M500 Bug?

Guest Dade

Guest confused and hungover
I had this problem on the M1000 for a while. Each time I put the device in the cradle and run active sync it would send about 5 text messages. I had to delete the outbox all the time!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what really googles my noodle, is how these kind of problems seem to be intermitant... sometimes, for no apparent reason, the phone just thinks "ooh, i know... i thnk i'll send 27 text messages for no reason whatsoever". then, having got it out of its system, it can go on quite happily for a few weeks/months untill the urge returns....

Guest confused and hungover

Bug #2??

Saturday night my phone hard reset itself for no reason whatsoever. Strange I know but not the end of the world… when it had finished rebooting and reinstalling all its software, it hard reset itself again!!

This went on for the whole of Saturday night, nothing I could do could make it stop resetting. Sunday morning the same thing was happening, I tried taking out the battery, swapping sims, shouting at it etc… nothing worked. Eventually I called my orange premier service, and they arranged to delver a new M500 to my work this morning.

This morning the phone is working fine again. Anyone ever hear of this before?

Edited by confused and hungover

OK guys, I got a reply from Orange about the GPRS issue.

"We have checked with HTC and this is a know Microsoft issue. They are working on getting this fixed but no timescales at this time."

I would have thought that the problem was down to the radio stack, given that other RS versions seem to cure the problem. Is the RS not down to HTC??

Guest Pondrew
OK guys, I got a reply from Orange about the GPRS issue.

I would have thought that the problem was down to the radio stack, given that other RS versions seem to cure the problem. Is the RS not down to HTC??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm. Does sound a bit convenient just passing the blame. How come they can get it right in some of their Smartphones and Pocket PC Phones and not others?!

The biggest bug i've found with the M500 is that they can't get their act together to release it...  :roll:

Thats not a bug - its an 'exclusive feature'!