Magneto Homescreen 1.2

Guest tyler200298

Guest johnwalk

The screenshots look excellent! I loaded this on my Audiovox SMT 5600 and the text in each of the rows was not visible. Do you know how to fix this?

Cheers

Guest tonijj
The screenshots look excellent! I loaded this on my Audiovox SMT 5600 and the text in each of the rows was not visible. Do you know how to fix this?

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have the same problem :) I really love the skin and would like to use it, so if there is a fix, please PM me.

Btw, Im running it on a Qtek 8010 (SPV500) with 2003 2nd Ed.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tonijj

Here's a dump of how it looks on mine, and the issues are:

1. Profile does not display in full.

2. Tasks shows appointments not tasks.

3. Appointments line shows Carrier.

And the last row isnt correct either I think.

ss000.bmp

Guest confused and hungover

do you have the oxios plugin installed? if thats not the problem, maybe someone could post the Xml file and i'll show you how to move the icons up slightly

Guest tonijj
do you have the oxios plugin installed? if thats not the problem, maybe someone could post the Xml file and i'll show you how to move the icons up slightly

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, its installed already, I'll post the xml and the jpg file for you, thanks for taking time having a look at this c&H :)

Cheers

post-135228-1122471849_thumb.jpg

Magneto_1.2.home.xml

Yeah, its installed already, I'll post the xml and the jpg file for you, thanks for taking time having a look at this c&H :)

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i can see where the problem is, gimmie a minute to sort it out

Guest tonijj
sorted..... see attached

EDIT: best i can work out, the carrier plugin was geared up for something italian. works now though

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Took you long enough :)

Jokes aside, thanks a bunch c&h!!! Highly appreciated. The profile is still short though, it only shows half the word, i.e. "Norm" but I can live with that, the rest looks great, thanks again! Just love this forum with fellow "smarphoner's" help each other out.

Cheers!

Added: C&H: Is there a way that the todo-list section could be linked to papyrus instead? I dont wanna have two apps for the diff. fields in the h-screen, I rather just utilize papyrus, is it possible?

Edited by tonijj

papyrus, is it possible?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i can fix the profile width... you'll have to enlighten me a bit about papyrus though, i never used it... is it freeware?

Guest tonijj
profile width is now ok  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Papyrus is not freeware, but a great app though, info here

But I dropped the Papyrus thoughts on this homescreen because I never use Tasks anyway, I put everything as appointments, much easier, faster etc etc.

However, I'd love to replace the task plugin with Fizz Traveller. I did some copy and pasting from another .xml file that has Fizz as a plugin, to this one, but ehh, I realized Im not speaking "xml'ish" :D

I'll post the little part for Fizz Traveller for you, and if you know how to replace it with the task plugin (making it actually look good too) I'd be a happy camper :D

Lets just say that when I tried it, it didnt fit as well as I thought it would lol

Fizz:

<!-- FizzTraveller Plugin -->

i have no experience with this plugin either but you could try changing the heights as below:

<plugin file="sysplug.dll" clsid="{E09043DF-510E-4841-B652-388316977A7A}" height="5">

</plugin>

<plugin clsid="{30DF3430-1998-0509-BAA6-00AA003E0EED}" name="TravellerPlugin" height="15" hilighttoday="true">

</plugin>

</home>
OR

<plugin file="sysplug.dll" clsid="{E09043DF-510E-4841-B652-388316977A7A}" height="11">

</plugin>

<plugin clsid="{30DF3430-1998-0509-BAA6-00AA003E0EED}" name="TravellerPlugin" height="17" hilighttoday="true">

</plugin>

</home>

other than that, post a screen shot of a screen with working fizz traveler and i can try and work something out :??:

that plugin will never fit in the space where oxios was unless you heavily redesign the homescreen or make fizz really really... tiny

Guest tonijj
that plugin will never fit in the space where oxios was unless you heavily redesign the homescreen or make fizz really really... tiny

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lets make it tiny then :)

alrighty, i need to get hold of fizz traveler then... is it free? i installed fizz traveler which is a trial program, does this come with the plugin?

Guest tonijj
alrighty, i need to get hold of fizz traveler then... is it free? i installed fizz traveler which is a trial program, does this come with the plugin?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah the trial comes with the plugin as well.

Yeah the trial comes with the plugin as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

can't get it to work on my phone... all i can suggest is you edit the size of the font in the xml file down to about 8 or 9 points...

also, from what i can see the plugin instals about 30 jg's in a folder in documents/aplication data/home/traveler. these Jpg's define how big the cloud/sun/rain symols are on the home screen. you could individually edit the jpegs to make them smaller (about 3 or 4 times smaller) then, leaving them in the same file with the same names, they will be displayed considerably smaller on the screen, you should then be able to have a reasonably large font size for days of the week and temp :D

hope that makes sense :D :)

Guest tonijj

Oh my....guess its time to find another homescreen then :)

Too bad, really loved this one!

But thanks again c&h, really appreciate your help!

Guest tonijj
don't fancy re sizing the Jpg's then?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll see if I give it a try later on after work, not too enthusiastic about it though, but I'll let you know

I'll see if I give it a try later on after work, not too enthusiastic about it though, but I'll let you know

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you'll be well chuffed if you get it to work

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.