C550 APPLICATION UNLOCK/DE-CERT

Guest FORCEFOXFIVE

Guest FORCEFOXFIVE

Hello ppl

Since getting my C550 last Friday, i was just wondering when we will see a link to "Certificate Security Disabling / Enabling" rather than using 'HK REGISTRY' tool, since i dont have the boll's to do so. :shock:

Would the usual site work on the C550?

http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdefq.aspx

Cheers :?:

UPDATE-

Just tried the above website and it worked just fine. THAT WAS A RITE TOUCH!

Edited by FORCEFOXFIVE

Hello ppl

Since getting my C550 last Friday, i was just wondering when we will see a link to "Certificate Security Disabling / Enabling" rather than using 'HK REGISTRY' tool, since i dont have the boll's to do so.  :shock:

Would the usual site work on the C550?

http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdefq.aspx

Cheers  :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It worked for me, after using the Register app on the Orange site.

Guest spacerace

in the end I used the registry editor method, but before seeing that I simply email'd orange developers saying I had a C550 I wanted application unlocking, uncluded my IMEI and they email'd back the file to use.

Guest pd.ryder

I used the standard OTA method which worked fine.

Developers@orange emailed me an app for my E200 because OTA kept failing and I'll probably mail them with my IMEI for the C550 as the app does give more control over the level of security used.

Guest clean.cotton

I just tried the above method and it seemed to work fine on my C500..I haven't tried installing any applications yet though to test it fully.

Guest defect
in the end I used the registry editor method, but before seeing that I simply email'd orange developers saying I had a C550 I wanted application unlocking, uncluded my IMEI and they email'd back the file to use.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried the Orange website but my C550 returns a "invalid parameters" after I type #06# to receive my IMEI, so I'm wondering how you did you found you're IMEI?

Maybe it is because I have a dutch orange abo+phone?

Guest hotphil

It's been a while since I did the unlock thing. As I recall it was necessary with the SPV (Canary) if you wanted to install any software not supplied Orange as it would flat refuse it. My C550 just says "it comes from an untrusted source, do you want to continue?". So my question is - what's the point of de-certing it? Am I missing some other benefit?

Edited by hotphil

Guest Radeon12345

I unlocked my C550 using the Orange developer site ok, had to register my phone first using the tool on the orange developer site first though as it kept saying my IMEI didn't exist :)

Once I registered my IMEI number it unlocked with no problems :D

Guest jhils1

My new C550 accepted all the applications that I had on my C500(which did need unlocking), straight out of the box without unlocking-are you sure you need to bother? 'Course most of them dont work properly cos of the higher resolution screen...And it seems to take longer to boot up and to do things-maybe the new screen takes extra processing power and as its just really a C500 with a 1.3 mega pixel cam and a higher resolution screen its still only got the same 200 mhz processor.

Edited by jhils1

Guest spacerace

Then you simply are not installing any software that needs application unlocking (and weren't on the C500 either) !

If the software needs application unlocking, then yes you need to bother, otherwise it won't work..

Guest jhils1
Then you simply are not installing any software that needs application unlocking (and weren't on the C500 either) !

If the software needs application unlocking, then yes you need to bother, otherwise it won't work..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had to application unlock the C500 as it wouldnt let me install anything on it .As I said the C550 took all apps straight out of the box-unlike the C550-and at least one other person has had the same thing(scroll up)It just might be that Orange has finally seen sense and stopped locking its Windows Mobile products hardly anyone else does.

Guest spacerace

mmm having thought about it, the first thing I did with mine was to unlock it, so I guess you might be right, it may have never been application unlocked. since the orange developers came back with an unlock zip as they did for the C500 I assumed it was locked. you'd think they'd have said "you don't need an unlock code because it isn't locked" !!

Guest rickwookie
I had to application unlock the C500 as it wouldnt let me install anything on it .As I said the C550 took all apps straight out of the box-unlike the C550-and at least one other person has had the same thing(scroll up)It just might be that Orange has finally seen sense and stopped locking its Windows Mobile products hardly anyone else does.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can confirm that I've so far installed TCPMP and PHM Registry Editor on a new C550 without doing an application unlock.

Edited by rickwookie

Guest pd.ryder

You got TCPMP to work?

Unlocked or otherwise, I've had to resort to using Betaplayer Stable 0.5 again. TCPMP just wouldn't function properly - when trying to swap between files - it needed a reboot and would play one file only, again needing a reboot before playing another. Bizzare :)

Guest head3d
You got TCPMP to work?

Unlocked or otherwise, I've had to resort to using Betaplayer Stable 0.5 again. TCPMP just wouldn't function properly - when trying to swap between files - it needed a reboot and would play one file only, again needing a reboot before playing another. Bizzare :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My phone was locked and i had to unlock.

TCPMP work fine on my phone too! full screen videos!

Guest guanche

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same here, no need for unlocking my phone (NL). I tried several games to test out compatibility and all the games which formaly needed an unlocked phone worked instantly.

Perhaps this is the result of different policies per country?

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

I just tried unlocking my SPV C550 with that link (the one at the Orange Developers Site) and it didn't work. I've tried several times but nothing has come up on my handset yet. :)

Does anybody know what's wrong?

Guest awarner (MVP)

YOu need to be connected initially to GPRS but if you still get problems you can always email the Orange developers and they can send you an unlock app for your device.