Windows Mobile 2005 upgrade

Guest Shop @ MoDaCo

Guest Shop @ MoDaCo

Eten have announced that a Windows Mobile 2005 upgrade will be made available to Eten M500 customers at a 'to be determined' cost.

The ROM portion is essential to allow for device upgrades to the new operating system, and the Eten M500 has 128MB in ROM which is ample enough to allow for the upgrade.

While most device manufacturers are unwilling to provide the upgrade since they will rather have customers spending on their new models, Eten has broken the trend.

What can we say ;)

Guest PayableOnDeath
What can we say  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HTC and Orange do it for the C500 :D

or maybe orange should release the UK update so we can get MP10 ;)

Guest shadamehr
HTC and Orange do it for the C500  ;)

or maybe orange should release the UK update so we can get MP10  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Orange UK can't even manage a WMP10 update for the C500, like the French get, so I seriously doubt we'll see anything from them.

Sorry, I couldn't resist - someone had to say it!

Guest morpheus2702

OK, hypothetical situation:

Orange offers an upgrade for C500 users to WMP10, but doesn't offer an upgrade to Windows Mobile 5.0.

A freely available (but illegal) WM5.0 ROM with the hack to overcome the IMEI signature is easily obtainable, and runs just fine on the C500.

Would you install the WM5.0 ROM (yet invalidate your warranty) or stick with the final WM2003SE ROM with your warranty in place.

This may be hypothetical, but reading comments I can see it becoming reality without much trouble.

• 2 months later...
Guest E_hekhuizen
OK, hypothetical situation:

Orange offers an upgrade for C500 users to WMP10, but doesn't offer an upgrade to Windows Mobile 5.0.

A freely available (but illegal) WM5.0 ROM with the hack to overcome the IMEI signature is easily obtainable, and runs just fine on the C500.

Would you install the WM5.0 ROM (yet invalidate your warranty) or stick with the final WM2003SE ROM with your warranty in place.

This may be hypothetical, but reading comments I can see it becoming reality without much trouble.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

about the warrenty,

I've totally screwed up my C500 with WM 2005 (would only boot till bootloader, wich was protected so coulden't go back to 2003 nor 2005..) so i've went to the orange shop, told them i've messed the thing up playing with roms etc.

they send it off to HTC as a "software problem"

2 weeks later got my c500 back, working fine and with a new front cover (also had the dust removed :o

maybe i was lucky, maybe guys at the repair center don't care and just flash the device (passing all the securety measures i was stuck on..)

just my experience..

E.

orange UK are NOT doing it on any of the existing or new future handsets, including the M5000 3G handset and M1500 handsets

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

excuse-me, but are you telling the M5000 comes without WM5??

excuse-me, but are you telling the M5000 comes without WM5??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is misinformation. All versions of the HTC Universal including the Orange M5000 will ship with Windows Mobile 5 or I'll eat my hat (it's a black felt cowboy type :o )

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.