Photo

Official 1.47 EMEA Generic Rom available!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

rsrocha

rsrocha

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
New rom is out! Official 1.47 EMEA (European) Generic Rom. Contains Russian Language Pack.

Where? Do some googling and youll find... :)

kpablo

kpablo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Audiovox SMT5600
I can´t find them... :)
And what´s new in the 1.47??? WM10?
And language only russian & english?

Paraklas

Paraklas

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Interests:Programing (C++, JAVA), Hardware, Software, getting latest mobile phones
  • Devices:Mpx220
WM9 not 10

Posted Image

Nokia 6110 -> Nokia 7250 -> Nokia 6600 -> SPV E200 -> Mpx200 ->SPV C550 & Mpx220

wildmanviper

wildmanviper

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:Motorola MPX220
not that new then, if nothing is different, why upgrade and risk messing something up?

roma0803

roma0803

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II/Nokia N82

not that new then, if nothing is different, why upgrade and risk messing something up?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Better reception, better soundquality, no delay when answering, stable, better memorymanagement. I've got the impression it's easier on the battery. I had the 1.15 ROM, hardly had any problems just a bit of a lagging phone after 48+ hours of running time. This ROM just "feels" better overall. So far 72 hours up and running and not a single issue, not the slightest.

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

kpablo

kpablo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Audiovox SMT5600
It would be possible to be said that it is same version 1,43 but for the European and African market... :)

The package of language that exists is in UK English, US English, Italian, Turkish, German, French, Spanish, in one of the archives and in the other that I did not prove I believe that it includes English and Russian...

spankersbor

spankersbor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:QTEK 8500
Great, so the EMEA rom is available and according to other posts, we need to trick the US update tool into updating the Mpx220. Does anybody know where I can find the European update tool without too much hassle? Or do I really need to trick the US update tool? I tried google, but apparently I am useless at finding anything ;-)

Oh yeah

<<-- I'm a noob

Edited by spankersbor, 25 July 2005 - 07:52 AM.

roma0803

roma0803

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Great, so the EMEA rom is available and according to other posts, we need to trick the US update tool into updating the Mpx220. Does anybody know where I can find the European update tool without too much hassle? Or do I really need to trick the US update tool? I tried google, but apparently I am useless at finding anything ;-)

Oh yeah

<<-- I'm a noob

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can do a search at Surreal Networks for the updater. Install the updater and follow the instructions and even a n00b can do the trick :)

Since I have no confirmation the 1.47 ROM is a official release (and I think not since it's nowhere at the Moto site), I can't point you in the right direction there without breaking the rules of this board. But I'm sure Google can help you out.

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

rsrocha

rsrocha

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
The rom is official. But motorola doesnt want costumers to update their phones because of warranty issues. In USA its different because the update tools at motorola site were "sponsored" by Cingular and ATT who gives their own warranty service. Now you can figure out why motorola only update phones at their service centers. As for operator specific phones, they dont bother because operators provide their own warranty service so they can release updates to costumers as the operator takes the responsabilities.

scar19

scar19

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:MPx220

Oh yeah

<<-- I'm a noob

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm using the Offline Explorer available at Surreal Networks (v1.8.5), but I can't upgrade my 3.46 ROM to the new 1.47.
After I choose the ROM location (Step 3), I press "Next" and Windows gives an error message and closes the program...

Any ideas how to solve this? :?:

spankersbor

spankersbor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi guys

for a noob I didn't do too bad. 1.47 is up and running on my phone with European langauge and locale support. Googling to find the update didn't help but the posts here pointed in the right direction ;-)

Updating is relativly painless and simple to do. So all I need to do now is find out exactly what the firmware upgrade does.

<-- Second post and still a noob, I deserve a medal

spankersbor

spankersbor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I'm using the Offline Explorer available at Surreal Networks (v1.8.5), but I can't upgrade my 3.46 ROM to the new 1.47.
After I choose the ROM location (Step 3), I press "Next" and Windows gives an error message and closes the program...

Any ideas how to solve this? :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Perhaps a new computer?

Useless suggestion, just wanted three posts

<--- 3 posts and and still a noob

roma0803

roma0803

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

The rom is official. But motorola doesnt want costumers to update their phones because of warranty issues. In USA its different because the update tools at motorola site were "sponsored" by Cingular and ATT who gives their own warranty service. Now you can figure out why motorola only update phones at their service centers. As for operator specific phones, they dont bother because operators provide their own warranty service so they can release updates to costumers as the operator takes the responsabilities.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, that makes sense. Thanx.

JorgeCCastro

JorgeCCastro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:MPX220
Hi there, i got a few questions... In the Resource Manager below device info i got O.S.: 4.210
Is that the firmware version?
If it is, is 1.47 Rom newer?
if so, how do i update, i already have the Rom but no update tool...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Paraklas

Paraklas

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Interests:Programing (C++, JAVA), Hardware, Software, getting latest mobile phones
  • Devices:Mpx220

Hi there, i got a few questions... In the Resource Manager below device info i got O.S.: 4.210
Is that the firmware version?
If it is, is 1.47 Rom newer?
if so, how do i update, i already have the Rom but no update tool...

Thanks in advance for any help!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To find what version you have, type *#**837# and green dial key.

Posted Image

Nokia 6110 -> Nokia 7250 -> Nokia 6600 -> SPV E200 -> Mpx200 ->SPV C550 & Mpx220

JorgeCCastro

JorgeCCastro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks for the info... i updgraded to 1.47 Rom but in the Settings menu, the Phone Settings (where you change the Ext. LCD image) don't work!! it won't open!
Is there a solution!?

roma0803

roma0803

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

thanks for the info... i updgraded to 1.47 Rom but in the Settings menu, the Phone Settings (where you change the Ext. LCD image) don't work!! it won't open!
Is there a solution!?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mean you can't get in to the settings menu at all? Have you restarted the phone once more?

mirdir

mirdir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I installed the ROM (upgrade from 1.43) and everything is working OK. But when I type *#**837# SW Ver: says 1.150-0 (?). Question ofcource is, if it realy worked out, ok.

birlest

birlest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Sorry...I downloaded the upgrade to 1.47: is a .rar file.
How do I now install it on the mobile?
Do I have to copy it somewhere in the MPX220...just the file like it is now ?

Thanks

roma0803

roma0803

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Sorry...I downloaded the upgrade to 1.47: is a .rar file.
How do I now install it on the mobile?
Do I have to copy it somewhere in the MPX220...just the file like it is now ?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unpack the file with WinRAR (like WinZIP) and use the offline updater to install.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users