iPhone

Guest nikjensie

Guest nikjensie

iPhone.gif

The Backdrops: (There's more if anyone is interested)

pc_capture14.jpgpc_capture15.jpgpc_capture16.jpgpc_capture17.jpgpc_capture18.jpg

File Name :: Nickosv3

Author :: Nicko

Category :: Computer

To Install :: Run the CAB from your phone

Description ::

Basically my new and current homescreen. Fits all MY needs, hopefully it will work for some of you guys too.

It's made originally as a Mac-screen but I supplied a couple of my 33 other backdrops that I use the awesome ThemeChanger to switch between every 2 hours. In the PLUS version I added the Smartmonitor screen when you scroll one step after Appointments, but I have yet to solve a smooth transition back up without everything getting screwed up, so I usually just press Start and then Home to go back, sorry 'bout that.

PLUGINS that needs to be installed before use:

HILAlarm

SmartMonitor (PLUS-version only)

These are the features/plugins used in order:

Time & Date

HILAlarm

SMS/e-Mail

Carrier

MRU

Calendar

PLUS-version:

Smart Monitor for Storage Card, Storage, RAM, Battery and Signal

ENJOY!

EDIT: Sorry for the inconvenience. Added a CAB-file instead.

iPhone.CAB

Edited by nikjensie

Guest bauer

cant seem to get this to work, keep getting the error message

'No homescreen layouts can be found. Install a valid homescreen layout and then select it using the homescreen item in Settings'.

Could you please make this a .cab file.

Brilliant homescreen by the way

Guest nikjensie

That was embarrassing, sorry about that. I can see what's going on, give a minute or 2 and I will put together a CAB for you...

Nik

Guest nikjensie

There you go! Edited the post and added a CAB-file. Try it and let me know if you run into any problems. If anyone can suggest how to get back from the SmartMonitor screen without scrolling through the plugins feel free to post. Also, the MRU was initially planned to be a RJShortcut but as far as I can figure out, it won't let you show one icon at a time... again, if anyone knows different, let me know!

Nik

Guest bauer

Thanks for fixing the cab file, unfortunately there is still one small problem, the actual appointment doesnt line up with the bar at the bottom.

Other than that theres no problems.

EDITED

Found another error, the icon of the last used program does not line up with the box provided.

Also is there a way of opening one of the background images in photoshop and being able to adjust them to my own tastes? i cant seem to find any jpeg files

Edited by bauer

Guest bauer

Heres another background ive made using your layout, if anyone like me is a fan of japanese animation they''l appreciate this, its a little tacky but the best i could do in 5mins.

post-50896-1120471685_thumb.jpg

Edited by bauer

Guest nikjensie

Nice going. I noticed that you're missing the line between datebar and the background so I just though I'd make it easier for you. I attached the template I use when I change backgrounds...

HomeMall2.rar

Edited by nikjensie

Guest Big_Dogg123

Hey. I'm lovin the look of this theme. I'm in the middle of installing it now. Can you upload all the other backdrops you have m8? In order to edit the background, do you just have to put your new desired image over the background in the psd file (Being careful only to cover the actual background bit)? Or is there an easier way just to put a new image in the background area?

Not sure if you understand what I'm asking, but any reply would be much appreciated!

Guest Big_Dogg123

Just installed the theme. I must admit, I love it! Brilliant work dude! How does the bottom program thing work? Are the programs just the most recently used programs, in order? If you're able to pass those other backdrops on, or give a quick explanation of how to edit it, it'd be great!

Cheers!

Guest nikjensie

Well, if you want to use the PLUS version, just go into Settings/Home Screen and select it, it installs with the regular homescreen, but remember to install SmartMonitor plugin first.

If you want to put your own background on there, just open the PSD in Photoshop, and put your background as the bottom layer... align if needed. If you're unsure, send me the pic you want as background and I will work it out for you.

You are correct, it's the MRU (Most Recently Used) plugin and personally I edit the registry so it works more like a shortcutlist at startup. I wanted to have something like RJShortcut there but it doesn't support showing only 1 icon at the time.

I'm happy you like it.

I will try to upload a couple more backdrops later this weekend.

Guest bauer

I noticed Big_Dogg123 was a counter strike fan so i made a quick css background, couldnt find a better a picture.

Ive also added another Bleach anime background for anyone whos interested.

post-50896-1120988999_thumb.jpg

post-50896-1120989015_thumb.jpg

Guest Big_Dogg123

I have a suggestion: Could you make the text of the selected item on the homescreen either a brighter colour, or bold? Its just that it can be hard to see what item you scrolled to on the homescreen. Maybe its just me that is bothered by this. I just really like this theme, so I'm trying to help improve it as much as possible!

Also, what's the easiest way to replace the background image with one of my own in PS?

Again, great work m8!

Edited by Big_Dogg123

There is a slight bug - when you scroll down with highlighter to the last item on the screen next press of [arrow down] cursor shows smart monitor screen, if you try to come back to the main screen with [arrow up] it creates pretty mess of text layer scrolling back through the background picture (see image). Question is:

Is there any way to make smart menu screen appear as first item on [cursor up] for quick access, lock [cursor up] and come back to main screen with [cursor down] I think it would fix the scroll bug and add quick functionality - one key access to smartmon

Snap002.jpg

Guest nikjensie

Not really a bug since I mentioned it in the original post. I don't think there's a way to do what we want so I usually just press the left Soft Key twice when I want to get back to the original state.

Like I said, it's optional...

Sorry, I haven't gotten around to upload more backgrounds or the highlight color, but it's on the to do list... hopefully withing the next 24 hrs...

Guest Big_Dogg123

I tried putting my own image in as the background. I used a wallpaper, which, naturally, has a huge resolution in comparison to that on the SPV C500 screen. My problem is that when I copied and pasted the part of the image I wanted, it remained the same size as in the original image, which meant only a tiny part of the image was visible. I know this is a Photoshop question, but anyway... Is there a quick way to cut part of an image out, then paste it just to fill the size of the screen. I suppose the obvious way would be to cut the image, then copy and paste the part I need as a new image, save that image, then resize it and paste it back into the iPhone template.

Guest Big_Dogg123

This is the first chance I've actually had to mess about with my phone in donkeys and I'm just realising you included those 4 extra homescreens in the CAB. LOL.

Guest Big_Dogg123

Well I just used the method I mentioned above, and it doesn't take that long after all - maybe a minute or two. LOL. And here's the result:

kellybrookiphone6ff.jpg

Just a quick homescreen I made of Kelly Brooke.