First pictures of HTC Wizard (QTEK 9100 / Jam 2)

Guest Pondrew

Guest HerpezP

I like that one best too :)

To me it more looks like a certification document (what the radiation is when Bluetooth, WiFi, etc. is used), that needs to be done to tell if the device is legal and isn't radiating more than the permitted values. The link shows you a 180-pages pdf, right? There are some other documents on the FCC site with pictures of the 3 different devices etc.

Anyway, I was wondering how they would be able to test the 802.11g band on the device, if it hasn't got one ;)

Guest HerpezP

I hope so, but on mobile-review and msmobiles e.g. it only says b. But I suppose they haven't got more information then the rest of us anyway :)

Would be nice to have 54mbit (g)... Don't know how much more useful than 11mbit (:( it would be though, but always nice to have ;)

Guest bretto

I wish they would get rid of the keyboard altogether and just have the touchscreen. A relatively whopping big touch screen.

All screen and hardly anything else would be perfect for me. If I wanted the keyboard and a bulky item Id drag my notebook around with me. Its far more suitable for all that computer stuff.

I want a phone/pda thats an extension of my office not a ball and chain that I have to drag around with me. And I want it small but I want to be able to use it easily. I want it in my pocket and ready to use anywhere, not just when I have my jacket. In my experience bulky phones get left in the car/briefcase/bag which when you think about it is where you may as well have your notebook!

I also want it to have all the latest technology, wm2005 without any bugs, and I want it to be indestructible, and weatherproof, ooh and it needs to be shiny but not too shiny....

Thin, fast and easy to use would be great really.

AND seriously who is designing the look of these things?!? Stevie Wonder?? Come on HTC

Guest Pondrew

Hmm. Not sure what peeps are disappointed about. It's only slightly larger (most in thickness) then an HTC Magician (which peeps have raved about) yet includes both wifi b/g and a QWERTY keyboard!

I'm guessing a lot of folks are just loyal to Smartphone which to be honest I can understand. Here's hoping the SPV C600 turns out to be more then any of us hoped! Specially given the Samsung i300 harddrive 'phone that people were touting as the new holy grail of Smartphones (much the same as the MPX220 was!) is said to be struggling on battery life AND features a smaller screen then the SPV Smartphone range. 1 step forward, 2 steps back?!

Guest tonijj

Well, the two things I'm a bit picky about is of course, even though I agree with you, its very small considering that it has a keyboard, but its just not pocket size like my spv500. And of course, the processor is a bit weak for such a machine, but again, its still just a beta.

If the C600 would include WiFi, the entire Modaco Community would cork up the bubbly I think :)

Guest Pondrew
Well, the two things I'm a bit picky about is of course, even though I agree with you, its very small considering that it has a keyboard, but its just not pocket size like my spv500. And of course, the processor is a bit weak for such a machine, but again, its still just a beta.

If the C600 would include WiFi, the entire Modaco Community would cork up the bubbly I think  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You just might get your wish...

Guest confused and hungover
Don't mean to get hopes up as I've got no official info.

BUT... look at the C600 entry (far right) here

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thats a bit cheeky 2005/Q4 eh?

Guest HerpezP

C600 with WM5 and WiFi... if that's turning out to be true, I think there's a good chance I would go with that one instead of the Wizard, since, as said, it's smaller and easier to carry around. And btw, WM5 and WiFi is pretty much the two things on top of my list of things I would like to add to my C500 :)

Guest tonijj
C600 with WM5 and WiFi... if that's turning out to be true, I think there's a good chance I would go with that one instead of the Wizard, since, as said, it's smaller and easier to carry around. And btw, WM5 and WiFi is pretty much the two things on top of my list of things I would like to add to my C500 ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same here. WiFi, WM5 and of course, better batteries :)

Hope that the guys over at Xda are righ about this one! :(

Ooh, I wonder if those C600 predictions are true. I'm up for a new phone in November, but I'd be happy to wait a month or so if the C600 has those features and is Q4 2005 / early Q5 2006.

Guest Xenzo1990
I just want something that makes an upgrade from a C500 seem worthwhile!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, damn it, thats exactly what I'm looking for.

Guest HerpezP

Hope this is not too much off-topic, but some info (and its own stats page) just showed up on the upcoming C600 (now aka HTC Tornado) on XDA-developers: http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?p...ame=HTC_Tornado

Seems like it will get the same CPU as the HTC Wizard (now I really hope this CPU is able to run Skype)... Anyone knows how reliable a source XDA-developers is?

Guest Pondrew

I've updated the 1st post with a link to a video preview of the Qtek 9100.

Highlight of the clip is a demonstration of wifi in use. Oh, and a kicking soundtrack! 8)

I was surprised to see the stylus is telescopic in that you can adjust the length to suit you.

I want this device! (at the moment, anyway :) )

• 2 weeks later...
Guest someone

Here's a high resolution picture of the 9100 :)

the device can be pre-ordered at Expansys Netherlands for 794,95 Euro (thats where this picture comes from)

post-1091-1124204576_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jonhitch

The QTEK 9100 / JAM2 looks incredible. All the negatives of the original JAM have been solved in this small package! Not quite as good looking as the JAM/M500 but that doesn't bother me. I'll be getting this as soon as my contract ends :o

The JAM is dead .. Long live the JAM2!

Its too early to be sure but if the info there is correct we're in for a treat.

The benchmark results show it outperforms the Magician. So much for the 'cripplingly slow' processor.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.