ROM Upgrade for i-mate™ JAM

Guest Disco Stu

Guest Disco Stu

From the Club i-mate website :

Device Support - ROM Upgrade for i-mate™ JAM

This page contains the latest Operating Systems for the i-mate™ JAM device. Future releases of the software will be posted on this page for i-mate™ customers, so keep it bookmarked!

We currently have the following ROM images available and may be used to upgrade earlier devices. All languages will soon be available as:

Rom version 1.12.00

Radio version 1.12.10

(Updated!) ExtROM version 1.12.128 (WWE)

(Updated!) ExtROM version 1.12.149 ( Arabic )

(Updated!) ExtROM version 1.12.122 (Portuguese)

Note: this upgrade is only applicable if your device is already in Portuguese

(Updated!) ExtROM version 1.12.125 (French)

Note: this upgrade is only applicable if your device is already in French

(Updated!) ExtROM version 1.12.131 (UK)

All language versions will be migrated to ROM 1.12.00 and available from this page very soon...

Rom version 1.11.00

Radio version 1.11.00

ExtROM version 1.11.210 (North American 850-only model)

Rom version 1.06.00

Radio version 1.05.00

ExtROM version 1.06.168 (Spanish)

Note: this upgrade is only applicable if your device is already in Spanish

Ext ROM version 1.11.194 (Italian)

Note: this upgrade is only applicable if your device is already in Italian

Fixes:

ROM builds with radio versions 1.05.00 and 1.10.00 all include audio enhancements for voice calls. Radio build 1.11.00 includes improved support for Cell Broadcast and SIM Toolkit applications. With radio 1.12.10 we have improved the settings for the echo cancellation to remove the phenomenon of "double talk", where a person calling a JAM customer will experience a minor echo if the other person is also talking at the same time.

All new builds contain the improved camera driver and fix for "No Bluetooth Hardware" bug. ROM builds 1.11.00 also includes a new MMS client for improved network compatability and an upgrade to the Operating System. 1.12.00 ROM builds should also reduce the "Cannot Connect" problem experienced by some customers.

The North American 850 build includes support for more T-Mobile SIM subscriptions. These settings are all available as separate operator CAB settings files for download from this site.

Haven't had chance to install it myself yet. As usual, it took several goes to download what I assume is the full installer at 43.2MB rather than the 44.3MB stated for the WWE English version.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.