• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

Zone-MR

Zone-MR

Regular

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
Heya... I'd just like to confirm that our free C500 SIM unlock tool works perfectly on the C550 (thanks nedge2k for the testing) :)

To decert (application unlock) the C550, simply change these keys using the attached registry editor (it's the freeware PHM editor signed by HTC):

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 = 1 (RAPI)
HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001005 = 40 (Cert)

Attached Files

Edited by Zone-MR, 03 January 2006 - 10:54 AM.

Posted Image

Alex (nedge2k)

Alex (nedge2k)

Editor Dude

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Devices:Too many!
  • Twitter:@nedge2k
You'll need to copy the reg editor to your SD card using a card reader to be able to get it on the phone.

Cab-O-Matic - The ONLY online .cab maker (now working again, mostly!)

Posted Image Posted Image

koe_182

koe_182

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:FOOTBALL

You'll need to copy the reg editor to your SD card using a card reader to be able to get it on the phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

can you not just drag and drop it when the phone is syncd? then run it from there?

i have no card reader, so cant think of any other way to do it :) any suggestions, need to get my phone decerted tho.

GothTeddy

GothTeddy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Devices:C550
Nice one :)

First thing I'll do when my c550 arrives tomorrow.

Tim

Tim

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
I'm probably doing something stupid but it won't let me drag and drop any files onnto the phone or the storage card. I get a message saying it's not allowed. Any ideas?

Alex (nedge2k)

Alex (nedge2k)

Editor Dude

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Erm ^^^^

Only other way would be to bluetooth/ir it across

GothTeddy

GothTeddy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
you can use activesync to move the zip file across, then unzip on the phone. (Wouldn't let me move the .exe across)

Worked like a charm :)

Edited by GothTeddy, 15 July 2005 - 11:03 AM.

TheBoff

TheBoff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:SPV C550

Heya... I'd just like to confirm that our free C500 SIM unlock tool works perfectly on the C550 (thanks nedge2k for the testing) :)

To decert (application unlock) the C550, simply change these keys using the attached registry editor (it's the freeware PHM editor signed by HTC):

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Will this decert process work for the C500? Had my phone replaced due to a cracked screen and have been unsuccesful so far using the Orange website method.

Cheers

spacerace

spacerace

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Devices:iphone
  • Twitter:@robgordon
Thanks very much for the info, worked perfectly for me.

(And yes you do need to copy the file to SD via a card reader, AS won't let you.)

GothTeddy

GothTeddy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
Like I said above, AS will let you copy the .zip file to the phone.

Tim

Tim

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Will this decert process work for the C500? Had my phone replaced due to a cracked screen and have been unsuccesful so far using the Orange website method.

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Orange website method worked for me if you run their Action Register App first. (Much to my surprise!)

TheBoff

TheBoff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:SPV C550

The Orange website method worked for me if you run their Action Register App first. (Much to my surprise!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes tried to app unlock OTA earlier and it worked, saw a post on here about problems when using firefox to view the page so I used IE instead and it worked first time. (And I haven't run the Action Register App)

So if anyone's using Firefox and is having problems app unlocking using the Orange website try IE.

mobile_f

mobile_f

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Yes tried to app unlock OTA earlier and it worked, saw a post on here about problems when using firefox to view the page so I used IE instead and it worked first time. (And I haven't run the Action Register App)

So if anyone's using Firefox and is having problems app unlocking using the Orange website try IE.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well i was wondering where i could also get the action register app for my c500.pls help

zell

zell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:SPV c500
Nice to see that ur guys are really fast to unlock the SPV c550.

Got a question about the warrenty if i change the values.
I think i will sure loose mine warrenty if i change it.
But when there is something wrong with the mobile would it work when i put the old values back?

deo

deo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:wheelchair rugby,photography, gadgets and watching sport of any kind
  • Devices:Orange SPV E200 / C550
how do yoou do this on there website, can only find sim unlock

fishyuk

fishyuk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Orange C550 and HP H6340

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just want to confirm it worked a treat on my new C550 too. I read this thread and took the plunge. The only thing I did differently is that I unlocked the application lock via the orange uk developers site. (I'd already done this before finding this thread). Only needed to copy and run the cab and then the unlock tool.

Alex (nedge2k)

Alex (nedge2k)

Editor Dude

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
Remeber that the Orange unlock site is only a partial unlock. Editing the reg with the HTC signed reg editor will fully unlock the device, allowing system file moving/deleting etc.

morpheus2702

morpheus2702

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts
  • Interests:Films, electronics, gadgets
  • Devices:nokia N95 8Gb

Heya... I'd just like to confirm that our free C500 SIM unlock tool works perfectly on the C550 (thanks nedge2k for the testing)

Maybe I'm being a twat here, but using PHM I can navigate to HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies with no problem - but I'm not seeing any entries within it/beyond it?

Device history: Nokia 5146, Nokia 3120, Nokia 7110 (x3), Nokia 6210 (x2), Ericsson T39, Ericsson T68, Sony Ericsson T68i, Orange SPV (x2), SPV E100 (x3), Nokia 6600 (x2), SPV C550, MDA Vario
Posted Image

Tim

Tim

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Maybe I'm being a twat here, but using PHM I can navigate to HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies with no problem - but I'm not seeing any entries within it/beyond it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

have you then pressed 'Values' ?

george7

george7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I don't seem to be able to app unlock using the registry editor, could someone give me some more detailed instructions?

cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users