faulty joystick

Guest rodrigoperu

Guest rodrigoperu

Hi guys, I've got an sp2 (aka e200, etc) and for a while now the joystick has been acting up. When I press down it sometimes moves to the right.

I'm not sure, but I could almost swear that it has gotten worse since the hard reset (I had to hard reset the phone because of a problem with the SD slot)

Since the hard reset, like I said; I could almost swear that it has gotten worse. When I try to scroll down on an SMS for example, it will take me to the next message (as if I had pressed right, instead of down) Or when I'm playing a game, it will move the character to the right instead of down.

And sometimes it will also happen that when I try to scroll down, for example to scroll on the home screen, it will instead activate the "action" function (selecting something by pressing on the joystick)

that is becoming increasingly annoying as it slows me down because the phone takes me to different menus/options than the ones I'm looking for... or selects actions that I actually don't want.

Has anyone else experienced this? is there a fix for it?

Thanks in advance!

Guest russbeer
Has anyone else experienced this? is there a fix for it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've had the same problem, fortunately it was still in warranty so i took it back to carphone warehouse, where their guys couldn't fix it, it needed to be sent to the manaufacturer and took almost 6 weeks to fix!!! Pi$$take!

• 1 month later...
Guest Geeklord

I'm havin the same problem now also with my Voyager.

Here are a few learnings from the same problem ever since SAP1

Never put it in tight pockets. the pressure on the joystick isn't very healthy for its function.

Try to avoid joystick heavy games.

Never let your 4-year-old son play with your phone.

As a remedy to our shared inconvenience (not really a fix, but it gets the joystick going again)

Try pulling on it outwards, you'll feel a slight popping or clicking.

Also, try moving it around in all directions, sort of like an exercise.

In some cases, turning off the phone does the trick.

Hope that helps. cheers.