72 replies to this topic

Pagemakers

Pagemakers

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Devices:HTC S620
...and I'm not sure if everybody in the list receives the sms or just the first person.

Phone History: 7110 > T68 > T68i > 7650 > SPV > E100 > 6600 > P900 > Treo 600 > E200 > C500 > Jam > SDA > C550 > QTEK8100 > iMate SP5 & JasJar > HTC MTeoR > Samsung i600 > HTC S620 > Dash

Gears

Gears

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:What we're dealing with here is a total lack of respect for the law...

...and I'm not sure if everybody in the list receives the sms or just the first person.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Testing this last night, the first person ONLY got the SMS. However trying it this morning, everyone got the SMS but I still got the error message. Hit 'n miss a-go-go...

Gears - Webmaster
Posted Image

spgster

spgster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:SPV C550
Here's a good one..

Set up a reminder.
Lock keypad (Quicklist|3)
Wait for reminder

When the remider goes off, you are given the option of "Dismiss" or "Options" as per normal. But, you can only click "Dismiss". If you activate the "Options" menu, you get the options but cannot select any of them as the key pad is lokked, also, you cannot unock the keypad because the "Unlock" option is hidden by the reminder!!!

Therefore, a looked keypad means you may only dismiss the reminder.
I have also seen this when I have the music player running. You cannot unlock the keypad to stop the music!!!!

Great phone otherwise though.

Steve

neilfenstein

neilfenstein

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:snowboarding, xbox360, taekwondo, mountain biking, PC modding
  • Devices:Orange SPV C600
That reminder problem happens with alarms and reminder on the C500! I have to remember to take keylock off when I go to bed or I cant snooze it!!

Dave everybody is dead... Everybody is dead DAVE!

bitbank

bitbank

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
The C550 has a GAPI bug. The bug is that by default the system returns a video size of 176x220 and a fake VRAM pointer (which gets copied to the display at GXEndDisplay()). This is the same as the behavior of the VGA Pocket PCs to allow older apps to work properly. This is supposed to be overridden when the "HI_RES_AWARE" flag is included in the resources. This flag has no effect on the C550. The ESCAPE for GetRawFrameBuffer does work, so the display can be accessed as 240x320.

Larry Bank

the fastest instructions are none at all :)

defect

defect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:pixelz
  • Devices:Orange SPV C550
#Caller photo id bug

Incoming calls from a caller with a caller photo, added with the caller photo id program, are displayed poorly. The photo is shown in the left bottom of the screen and name and number are displayed through the photo.. looks terrible.

#mp3 as ringtone bug

Setting an mp3 file as ringtone seems only possible when viewing in thumbnail mode, however to go to thumbnail mode you first have to open an image file, start > 0 > 0 > 5 > 3, open image file, then choose thumbnails, select an mp3 file (note: you cannot see the file name) choose menu > 3 > 1 or 2

Does anyone know what the differene is between 'ringtone for line 1' and 'ringtone for line 2'?

Edited by defect, 08 August 2005 - 01:26 PM.

Pagemakers

Pagemakers

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
Some operators (like orange) allow you to have 2 telephone numbers on one phone. That is why you have ringtome 1 & 2

Phone History: 7110 > T68 > T68i > 7650 > SPV > E100 > 6600 > P900 > Treo 600 > E200 > C500 > Jam > SDA > C550 > QTEK8100 > iMate SP5 & JasJar > HTC MTeoR > Samsung i600 > HTC S620 > Dash

spgster

spgster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:SPV C550

#Caller photo id bug

Incoming calls from a caller with a caller photo, added with the caller photo id program, are displayed poorly. The photo is shown in the left bottom of the screen and name and number are displayed through the photo.. looks terrible.

#mp3 as ringtone bug

Setting an mp3 file as ringtone seems only possible when viewing in thumbnail mode, however to go to thumbnail mode you first have to open an image file, start > 0 > 0 > 5 > 3, open image file, then choose thumbnails, select an mp3 file (note: you cannot see the file name) choose menu > 3 > 1 or 2

Does anyone know what the differene is between 'ringtone for line 1' and  'ringtone for line 2'?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is not a bug. You can move the text about the screen when you are setting a caller id picture. I fell for that one too!

incognitolad

incognitolad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:Nokia N80 / SPV C600
I managed to find a few more..

1: MSN Messenger - Where its been reprogrammed to fit the new screen size the bottom line of the sent/recieved messages overlaps the line where you type.

