Orange - Where's the update already?!?

Guest ddieter

Guest chigwa

I have the new rom from orange UK version and have installed it - only difference i see at the moment is windows media player 10 and they have changed the set up for bluetooth ports.

Guest stunno
I have posted the question of UK availability on the Orange Partners website forum after getting the bum's rush from the basic customer services / data services wallahs.

I'm just nipping out for a pint or ten, but imagine they will have responded with glad tidings of joy by the time I get home.

Or not.

If I get home...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Must have been a good night!

Can someone check with Coventry Police or the hospitals to see if they have Stu?

Guest Pondrew
Must have been a good night!

Can someone check with Coventry Police or the hospitals to see if they have Stu?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hehe :)

Guest Disco Stu

Afternoon guys !

Thanks for your concern, Stunno. I'm fine.

Optimism went the same way as my clear head but then it is the weekend and I don't suppose Orange Developers are still at the coal face, so to speak.

May as well go back to the pub and wait for Monday morning :)

Guest stunno
Afternoon guys !

Thanks for your concern, Stunno. I'm fine.

Optimism went the same way as my clear head but then it is the weekend and I don't suppose Orange Developers are still at the coal face, so to speak.

May as well go back to the pub and wait for Monday morning  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well its Wednesday night now, and still no sign of Stu :shock:

I'm really starting to worry! this is 5 days on the lash!!!!

Even if he does turn up now he will probably be incoherent!

Or he may have been grabbed by Orange when he was in a stupour for asking awkward questions, if so I hope they have a good supply of breath mints :)

Edited by stunno

Guest Disco Stu

You know. Another night; another pub quiz.

Came second tonight but big improvement on last night when we came last.

Where were we ?....

Posted my question on the Orange Partners forum. Got a nice reply from another punter supporting my query. Added another post to the thread expanding on my original point.

Have just checked. Responses from Orange employees = Nil.

I'll give them a bit more time and I'll be happy to have at least a 'shut up go away' type response. At least then I'll know where I stand.

It's at times like this I like to recall what Bob Geldoff said (via BBC) to the Ethiopian government.

"Flipping grow up !"

(I may have misquoted the fella there..)

I'm 44 years old. I don't have time for these peoples' games.

:)

Guest stunno

Its good to see you've no ill effects from a week on the lash, Stu!!

Ahh! 44 I can almost remember what it was like to be 44 and its only 2 years ago! I'm sure these mobiles scramble my brains, but it seems like its pointless asking Orange about it!

Keep up the good work :)

Guest spark9990

I am so sick and tired of orange. I bought the c500 thinking its gonna be a great phone; how wrong was i. its crap as a mp3 player because of the dreaded tss. the joystick is too big. there is no multipress capabiitie with joystick and numbers. the camera is crap. orange wont bring out regular updates and software is just generally crap.

as soon as my contract is over i'm going back to sony ericsson, i doubt orange improves in 6 months.

Guest ddieter

I agree spark9990, the C500 HAS been a big let down!

I got the original SPV because it was the first on the market with an MP3 player (correct me if I'm wrong) and had a great calender. Now just about every new mobile has that functionality.

I also figured that being windows powered, there would be a ton of free software available for it. While there is a lot of great software out there...you bloody have to pay for almost all of it. I don't know about you, but I'm not shelling out £7 - £10 a pop each time I want a piece of software!

I don't mean to sound ungrateful to those companies and individuals that have come out with freeware for the Smartphone....keep up the good work fellas! =D>

But just look at the freeware for the pocketpc....there is a way better selection.

I too think my Smartphone days may be coming to an end. I may consider the Jam2 when it comes out...but if that looks like it is a ways away...it will be back to Sony-Erikkson for me as well.

Guest Disco Stu

Yeah whatever.

You'll be back :)

On a happier note, looks like my ill-tempered intervention has produced the required result :D

Apologies as appropriate