Orange 3G USIM in Orange SPV M2000...

Guest nforsans

Guest nforsans

I wonder whether I could use an Orange SPV M2000 device with my Orange 3G USIM, instead of the orange 2.5G sim

I've got lots of free data allowance on my 3G plan, and I was wondering whether I could use spend my allowance with the SPV M2000 phone.

I spent the past couple of weeks using my 3G usim in a 2.5G phone (Nokia 6600, a tri-band phone, as I was in Canada) and it worked great.

Has anyone one tried? I don't want to take a separate, expensive data bundle with the M2000 while I've got lots of free data left on my other orange number.

Cheers

Guest bronksy

I am trailling a 3g handset and I was sent a 3G sim. Thia replaced my 2.5Gsim and I use the same SIM in my M2000 and on my 3g handset.

I see no reason why there should be any problems. You obvioulsy won't get access to 3G because your M2000 is not a 3G enabled handset.

3G on Orange uses the same internet gateways for data, it's just that you get the data quicker with 3G capeable phones. In theory, the data will still come from the same bundle. I don't think that O can tell that you're not using your data for 3G, and just regular GPRS...

I think I'm correct here, my 3G handset has the same internet gateway settings as any other handset, so I don't know how Orange would be able to selectively see whether you're using 3G or 2.5G

I could be totally wrong though.. anyone confirm this?

Guest bronksy
My USIM works fine in my M2000 (and C500!)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but data-wise.. does your 3G bundle differ from your regular data bundle?

Guest Paul [MVP]

Yeah, I have a 3G Data Card on the 1GB deal or whatever it was, hence I can bung that SIM in the M2000 and do lots of data as it were.

P

• 4 weeks later...
Guest pjh2903
but data-wise.. does your 3G bundle differ from your regular data bundle?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just got my bill from orange. I can confirm that all my data usage (27Mb last month) has come out of my 3G data bundle with the usim in my m2000