SPV C500 UK ROM 4.2.1.1 NOW ON ORANGE UK SITE

Guest mikey86uk

Guest iainmann

I know this has been answered before, but tried searching and can't find it. If you update, do sim unlocks and application unlocks still work? thanks.

Guest mikey86uk

how do i get my tracks i bought from msn music to work on my phone with WMP10 they worked befour the update but now they dont

and i used WMP10 on the PC to sync them over and they still dont work :cry:

sim locks will be fine...don't know about app locks but I would have thought so. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've tried the SIM unlock several times now and always get error: "Unknown error - 2147467259 in read operation" when reading encrypted block

More work for spv devs!

Guest 5aboy
I've tried the SIM unlock several times now and always get error:  "Unknown error - 2147467259 in read operation" when reading encrypted block

More work for spv devs!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nope!

u just gotta remember to copy over cert.cab and execute it first. sim unlock status was unchanged on my phone although i had to do app unlock again.

i dunno what i think about it just yet - does it feel snappier? im not sure.

the wmp10 thing is there, but aside from that cant really see whats been done.

Guest mupwangle

>>Is it worth the update just for WMP10?? I havent read enough about it yet.

WMP10 is much, much better. Allows MP3 ringtones and supports playlists. If you don't care about the above then I doubt it is worth upgrading.

Guest webpain

ive unlocked my phone with the old method (the 20 quid one), will i have to unlock it again?

arent there any other bugfixes, features added than THB and WMP10?

is this a better rom than the latest I-mate rom? if not, is there any better roms available for the c500 (except the wm2005 one..)?

Guest baby-g

is anyone having trouble with Application unlocking with this update?

with the last ROM i just used This tutorial, the bit about the OTA method (using pass through connection), and i got the message back saying it was unlocked in a couple of minutes. Now however i have tried ti about 6-7 times and waited for about an hour with no result

Any ideas?

thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest JOEJOETHEJOEY

Anyone know when this ROM was released? I seem to have it already, but I don't recall updating it. Lol.

On a different note, the Video Recorder doesn't record sound anymore (Audio is enabled in the settings). Any ideas why?

Edited by JOEJOETHEJOEY

Guest jamesb
Is the link still working for the new ROM?  It's not opening for me.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Works fine here. One reason it might not be working is that you need to have the C500 selected as your phone on the orange website. If thats done, it should work okay.

Guest JOEJOETHEJOEY
Works fine here. One reason it might not be working is that you need to have the C500 selected as your phone on the orange website. If thats done, it should work okay.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah yeh, I managed to get it working, but when I checked my phone's rom version, it was already 4.2.1.1. Hence my edited post above. :)

Guest JOEJOETHEJOEY

Actually, just checked again today. In the "About" screen, I have:

Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition

Version 4.21.1088 (Build 14217)

Radio Version 1337.0.32_0.03.18

ROM update versions:

Operator: 4.1.1.4

Manfacturer: 1.1.1.91

Microsoft: 4.21.14217.0

Language: 1.1.1.91

File System: 4.21.14217.0

So I guess my one is the old version afterall. I was confusing the WM2003SE version with the Operator ROM version. Lol.

So, just need advice to whether I should actually update to the new ROM? What functions will I lose?

• 1 month later...

Has anyone noticed orange's typo in the instructions for the c500 rom update?

"To check this power up your SPV and go to Start, Settings, About. Your Operator ROM version shouldn't be 4.2.1.2"

Might be confusing for some.

• 4 months later...
Guest tamoorhussain
Spent the morning trying to find a way to back up my texts as my ActiveSync is screwed. Finally found this: http://www.airfagev.com/downloads1.asp?id=60

Little program called sps studio.

It is genius and will let you back-up all your sms and contacts to your PC with no hassles.

Guess it's time for that ROM update now ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If i back up my sms using that, can i put them onto a 6230i?

regards

tamoor