2: MMS - No ability to save a number to contacts. Also, I don't know if its just me but I can't force it to send/recieve. It just comes up "Finihsed" without even connecting to GPRS.

defect

defect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

This is not a bug. You can move the text about the screen when you are setting a caller id picture. I fell for that one too!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tnx, will try it.. do you agree on the mp3 as ringtone bug?

mkent_barbados

mkent_barbados

MoDaCo Plus+

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Devices:HTC EVO 3D GSM

I guess so, but it makes browsing a pain because the images are saved to your phone and viewed through the album.  Then you need to clean the images off your phone. If you elect not to "save" the image, you can't  view it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My iMate SP3i US version does this, but have kinda got used to it. Seem to be stored somewhere volatile too as I never clean them out, but they disappear on their own.

Thumper Net

Thumper Net

The artist formerly known as Peekie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts
one bug i found was if you install pocket music the phone cant play mp3's or ringtones even removing the application does not help only a hard reset will get those mp3's playing :)

gadget freek , rabbit mad english guy trapped in Holland

defect

defect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried to move the text and even tried to applied a theme, which you can select via start > 5 > 6 > menu > 7 > 3
but nothing seems to work.. can you explain how you managed to get the incoming call displayed correctly?

stern

stern

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
When the screen showing a preview of the photo id appears you can use the stick to move the incoming and number/name to anywhere on the screen if you press menu you then get display and text settings these 2 menus let you change many things in the design of the page including text size, font and colour.

Edit: this is after I have accessed photo id by choosing save as>photo id from a picture I had just taken

Edited by stern, 17 August 2005 - 09:07 AM.

lowbug

lowbug

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
Major Bug>>

Your on a call. Another call coming in and is call waiting, you tell the first party you have another call and accept the 2nd new call either pressing the accept softkey or the green button....

You can hear nothing the call timer starts for the new call but nothing happens. The calling party on the 2nd call hears electronic white noise!!

BTH the c500 was always a bit ropey in this area you would lose 30% of calls, the C550 loses 95% of calls in this scenerio

The c500 issue was in some way linked to the locked kepadand even though it ever gave ou the option if you did the keypress's to unlock and then accepted the 2nd call it worked.. It looks like they have fixed the locked issue and screwed the rest! :)

Edited by lowbug, 19 August 2005 - 11:31 PM.

fmountford

fmountford

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Here's a good one..

Set up a reminder.
Lock keypad (Quicklist|3)
Wait for reminder

When the remider goes off, you are given the option of "Dismiss" or "Options" as per normal. But, you can only click "Dismiss". If you activate the "Options" menu, you get the options but cannot select any of them as the key pad is lokked, also, you cannot unock the keypad because the "Unlock" option is hidden by the reminder!!!

Steve

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Similar one,

Whilst downloading a music file on Orange music player, i went to the home screen and locked the keypad.

Got the message to say it had finished downloading but desite having the option to press unlock it wouldnt let me.

Had to pull the battery out in the end.

fmountford

fmountford

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

3) Screen always turns off (or very dim) after xx seconds.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is not a bug

Go to Start ,Settings, Home Screen, and Alter time out to a better figure

then go to Start, Settings, More, power management, change backlight time out and display time out,

On mine these are 10 mins, never and never.

Perhaps they could have been more thoughtful with the default settings though.

Pagemakers

Pagemakers

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts

This is not a bug

Go to Start ,Settings, Home Screen, and Alter time out to a better figure

then go to Start, Settings, More, power management, change backlight time out and display time out,

On mine these are 10 mins, never and never.

Perhaps they could have been more thoughtful with the default settings though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ouch! Dont do that. Your battery will last to 10 hours!

Have a look here and then read the solution on page 3, 2nd post down:

http://www.modaco.co...or-t223448.html

fr3ak

fr3ak

phr3@kish!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:M5000, C550
When using the orange music player, if you press the home button, then lock the keypad, the screen will (at some point) go back to the music player screen!!

All well and good until you try to unlock the keypad......

The menu that should be hidden under the unlock button seems to still be active - kinda like the reminder with Keylock bug earlier.

OK, I is a bit fick, did n't see the earlier post that mentioned this - I do apologise!

Edited by fr3ak, 25 August 2005 - 01:24 PM.

chedmaster

chedmaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:SPV C500, C550
bug 1 on the first post can be fixed by pressing 2, this changes the resolution in all camera modes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users