C500 UK Update now

Guest beersoft

Guest Madeye

Niai...

Don't really know what the problem is but you could try converting the video using Windows Media Encoder first.

You can grab it from here. I hope you find the answer you were actually looking for tho!

:?:

Guest mupwangle

>>If I install this new ROM:

>>1. Will my phone still be application unlocked?

No.

>>2. If No, will I be able to application unlock it as I did before using the orange website?

Possibly not since the orange website can be a bit unreliable picking up imei numbers. Mind you - the fix you get when you email [email protected] works fine, so if it recognises your phone then you are probably OK. If I'm wrong then I'd be very surprised. The only problem I've seen is that the password for MMS is missing. Everything else seems to work. And the version number is the same.

>>3. Will my phone still be SIM card unlocked?

Don't think so.

>>4. If No, will I still be able to SIM unlock it as I did before for free (thanks to software developers for that icon_lol.gif )

#

Probably. Ask them.

>>can anyone verify if multikey press is working with this rom. some people have been claiming that it has been fixed

No it isn't. I haven't heard anyone claim that the english rom fixed the issue. Personally the french rom made *my* keypress issue go away but that may be a fluke. The english rom - on this phone at least - doesn't fix it.

The leaked ROM does appear to be identical to the official rom. If you update I would guess that it would be a waste of time.

Guest fduvall

Sorry if this has been answered, but I did not see it anywhere.

The only information that I have stored right now is a few pictures and 40 phone numbers. Is this all stored on the MiniSD card? If I take this out, and install the updated ROM, can I pop the MiniSD card back in after ROM upgrade and restore the photos and address book?

I can't seem to use bluetooth to send this information to my computer, and I do not have activsynch working with my laptop (long story).

Would like to upgrade the ROM, but won't do it if it will wipe my photos and address book. Thanks for any guidance.

FDuvall

2 questions... Please only answer if you know FOR SURE... Thanks a lot!!!

1. Are there any benefits of this ROM over the Audiovox one?

2. I have an Audiovox phone, is it possible to upgrade my phone to this ROM?

Guest MarkH
Hey stupid question but...

As alot of people i had the preview of the english version of this rom from usenet, and i saw that a previous post states this officially released rom is exactly the same BUT is there any confirmation of this, and if i flash this new offical ROM onto the phone will it make any diffrence?

I've never had any problem with the preview ROM, so if there is no diffrence then i won't bother.

Oh i better expand on what i mean by diffrence - can orange tell the diffrence?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

read post #10 - the file is identical

I can tell all those of you out there that I have "upgraded" to this ROM from the French ROM without problems.

Great!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What are the differences between fr<>uk 4.2.1.1 ?

thx

pier

Guest PayableOnDeath
What are the differences between fr<>uk 4.2.1.1 ?

thx

pier

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fr update is for the french people, UK update is for the UK people :)

Guest mupwangle

>>Would like to upgrade the ROM, but won't do it if it will wipe my photos and address book.

Your photos are probably on the phone itself - but use file manager and move them to the sd card. The phone book will be wiped. Other than using activesync I don't know how to back them up.

>>Can anyone confirm for sure whether this removes the SIM unlock for phones unlocked using the free method?

I don't know if it puts the lock back on or not.

Edited by mupwangle

>>Would like to upgrade the ROM, but won't do it if it will wipe my photos and address book.

Your photos are probably on the phone itself - but use file manager and move them to the sd card.  The phone book will be wiped.  Other than using activesync I don't know how to back them up.

>>Can anyone confirm for sure whether this removes the SIM unlock for phones unlocked using the free method?

It definately removes it (essentially you have a new phone inside).  the question is whether you can do it again.  Ask spv developers on their forum.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried SIM unlocking it after the update but it failed, giving me a RAPI unknown error :)

Guest Pondrew
Will this work with a T-Mobile SDA?

If I don't want WMP10, is it worth the hassle?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The rom update is for SPV C500. I wouldn't even try if I was you. The SDA isn't even an HTC Typhoon. Yes, it's a close relative but I still doubt the update would run and even if it did it might end up breaking something.

Keep an eye out for an SDA update instead...

Guest confused and hungover

this is soooo frustrating, i've been trying all morning to flash the new rom and it keeps freezing up on the 3 colour screen....

have now hard reset the phone and changed the locale and language to UK, hoping it might work this time..........

have now hard reset the phone and changed the locale and language to UK, hoping it might work this time..........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nope, still no joy. i keep getting "ERROR [294] INVALID VENDOR ID"

any ideas?

i actually just tried the french update too to see if i had any luck with it... it gave the same error code (in french obviously). i'm wondering do i need to update to a different rom first? i'm currently on 4.1.3.0...?

Guest peekie

The update wipes all of the phone , its only the contents of the sd card that remain, i always make a copy of the start menu shortcuts so i do not have to reinstall all my applications and games, so yes the t9 words will be gone , just do a back up before you upgrade :)

The update wipes all of the phone , its only the contents of the sd card that remain, i always make a copy of the start menu shortcuts so i do not have to reinstall all my applications and games, so yes the t9 words will be gone , just do a  back up before you upgrade :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

peekie, did you have any problems installing this on a dutch phone?

The update wipes all of the phone , its only the contents of the sd card that remain, i always make a copy of the start menu shortcuts so i do not have to reinstall all my applications and games, so yes the t9 words will be gone , just do a  back up before you upgrade :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry m8 - my question was how do I back up the database for T9?

Guest rankinl
Can anyone confirm for sure whether this removes the SIM unlock for phones unlocked using the free method?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To be clear for those who asked but were confued by the "Dont think so" answer, a ROM upgrade will NOT re-lock a SIM Unlocked Phone. So you can continue using any SIM you like after a ROM upgrade, assuming your phone was already SIM unlocked. This is tested, verified, and gospel.

Since everything else (except the SIM lock which is stored in a "special place") is wiped as part of the upgrade process, you WILL have to application unlock your phone again, and restore everything you want to have back from a backup including contacts, applications, and T9 dict.

Hope that helps...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.