Does the Magician suffer from dust?

Guest Confused Stu

Guest Confused Stu

Hi guys. Do you believe, I've got almost 400 posts and this is my second topic I've started! Guess I've been slack in that respect....

My contract on my C500 is up on 18th August (exactly a year after the first Orange shops got their deliveries) and I'm seriously taken by the M500 after having a two minute play on a T-mobile MDA Compact.

BUT I'm really worried about getting another HTC phone with a dust problem. My original SPV suffered from dust, but was easy to strip so it wasn't a problem. The C500 suffers just as badly, but is much harder to strip (as evidenced by my guide having been downloaded about 3000 times!). I've spent my time stripping my toys to get rid of dust and really don't want to do it with my next one - so can the people who've owned Magician's for a while please tell me if HTC finally have a dust-free environment? Thanks.

P.S. I'm also in discussions with the better half to be allowed to get the M500 on 18th August. She thinks I should wait until after our wedding on 20th August as otherwise I'll spend the whole honeymoon playing with it. Sadly, she may have a point....... :oops:

Guest Disco Stu

I'm trying to block out thinking about your honeymoon night.... :)

...but I haven't seen a speck of dust under the screen of my Jam.

Then again I haven't had the problem with either of the C500s I've owned.

With a big screen like what the Jam has you'll need to clean it every once in a while, but that's to be expected.

Seriously though, best wishes to you and your lovely bride :D

Guest MitchellO

Yeah, my Mini is fine too. Yes, you need to clean the screen from fingerprints, but nothing you need to disassemble it over.

Guest Confused Stu

So it looks like the Magician is a sahara free zone! Excellent! Thanks a lot for the replies guys, I think I have a date with an M500 when my contract ends...

:)

Also, thanks for the best wishes for the wedding. I really am ridiculously excited about it and am only just managing not to put the wedding website address on here to show off just how far out of my league she is! :D

Guest Disco Stu

Stu, you did put the website address up here somewhere.

I've been building up the courage to ask if she has a sister :D :)

Guest Confused Stu

She does Stu - and the sister has 18 stone of husband! [-X

You're right, I'd forgotten that I put the address on previously. Like I said, I am ridiculously excited about this! The best comparison I can come up with is this:

Imagine you've always driven dodgy 10 year old Fiesta's. Suddenly someone hands you the keys to a Ferrari and tells you it's yours. I SO want to show her off before the auditors notice and take her away, but after 2 and a half years I'm starting to wonder if maybe I do get to keep her?

OK, I admit I'm very sad :) and I'll stop this thread before it runs any further off-topic! Thanks for the best wishes, and you'll be pleased to know I won't my attempt at a website on anyone!

Guest peekie

My Qtek S100 is also dust free , the only problem ive ever had with pocket pc phones is if your battery runs out and you forget to charge it the phone looses all the memory and when its restarted it hard resets its self , dont forget the charger like i did when i went on my hols :D apart from that its a good phone , only wish the photos were better :) :D

Guest Confused Stu

Mitchell0, thanks for the reassurance. With all the stuff I'm reading about the Magician I want this phone NOWWWWW!!!!!! :D It's not fair that I have to wait for my contract to end....

Peekie - thanks for the advice. I appreciate it but it shouldn't be a problem for me as I can't even remember the last time my phone was off for longer than 20 seconds. I'm too much of a gadget freak - I break out into a cold sweat if I try to leave the house without Little Stewie. :)

Edited by Confused Stu

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rav1patel

Why wait till august? I got my C500 on 13 August last year, called Orange yesterday and got my M500 upgrade which should be arriving on Monday.

Guest Confused Stu

I didn't wait either. Ordered my M500 last night through the link on CoolSmartPhone - on pretty much the same contract as I'm on it was free compared to £100 through Orange. Weird! :-k

Now I'm just waiting for Mr Postman to deliver it.... and my 2Gb card.... and my screen protector.... and my SD Wi-Fi card... my credit card was a busy little bunny last night.... :)

Guest MitchellO
I didn't wait either.  Ordered my M500 last night through the link on CoolSmartPhone - on pretty much the same contract as I'm on it was free compared to £100 through Orange.  Weird!  :-k

Now I'm just waiting for Mr Postman to deliver it.... and my 2Gb card.... and my screen protector.... and my SD Wi-Fi card... my credit card was a busy little bunny last night.... :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A 2GB SD! Nice :D

Guest Confused Stu

Just had a chance to check my mail, and it was despatched this morning to be delivered tomorrow before 12. Can't wait! :)