Orange release dates For HTC Universal

Guest beersoft

Guest beersoft

After a nice meeting with Emma at orange today i have found the following nuggets of information out

the M500 is released for business customers as of this week, but the big news is that Orange are testing the HTC Universal and are planning to have freestock (ie in the shop ready for your money) late September/October

Source : me @ www.msmobilenews.com

Guest Pondrew

Good news Beerie.

I'm surprised at the M500 being business only to start with. I mean, sure, they did the same with the M2000 but that's a fully featured PDA...

... I wonder if this is further evidence of the supply lines from HTC not being so strong...

Guest edmund

I've just spoken to Orange business on 345 this morning. The chap said that although he'd be trained on it last week it wasn't yet released on the network. Soon he said...

Does anyone have any other news?

Edmund

Guest creamhackered

Spoke to Orange small business this morning and they confirmed it's not released at the moment and is still in testing/training.

Guest Dade

According to the information that I have just been given, the M500 is not yet ready for release but should be coming out within the next few weeks. (Orange are probably still writing the bugs INTO the operating system! ;))

Also have been told that it will be available to all but Business customers will get priority if there should be supply shortage.

Guest chrisbpr

how much of this is true as these phones are not even listed as coming soon...or are orange trying to surprise us !!!

Guest beersoft

im guessing its all true, as i've seen the "new phones leaflet" that orange direct business have and its on the front page at the top

later

Owen

Guest sleighty

Don't forget the M500 has been "available" on Orange Netherlands site for a few weeks now, also in Switzerland I've read. The official site Orange.nl shows it FREE!!! on a two year contract for the equivalent of about £25 a month. Won't see that here I bet! :evil:

If only we could order off the Dutch.... what's the point of this European Union if we can't get a fair phone deal?

Here's the link (if I've done it right - all new to me this) https://shop.orange.nl/proddet.asp?productb...2909&s=business

Helps you can understand Dutch!

No sign of it in the Orange shop at Trafford Centre Manchester this evening.

Edited by sleighty

• 2 weeks later...
Guest charama

I'm Dutch and my brother bought the phone a month ago. And yes it is for free. Two years, 40 euro a month. And you get also a free bluetooth headset.

Guest jonhitch

I spoke with Orange last week and was informed that the M500 was 'under review' and would be out later in the year. I'm deperate to get this phone and I'm happy it will be offered to personal customers and not just business only!

Guest hunyango_uk

i thought this thread is about htc universal. hmmmmmmm.............. am i lost or......

the topic is on the wrong thread. ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.