SPV C550 AVAILABLE VIA 150 ORANGE CUSTOMER SERVICE

Guest SkUk21

Had a little play with mine, the camera quality isnt the best but is a vast improvement on the E200 one and you can send pics via bluetooth :)

The C550 has a light sensor which stops the key backligh coming on if its bright enough.

The phone comes set up to use the orange music player but you can set the phone buttons to use either the orange player or WMP10

Guest superflysi

C550 coming tomorrow in the post.........

so here comes the stupid questions.......

does it use same charger/sync cable as C500 (as I need to order from Boxwave or one of the affiliated sites) ??

does it use same memory - so I can order a 512 from Moby ??

any suggestions on a decent priced bluetooth GPS ?? (cheaper is best at the mo !)

might just use the E200 for TomTom though - as I wont mind leaving it in the glove compartment - now the new phone on its way

Cheers

Si

Guest spacerace
Rarr! Out of stock, what is this orange?!  :oops:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

was it the upgrade team you spoke to ?

initially I went through New Connection as it was cheaper for me to do it that way, and they were quoting out of stock, when upgrades who I had just spoken to said they had them IN stock ! couldn't believe it.

Guest TheBadger
was it the upgrade team you spoke to ?

initially I went through New Connection as it was cheaper for me to do it that way, and they were quoting out of stock, when upgrades who I had just spoken to said they had them IN stock ! couldn't believe it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah, I'm buying afresh. Can't beleive it, would have been here now if they had stock :)

Guest spacerace

yup that was what I found. couldn't believe that two different sections of Orange had such different stock levels (some versus none !)

The only hope for a new connection is to find a store with one in stock and sign up as a new customer at the store. Wednesday was the rumoured delivery of these phones to the shops but I tried my local Ipswich one and they had none on their shipment.

Worth trying one near you though.

Still no cradle though. I'll miss that when I finally replace my SPV E200  :cry:

(yes I know I can buy one seperately but where's the fun in that?!  :?: )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I rang orange yesterday and still no phones. Will wait a day or so but it would be nice to get some info on what the phone is like etc..

Guest sponge

I was in no rush to get the C550 as I don't consider it enough of an upgrade. However, Orange have told me that I can have it for free, with no upgrade fee, from the middle of next month. So chances are I will ask for it then. :)

Guest sponge

oops! :shock:

Is it me, or is there no way to delete posts? :?:

EDIT: Duplicate posts removed!

Edited by Pondrew

• 2 weeks later...
Guest m5systems
Still no cradle though. I'll miss that when I finally replace my SPV E200  :cry:

(yes I know I can buy one seperately but where's the fun in that?!  :?: )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

just a quick one mate - any idea where to get a cradle for the c550, or is it the c500 one from the shop that works?

i was about to ROM upgrade my 500 and buy a cradle but think i will just go for the 550 while i'm at it if there is a cradle that will work

thanks, dan

Guest Pondrew
just a quick one mate - any idea where to get a cradle for the c550, or is it the c500 one from the shop that works?

i was about to ROM upgrade my 500 and buy a cradle but think i will just go for the 550 while i'm at it if there is a cradle that will work

thanks, dan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One problem u might have with cradles for the C550 is the rubber cover on the underside getting in the way.

Actually, I think the Modaco shop was saying a C500 cradle wouldn't work due to the slight increase in size but that their supplier was addressing this. I'd wait and see what other peeps say...