Ebuyer wifi card

Guest 6thElement

pretty annoying about eBuyer discontinuing this item. I suspect it's a long term supply problem from Safecom rather than Ebuyer deciding to drop it because of quality issues. Everyone seems to like this device here.

Has anyone tried the USBTECH alternative yet with an M500?

http://www.usbtech.co.uk/catalog/product_i...products_id/327

I suppose the alternative is eBay. Some of these have ridiculous postage costs though.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/sdio-wireless

a better eBay search term as recommended by ah5150

http://search.ebay.co.uk/sd-wifi

James

Edited by jwexqm

Guest zippy172

I've been in touch with my newly appointed B2B account manager at eBuyer and she tells me the item hasn't been discontinued, they are simply out of stock. They should be back in stock within the next 4 to 5 weeks...

I've been in touch with my newly appointed B2B account manager at eBuyer and she tells me the item hasn't been discontinued, they are simply out of stock.  They should be back in stock within the next 4 to 5 weeks...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

bought a safecom one off ebuyer - glad i did now cos 4-5 weeks is too long.

works well atm - wanna watch movies (600-1400mb divxs) on my m500, using Resco file explorer to map n/w drives atm and tcpmp to play but it's jittery and i'm virtually on top of my router (netgear dg834gt). any alternatives w/out reprocessing the divx?

this may be a noob question..

but ive got my card set up, im connected to my router..but when i try to use the net it keeps trying to connect to GPRS..

[EDIT] got it working now..had to set it to access point only for some strange reason..

still, if anyone knows of free software to stream stuff from my pc it would be good

Edited by Br1an_g

any alternatives w/out reprocessing the divx?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i converted mine using VideoCharge to wmv format, which has an option for PPC output at 225kbit

so stream via media player, which lets you type in network addresses.

or i browse via resco and open it on the network..

• 4 months later...
Guest chalkie14
If only the Jam had a CF port - hate that about my Jam, got a 2gb CF card and a 1GB sd card! Would be nice to wifi stuff from the network onto my CF

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sandisk do Wifi SD cards that have memory on them too, 128 and 256MB if I remember correctly.....eBay?.......

Graham

Guest chucky.egg

AFAIK the SanDisk WLAN+RAM cards are now out of production.

You may find people still have some stock, but they were pretty thin on the ground 6 months ago when I was looking.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

2 quick questions:

1.Can anyone confirm that there are Windows Mobile 5 Drivers available for this card? I cant find any.....or do the drivers work for another os or manufacturer?

2.Also has anyone had any luck using this card in an MDA Compact II (or is the hardware and software identical to a Magician?) (If so can you post your Rom details so i can compere?)

Thanks in advance

fUNKUS

(fourth card lucky!)

EDIT: I know taht the hardware is different now....any news on WM5 drivers?

Edited by fUNKUS

Guest chalkie14
AFAIK the SanDisk WLAN+RAM cards are now out of production.

You may find people still have some stock, but they were pretty thin on the ground 6 months ago when I was looking.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I found this too, but after several weeks trying I've managed to pick up a 256MB/Wifi one on eBay. Beware though, it sticks out a considerable distance so its not something to have in permanently.

Graham

• 2 months later...