M2000 to stereo or mixer

Guest ADS Entertainments

Guest ADS Entertainments

I am a mobile DJ and was looking at getting an iPod as back up, then it dawned on me that I could record some backup music onto a 1GB SD Card and play it via the windows media player on the phone, however the headphone socket is not the standard jack socet, can anyone help me find a lead with a set of phono plugs on the other end that will also fit into the headphone socket of my phone.

Thanks

Andy

Guest philgriffiths

I believe the modaco shop sells an adapter that will convert the jack on the M2000 to the regular sized headphone jack. I can't comment on how effective this is, or what the sound quality is like as i personally don't have one i vaguely remember you having to do modify it slightly to get it to work with the M2000, but that was a while ago and the problem may have been relsoved in newer builds of the phone.

Hope this helps a little, you can find the adapter i'm talking about here

Guest Porkspeare
Hi,

I bought one of these http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=118289

Works a treat for headphones - so should be the same for connecting to audio equipment.

Matt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I too have bought one of those, i found if i push it all the way into the socket i only get mono, but i pull the jack out slightly then i get glorious stereo again.

I have mine connected to a stereo and it works a treat.

Guest fraser
I too have bought one of those, i found if i push it all the way into the socket i only get mono, but i pull the jack out slightly then i get glorious stereo again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You bought the wrong one then. The correct adapter won't do this. Some have different wiring, and the HTC BA is totally different to all the others. You proSPAMly aren't getting stereo sound, just either the left or right channel through both speakers.

As for hooking up to a hifi, sure, that'll work. Will probably sound crap though, my laptop is horrible hooked up to a hi-fi, and I can't imagine the phones audio hardware being any better! Depends on what you are hooking it up to in the end, if it's also crap then it won't matter much! :)

Guest matt1971

I have mine connected to a stereo and it works a treat.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I kept ordering the wrong one also and had exactly the same problem. The item I mentioned above works perfectly without fiddling with it. Its just a case of making sure you order the PDA2k one.

Matt

• 3 months later...

What's the sound quality like, hooked up to an amp? I'm considering getting the adapter, would be good when you go round to a party etc and want to put something on.