3gp Video Player

Guest kool808

Guest kool808

Is there an available 3gp Video Player for a SAP SmartPhone?

Are there any available links for a website?

SPECIFICATIONS:

• Network Type GSM
  • Video MPEG-4, H.263
  • Audio AAC, AMR
  • Text 3G Text
  • File Extension .3gp

Any help is very much appreciated. :)

Guest cold_fire

SPECIFICATIONS:

• Network Type  GSM 

• Video              MPEG-4, H.263 

• Audio              AAC, AMR 

• Text                3G Text 

• File Extension    .3gp

Any help is very much appreciated.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Windows Media Player 10 ,or BS Player from Ace Mega Codecs Pack 6.03 .

Guest cold_fire
where can i download Windows Media Player 10 ?

How about BS Player from Ace Mega Codecs Pack 6.03 ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. Windows Media Player 10 can b downloaded from the Microsoft site ,and it needs XP as OS to run .

2. Ace Mega Codecs Pack is a codec package and contains as well players and other utilities .Enter on google type it's name and u'll find a lot of sites to download it from .I cannot give u a direct link as it may b against the forum regulations .Hope it helps !!! :)

Edited by cold_fire

Guest cold_fire
I think he is asking for a player for Smartphone, not desktop :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ya it looks u guys r right ,i understood wrong . :D

Guest kool808

hi guys just found the best video player for my SAP. I just downloaded the stable version of BetaPlayer and works fine on my phone it runs .3gp files and many other more video formats.

Guest kool808

That is correct! The video works great however there is no audio on it. :D

Got this error No Audio Codec (AMR, 0057) I had downloaded this setup file mpegableDSdecoder-setup.exe, which stated it will restore Audio Codec however still no joy on it still NO AUDIO! I don't even know how to use the setup file. :)

Guest martin

SPECIFICATIONS:

• Network Type  GSM 

• Video              MPEG-4, H.263 

• Audio              AAC, AMR 

• Text                3G Text 

• File Extension    .3gp

Any help is very much appreciated.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You will need the latest Betaplayer (now called TCPMP)

The software is still in testing stage but it now includes AMR :D

http://www.modaco.com/TCPMP_Test_Downloads-t221236.html

• 5 months later...
Guest Geeklord

I was messing around with my phone's registry and I was able to play .aac or .m4a or mp4 (mpeg-4) audio thru the IA camera software not the WMP. As I have really very little idea what I'm fiddling around with, I'll double check what I have altered and get back to you. I'm testing mp4 (for iPOD video) files as we speak to see if they run.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Duomaxwell02M

Speaking of TCPMP, it's indeed wonderful! But it seems that it can't detect *.wmv files. The CoreCodec website & the other members of Modaco say that it can play the above mentioned files, but they're unable to determine the name of the plug-in file that I have to download.I use the latest version,0.71 on my Smart Amazing Phone 1,w/ Windows Mobile 2002. Any ideas? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks! :)

Guest jameswil
Speaking of TCPMP, it's indeed wonderful! But it seems that it can't detect *.wmv files. The CoreCodec website & the other members of Modaco say that it can play the above mentioned files, but they're unable to determine the name of the plug-in file that I have to download.I use the latest version,0.71 on my Smart Amazing Phone 1,w/ Windows Mobile 2002. Any ideas? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PM SIR BRAGOL...

for the big help on it..

Guest Geeklord

Open TCPMP, Menu Settings(right soft key), Select Page (right soft key again) and select file associations. Check WMV or all if you wish.

Also, www.tcpmp.com lists the container, video and audioi codec it supports. try to get the properties of your file to see which encoders were used.

Cheers.

I tried to force TCPMP to play AAC audio codec by fiddling around with registry keys--don't! Take my word for it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Duomaxwell02M

Thanks for all the help bout playing .wmv files in TCPMP. I have been busy for a while so I've just been able to reply today. My story ends happily,though I couldn't still play .wmv files ( audio codec Windows Media Player 9,video codec WMP 8 ) after following all your advice,I just simply converted all my video files into DiVX files through Pocket DiVX Converter. The video plays smoother and it sounds better.So I recommend you also to convert your video into DiVX,you won't regret it!

MORE QUESTIONS...

1)Any way I have another TCPMP related question: does TCPMP really drain your battery quickly? I've only been playing videos for less than 10 minutes and suddenly my battery loses an entire bar of its life (15-20 %).Or do I have to replace my SAP1's battery,since the battery hasnt been replaced since late 2002? My standby time only lasts about 2 days at the most,but I believe its really less than 48 hrs.

2)This is a longshot,but what the hell. Do you know of any program that could install a radio into a SAP1? Without having to hook-up the phone into the PC of course? Thanks again. MABUHAY WWW.MODACO.PH !

Edited by Duomaxwell02M

Guest Geeklord

TCPMP drains battery all right, specially for video. But it's expected-- your screen is on, your phone memory is running and speakers/phones need power, too. but I find that it's still more conservative than WMP. Even an iPod pales in contrast to TCPMP.

As for the radio, some guy hot wired one of those cheap radio tuners to his headphones and it works. try a search for it, but it's fairly old. around a couple of years back.

Guest Duomaxwell02M

Thanks for all the advice. And Geeklord is right. With a Smartphone and TCPMP installed, who needs an iPod? :D That's why I consider the SPV the LAST phone you'll ever need. Now if they could only find a way to install AutoCAD in a Smartphone... :)