App/SIm Unlock SPVC500

Guest dan5001

Guest dan5001

Hi Guys :)

As you can see, I'm new to this stuff as I only got my C500 recently & haven't yet had chance to play with it.

I've read through as many threads as I can find about this topic & I'm just confused. There's so much information & so many different ways of doing things that I don't know what to do or where to go to get the software to do it.

I think I've managed to get a prog to unlock the SIM (SPV Services) but I can't install it coz my phone says I don't have authorisation! So I looked for some way to get authorisation; I believe this is called App Unlocking?

However, I'm having problems. I found one thread that said I could go to an Orange site & disable the security but that didn't seem to do anything so I spent hours trying to find another way & have come up blank.

Please could someone help? All I want to do is the following:

SIM Unlock? (so I can use a SIM card for a network other than Orange)

App Unlock? (so I can install progs)

Maybe install a theme/wallpaper

Find an app that let me set reminders that will go off at a certain time on a certain date & that can be edited when they go off to remind you again if you weren't ready for the first one (I hope that makes sense coz it's something the calender on my Nokia 6310i did (set meeting/call reminders) & I'm still having to carry it about just for that at the mo).

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it coz I'm getting a bit overwhelmed with all the information & not having anyone to discuss things with.

Cheers.

Dan :shock:

Guest Madeye

I know you say you've tried but this really is a bonafide (not really great use of the word i know) way of app unlocking your phone so here it is again -

OTA unlock instructions

Follow them carefully and you shouldn't go wrong.

Don't attempt to fix your other problems until you have the app unlock sorted... that's my opinion anyway. I don't necessarily recommend you listen to it tho.

Good luck!

EDIT: changed a ; to a ' fun fun fun.

File attachment removed. As far as I know, the file was leaked from Orange. Thanks for understanding.

Edited by pzee

Guest dan5001
I know you say you've tried but this really is a bonafide (not really great use of the word i know) way of app unlocking your phone so here it is again -

OTA unlock instructions

Follow them carefully and you shouldn't go wrong.

OK. So I've followed this link again:

http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdefq.aspx

& checked "Disable Certificate Security" > clicked "Proceed" > checked "I Agree" on Legal Statement page > clicked "OK" > completed all relevant details (inc. IMEI no.) on Update Handset page & then clicked "OK" underneath the pre-checked "Disable Certificate Security On My Handset". This then takes me to a blank white page that just says "Done" on the bar at the bottom of my browser window.

Is that last page supposed to do something or give me some information? I did try the original link & that took me through more or less the same pages but still did nothing. Am I missing something or is this whole thing just not working correctly? I have had absolutely nothing sent to my phone or my e-mail address (I thought at one point that this process might be sending an e-mail to Orange CS & I would get an e-mail response from them but I haven't heard anything).

What's going on????

Dan

Guest dan5001

Cheers Pzee,

I hope I can get this to work coz after my last effort, I had to find out about performing a hard rest etc coz I screwed my phone up somehow.

i'll let you know how I go.

Dan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest naturalgoodness
Thanks for your help.  I've now managed to app/SIM unlock my phone using the Orange developers tool that I e-mailed Orange for.

Thanks again.

Dan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does anyone know where I can download a copy of this tool? I have emailed Orange a number of times but they have never got back to me.

Guest dan5001
Does anyone know where I can download a copy of this tool? I have emailed Orange a number of times but they have never got back to me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately, you can't just download a copy because each tool is specific to any one phones IMEI number & thus only works for that phone.

I e-mailed them on:

[email protected]

Hope that helps.

Dan

• 4 weeks later...
Guest alcalina

dont work here i have smt5600 but i cant run almost any software

the message

"acess denied. the program cannot start because its not digitally signed with a trusted certificate"

i know what i want run :o

tks very muchany way to force run?

i take the orange tool but dont work here

and i´m sure the imei is correct

Edited by alcalina

tks very muchany way to force run?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't think ther's any way to force your phone to install software. With the C500, it's Orange's way of "protecting" your phone form you being able to do what you want with it! :x