is the default? It would come in handy not having to press the green button for 3 seconds while driving.

Cheers,

GH

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone else using the Blue Angel get constant complaints from people on the other end of the line saying "I can't hear you", "Can you speak louder?", "Your voice quality is s**t", "There's a massive echo", etc...

Every time I make a call people start moaning and groaning (ahem!) and whatever I do to the settings, I can't seem to boost the quality of the microphone.  Anyone got any advice?

p.s. I've tried turning on that bit of software that is sposed to limit the volume of the mic. - when on it just seems to make things worse!!

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have this problem often it can be caused by accidently covering up the mic. My GF complains that it sounds like im walking in and out of a room while talking. I read a suggestion to change hands which does actually work.

In the end I have devised a complex and highly technical solution. I slide the keypad out. She can here me now better than my office phone!! I just wish the slide was active!

Guest theanarch1st

it can't make things worse as its only for voice notes (by pressing the notes button and recording btw)

it might be your radio ROM version or just the actual version of your phone as I used to get my mates saying i was in an underwater lab or something cause they cudn't hear me, no one has said anything since upgrading though all is excellent ;)