C500 UK Update now

Guest beersoft

Guest pete_thomson
Sorry m8 - my question was how do I back up the database for T9?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you not copy \Storage\Application Data\T9AW.CDB and \Storage\Application Data\T9AW.UDB off the phone and then replace it after the upgrade??

Guest colincliff

hi confused and hungover,

how did you get your phone to update in the end. I'm getting the samne problems with the three colour screen.

I have the french rom

thanks

Guest confused and hungover

bizzarely my C500 (dutch) seems to have done the UK update and kept the application lock unlocked... sweet :)

Guest Griff_FFOC

For those asking if it removes contacts /pictures.

You can either sync your phone with active sync and put them into Outlook, or use the Orange Backup from the Orange menu option. Then update the phone and either sync it with outlook again or run the restore from the Orange menu on the phone.

As with pictures just use the data cable and copy them onto your PC temporarily.

I''m just downloading the update now, and once my phone is charged I'll give it a shot. :)

Guest Dr Who

You can either sync your phone with active sync and put them into Outlook, or use the Orange Backup from the Orange menu option.  Then update the phone and either sync it with outlook again or run the restore from the Orange menu on the phone.

As with pictures just use the data cable and copy them onto your PC temporarily.

I''m just downloading the update now, and once my phone is charged I'll give it a shot. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Be aware, unless Orange have addressed this of late, that if you use the Orange Backup service to backup your contacts then these will not synchronise with Outlook - activesync will just hang if you try and synchronise them.

Guest MarkH

You can either sync your phone with active sync and put them into Outlook, or use the Orange Backup from the Orange menu option.  Then update the phone and either sync it with outlook again or run the restore from the Orange menu on the phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

being that windows mobile 5 is supposed to sync pictures from the phone's phonebook into outlook 2003's contacts - does anyone know if there is a 3rd party add-on to enable the same between orange's installed caller ID app and outlook 2003 under WM2003SE???

Guest Griff_FFOC
Be aware, unless Orange have addressed this of late, that if you use the Orange Backup service to backup your contacts then these will not synchronise with Outlook - activesync will just hang if you try and synchronise them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've used the Orange backup a few times (not used restore yet) but i've just succesfully enabled syncing "Contacts" in the options menu of activesync (3.8) and it copied my contacts over into my current outlook 2003 profile no problem. So i'm not quite sure where your problem is.

Guest rmossuk

I have just installed this ROM and all seemed to go ok but have just noticed that my phone is now stuck in the Headset profile all of the time. Even if trying to change to one of the other profiles it reverts straight back to the headset profile. Has anyone seen this behaviour before or have any ideas of a solution/workaround. Any help would be appricated as ringtones are completly inaudible in headset profile unless you actually have a headset plugged in. Many thanks.

Guest sSword
can anyone verify if multikey press is working with this rom. some people have been claiming that it has been fixed

The leaked ROM does not fix multipress..... :)

so i assume the offical ROM will be no diff :oops:

Edited by sSword

Guest sSword

hmm, the orange site is being ghey

no matter how I get there it keeps saying 'sorry an error has occured' then bounces me back to the main page.

Guest Dr Who
I've used the Orange backup a few times (not used restore yet) but i've just succesfully enabled syncing "Contacts" in the options menu of activesync (3.8) and it copied my contacts over into my current outlook 2003 profile no problem.  So i'm not quite sure where your problem is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It occurrs when you use Orange Restore to return the data to your phone. The returned data is not (or certainly WAS not) compatible with Outlook. This may have changed if Orange have sorted out the service or if Activesync 4 can deal with the conflict.

Guest influenz
I have just installed this ROM and all seemed to go ok but have just noticed that my phone is now stuck in the Headset profile all of the time. Even if trying to change to one of the other profiles it reverts straight back to the headset profile. Has anyone seen this behaviour before or have any ideas of a solution/workaround. Any help would be appricated as ringtones are completly inaudible in headset profile unless you actually have a headset plugged in. Many thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sounds strange that this happens after/as the result of the upgrade.

I have had this before, it seems to be that some sort of switch/sensor in the headphone socket handles setting the headset profile.

To fix the problem I had to spend a while inserting and removing the headphone jack until the switch correctly registered the removal. (slowly does it!)

;-]

Guest moosery

clicky noises (through headset). Not while playing music but with the system sounds. Eg, keypress blip is followed by short "crackle". I turned off as many system sounds as I can and it's not crucial to me, but...!

Defo didnt happen before this update.

And it's not the infamous 17 second hiss noise either.

anyone else, or am I alone on this one?

Guest rmossuk
sounds strange that this happens after/as the result of the upgrade.

I have had this before, it seems to be that some sort of switch/sensor in the headphone socket handles setting the headset profile.

To fix the problem I had to spend a while inserting and removing the headphone jack until the switch correctly registered the removal.  (slowly does it!)

;-]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow thanks u r a star 8) guess the jack socket may have been heavily used will try and be more careful with it in future. Obviously one of the first things I did after the rom update was to try out some MP3s probably what kicked that one off!

Guest confused and hungover
clicky noises (through headset). Not while playing music but with the system sounds. Eg, keypress blip is followed by short "crackle". I turned off as many system sounds as I can and it's not crucial to me, but...!

Defo didnt happen before this update.

And it's not the infamous 17 second hiss noise either.

anyone else, or am I alone on this one?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'll let you know when iget that far... i'm still trying to sync MP10 with my PC MP

Guest merguez

do you know if Bluetooth ActiveSync works only if the "Connect via BT" is in 4th position in the menu, or both 3 and 4, like in the French ROM ? thanks

Guest gommie1979

I highly recommend leaving your C500 in the state it is in.

Moosery, I can confirn the update causes all manner of clicks and humms to the headset. Which makes my purchase of decent headphones a joke. It also means WM10 is pointless.

Congrats Orange on another fine reason to buy a C550!! :evil:

Anyone know where I can get the old rom file so I can downgrade?

Guest sSword
I highly recommend leaving your C500 in the state it is in.

Moosery, I can confirn the update causes all manner of clicks and humms to the headset. Which makes my purchase of decent headphones a joke. It also means WM10 is pointless.

I listen to mp3s to and from work every day and have had the new ROM for a while now

no clicks and humms here.....

the ch00nz still sound great on my turbosound earphones :-({|=

Guest gommie1979

Thanks colincliff,

In the process of downgrading.

The clicking seems to appear at the beginning and end of any system sound, so while you are navigating it is now a cacophony of noise.

Not a major fault I know but after playing with WM10 for 10 minutes I know I'll be sticking with Betaplayer.

Also the added symbols freak me óût!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.