Signal Strength

Guest lycrawearer

Guest lycrawearer

I know it's been discussed before - and the suggestion posted was to change the home page settings which I've tried.

However I've had my SPV for 5 days now, and not once has the signal strength indicator gone above 1 bar ! Tried changing the homescreen as mentioned - that didn't help !

My wife's 8210 on Orange currently gives full strength ... yet the SPV shows only 1 bar ! Doesn't matter what I try - I don't get any higher ! Not dropped a call yet though - which makes me think perhaps the signal strength bar is faulty ?

Now is this the way the SPV has been designed, or is it a bug ? (if so, moderators feel free to move topic to bug section)

Any other users getting more than 1 bar on signal strength ?

lycrawearer

Do you actually get reception? If so isn't that more important than the number of bars? Also notes that the phone has less bars than nokia, so one bar may just mean it ain't got full strength...

Barry

Guest lycrawearer

Barry

Yep - get good signal & reception.

Not had a call drop on me yet .... so no complaints ! Just wondering why my signal strength shows only 1 bar - maybe I'm too used to a Nokia !

Noting what other users have said - I have tried changing the homepage screen - but whatever I change it to - it does not change the reported signal strength on my handset !

lycrawearer