JAVOedge Screen Protectors M500, JAM

Guest Dade

Guest BawBagg

ermmmm - I hope I'm not appearing philistine, but can someone explain the benefit of these (apparently fairly expensive) protectors, over the ones available in UK from pdamods.com??

Guest Russell@home
ermmmm - I hope I'm not appearing philistine, but can someone explain the benefit of these (apparently fairly expensive) protectors, over the ones available in UK from pdamods.com??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The pdamods.com ones are more expensive than the JavoEdge ones. I make it £8.77 inc shipping to the UK against £8.21 for just the protector alone.

Guest ezman
The pdamods.com ones are more expensive than the JavoEdge ones. I make it £8.77 inc shipping to the UK against £8.21 for just the protector alone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my payment was for $15.42 which worked out as about £9.10 by paypals conversion rate :roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One of the MAJOR differences that I can see is that the "pdamods.com" item (see here: clicky-clicky) states:

Features

• Includes 12 razor-thin polymer sheets

So, you are in effect getting from them, 12 protectors for, more or less, the price of 1 protector from JavoEdge!

Personally, I'm beginning to have 2nd thoughts about this offer now :s

Guest dude55
One of the MAJOR differences that I can see is that the "pdamods.com" item (see here: clicky-clicky) states:

So, you are in effect getting from them, 12 protectors for, more or less, the price of 1 protector from JavoEdge!

Personally, I'm beginning to have 2nd thoughts about this offer now :s

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe the difference is in durability, if you're getting 12, you probably have to change them ever so often. I have a durable one on my archos, and no worries, with that, you just leave it on there.

Would be nice to have an "official" line on this - or maybe someone else's experience of the items.

My first thoughts were about the durability of them too - but I don't have any detailed specs of either item to carry out a fair or reasonable comparison...

Guest JAVOedge

Hello everyone,

The major difference between our JAVOScreen and other desposable brands is just that, they are desposable and are not meant to last. We have customers report to us that they have gotten over 1 year of use from one single JAVOScreen. The desposable ones uses a sticky adhesive which leaves a lot of "hard to remove" residue on your screen if you wish to remove them for replacment. The JAVOscreen uses a silicon based material to cling onto the screen. It can be removed leaving no residue and washed with cold tap water and will retain it's stickiness.

Modaco.com has done numerous reviews on our products. Please feel free to read them.

Guest JAVOedge
I've now got my M500, and definitely want a screen protector for it (sorry for my initial wavering!).

I still haven't had any mails about this - should I re-send my original request, or can JAVO arrange to send me the payment stuff to

stuart(dot)martin1(at)orange(dot)net

with the appropriate puntuation in the places, of course!  :)

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Stu,

I have resent the email. Please let me know if you haven't received it.

Thanks!

Thanks for the update on this - sorry if I came across as "disrespectful" - that wasn't my intention - just wanting clarification on the seemingly large price difference!

Hopefully you've already received my payment - I made it at the weekend :)

Hello everyone,

The major difference between our JAVOScreen and other desposable brands is just that, they are desposable and are not meant to last.  We have customers report to us that they have gotten over 1 year of use from one single JAVOScreen.  The desposable ones uses a sticky adhesive which leaves a lot of "hard to remove" residue on your screen if you wish to remove them for replacment.  The JAVOscreen uses a silicon based material to cling onto the screen.  It can be removed leaving no residue and washed with cold tap water and will retain it's stickiness.

Modaco.com has done numerous reviews on our products.  Please feel free to read them.

Just to confirm this. The JavoScreen protectors last forever! I had three different M2000's and it was easy to remove the protector from one and apply it to the next when the handsets were replaced. Even now it looks good as new!

The other thing that is good about the Javo protectors is that they are non-reflective.

Guest hbfair
Is this still available? Do we have anywhere near enough interest to qualify?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep - I sent my mail off last night. According to JavoEdge the groupbuy's been extended until August 8th. Not sure how many more people we need, though.

Guest JAVOedge

Hi Everyone,

The minimum is 20 members.

Cutoff date is now August 8th (Monday). Lets hope we get 9 more by then.

UPDATE:

11 members have ordered and they are:

tetstb

Hax

Confused Stu

edmund

dude55

ezman

Bleugh

Afy

PompeyBish

artax

dan13l

5 has sucessfully made payment and they are:

-Hax

-dude55

-ezman

-Bleugh

-PompeyBish

Thanks!

Edited by JAVOedge

Guest hbfair
Hi Everyone,

The minimum is 20 members.

Cutoff date is now August 8th (Monday).  Lets hope we get 9 more by then.

UPDATE:

11 members have ordered and they are:

tetstb

Hax

Confused Stu

edmund

dude55

ezman

Bleugh

Afy

PompeyBish

artax

dan13l

5 has sucessfully made payment and they are:

-Hax

-dude55

-ezman

-Bleugh

-PompeyBish

Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey! Why am I not listed here? :shock:

Guest JAVOedge

UPDATE:

12 members joined

tetstb

Hax

Confused Stu

edmund

dude55

ezman

Bleugh

Afy

PompeyBish

artax

dan13l

digger

6 has made payment

-Hax

-dude55

-ezman

-Bleugh

-PompeyBish

-artax

Guest hbfair
I did not receive an email from you.  Can you resend it? 

Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really? Then how did I get a reply from you? :)

I'll resend it tonight, anyway.

Guest JAVOedge
Really?  Then how did I get a reply from you?  :)

I'll resend it tonight, anyway.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sorry about that, I must have missed you. I got your order down now.

I apologize for the confusion.

Guest JAVOedge

UPDATE:

13 members have joined:

tetstb

Hax

Confused Stu

edmund

dude55

ezman

Bleugh

Afy

PompeyBish

artax

dan13l

digger

HBFAIR

7 members have made payment:

Hax

dude55

ezman

Bleugh

PompeyBish

artax

digger

Guest JAVOedge

UPDATE:

Just a little reminder that the groupbuy ends this coming Monday (August 8th). I will be taking order through the 8th so you can still join in on Monday. Let's hope 6 additional members will join over the weekend to meet the 20 minimum.

14 members have joined:

tetstb

Hax

Confused Stu

edmund

dude55

ezman

Bleugh

Afy

PompeyBish

artax

dan13l